Pinned left VG instead of right, had difficulty and looking for guidance.

jdg86

Right VG was my very first pin and was fine with minimal PIP. I'm right handed so I'm guessing it was the awkwardness. Upon inserting in the left, I initially felt a sharper pain than before so I aborted and changed to a clean needle, re-wiped my skin with an alcohol wipe, and repinned. Still was a little more pain than before but not a problem. Pushing the plunger down was very awkward, the needle was going in and out a bit, not all the way obviously but a tiny bit, and when I pulled out the needle it seemed like it came out crooked. Not sure if I pulled it out at an angle or what but I don't think I inserted it it at an angle. I aspirated and there was no blood I should also mention.

I'm drawing with a 20g 1'' needle and injecting with 27g 1 1/4''. I feel that I may need to order some 25g because injecting is slow. I'm only injecting 1ml but when in an awkward position like that it's very hard to push down and I was using two hands to try to keep it steady. I think i was just nervous as well.

Definitely feels a bit more sore than the last time, and there's a line as if I either inserted it crooked or something, I don't see how I could have though, it looked straight to me, almost looks like it scraped me as I removed it. Should I be worried about anything? Should I avoid that area in the future? I'm only pinning every 3 days so I should have plenty of other options. Obviously just nervous, I take this seriously and wanna make sure I'm doing everything correctly. Very anal about being as sterile as possible.

Op you'll be fine, it was probably just the nerves causing you to move the needle around a bit to much. Get 25g 1" needles and that should help. I love ventro glutes and haven't had any issues other than my back cramping a little (not very flexible). The left side is a liitle more difficult for me as well and it always looks like the needle comes out crooked but I get zero pip.

Op you'll be fine, it was probably just the nerves causing you to move the needle around a bit to much. Get 25g 1" needles and that should help. I love ventro glutes and haven't had any issues other than my back cramping a little (not very flexible). The left side is a liitle more difficult for me as well and it always looks like the needle comes out crooked but I get zero pip.

I wasn't sure on the correct length, I'm pretty lean but do hold some fat in my lower stomach and love handle area still. Do 1'' still work on glutes?

I wasn't sure on the correct length, I'm pretty lean but do hold some fat in my lower stomach and love handle area still. Do 1'' still work on glutes?

Hit your glute in the right area and 1" is fine. Get 1 1/2" if your worried about it tho.

keep us posted.

Not much PIP the next day, seems ok, not sure what happened. There's a line as if I scraped myself with the needle somehow but no pain or anything troubling looking. I'll try heating up the oil next time a bit so I don't have to push the plunger with all of my might.

There are a couple veins that run through your VG. I hit them sometimes and it causes a sharp pain. I typically just push right through it and continue the injection. Makes for some pip, but once i'm in...I ain't pulling out ;)

There are a couple veins that run through your VG. I hit them sometimes and it causes a sharp pain. I typically just push right through it and continue the injection. Makes for some pip, but once i'm in...I ain't pulling out ;)

Hmm I aspirated and didn't get any blood.

Listen as many noobs do they make pinning a bigger deal then it should be. Your problem as stated was your nerves and shaking and the slowness of the G needle causing much too slow for your steadiness.

I use 23G x 1" for anything and everything. I do use a 25G 5/8" for water base as in Prop or others.

I sometimes use a 22G 1" when I don't have the others. 22G doesn't hurt as some might think when used on V- glute or other. The only reason I draw with a different needle is to keep sharp my pinning needle .

As far as aspirating you should learn that that is a problem for someone who is not experienced with injecting and staying steady. BUT, Aspirating is NOT necessary al all. Do it if you will but you do not need to do this. You aspirating was another thing that aggravated you glute. You didn't need to change the needle either.

I swear I'm gonna write an article on this.

Listen they do not even teach aspiration any more. I've never had a nurse or doctor do it. I have been involved in IV and IM injections for MANY years.

Your veins for the most part are running perpendicular to your injection needle. You will not be able to stay in the vein. You might hit one, go thru it, etc... But you will not be able to get enough drops of AAS oil in there. If so a miniscule amount will do nothing. At worst a slight second of dizziness.

People doing IV and can see the vein and angle to get the needle as close to perpendicular to the vein have a hard time staying in the vein. Hit and go thru it or out the side or move a little and come out of the vein.

There are more common sense reasons but I';; stop. In all my career I have NEVER heard of someone getting sick or passing out or dying from injecting steroid into a vein.

You wanna have less of a problem, do not aspirate. Find your spot stab all the way in and plunge wait a sec or two then pull it out. Simple Simon.

OH crap. PS: only reason to pull out is if you hit something??? and the pain is intolerable, real bad, then pull out and quickly pin again just another spot next to it. I have hit nerves and have NEVER pulled out.

Last edited:
Listen as many noobs do they make pinning a bigger deal then it should be. Your problem as stated was your nerves and shaking and the slowness of the G needle causing much too slow for your steadiness.

I use 23G x 1" for anything and everything. I do use a 25G 5/8" for water base as in Prop or others.

I sometimes use a 22G 1" when I don't have the others. 22G doesn't hurt as some might think when used on V- glute or other. The only reason I draw with a different needle is to keep sharp my pinning needle .

As far as aspirating you should learn that that is a problem for someone who is not experienced with injecting and staying steady. BUT, Aspirating is NOT necessary al all. Do it if you will but you do not need to do this. You aspirating was another thing that aggravated you glute. You didn't need to change the needle either.

I swear I'm gonna write an article on this.

Listen they do not even teach aspiration any more. I've never had a nurse or doctor do it. I have been involved in IV and IM injections for MANY years.

Your veins for the most part are running perpendicular to your injection needle. You will not be able to stay in the vein. You might hit one, go thru it, etc... But you will not be able to get enough drops of AAS oil in there. If so a miniscule amount will do nothing. At worst a slight second of dizziness.

People doing IV and can see the vein and angle to get the needle as close to perpendicular to the vein have a hard time staying in the vein. Hit and go thru it or out the side or move a little and come out of the vein.

There are more common sense reasons but I';; stop. In all my career I have NEVER heard of someone getting sick or passing out or dying from injecting steroid into a vein.

You wanna have less of a problem, do not aspirate. Find your spot stab all the way in and plunge wait a sec or two then pull it out. Simple Simon.

OH crap. PS: only reason to pull out is if you hit something??? and the pain is intolerable, real bad, then pull out and quickly pin again just another spot next to it. I have hit nerves and have NEVER pulled out.

I agree about aspirating, that definitely made the whole thing a lot more complicated. I did read it wasn't necessary but all of the tutorials I see include aspirating. I was also very anal about trying to keep some of the needle exposed which I see mentioned a lot which caused me to keep going in and out. I surprisingly don't have much PIP but the entire experience was a pain in the ass and I'd prefer it went more smoothly, especially if I were to use test prop in the future which calls for daily/EOD pinning.

Hmm I aspirated and didn't get any blood.

That's because you most likely passed right through it. Typically you only get blood if you're sitting right in the vein. Aspirating is unnecessary anyway.

Like others said....could also be a nerve.

That's always been my motto as well

I agree about aspirating, that definitely made the whole thing a lot more complicated. I did read it wasn't necessary but all of the tutorials I see include aspirating. I was also very anal about trying to keep some of the needle exposed which I see mentioned a lot which caused me to keep going in and out. I surprisingly don't have much PIP but the entire experience was a pain in the ass and I'd prefer it went more smoothly, especially if I were to use test prop in the future which calls for daily/EOD pinning.

OP you see how many experienced people here agree with aspirating being unnecessary. Just use some common sense and listen to the dynamics as I described them to you. I never even have looked up how to inject. It is something that just comes so natural for me. Being an ex mainline junkie and the son of a doctor with two nurses for daughters and an oncologist niece as well as doing AAS injections since 80' I ask you to trust us.

Make it easier on yourself and calm down. It is only a little needle. I get injections straight into my joints, ha... now that fuckin hurts but can do no harm. Prop water base ha! load up , stab , push all the way in , wait a sec and pull out. Ha :wavey: Good luck

I've done a glute more then once and had blood spew out like a faucet. Stopped wiped and went on my way. Just hit and went thru the vein and sucked some blood out. Gotta laugh when the floor has blood all over it when the wife walks in. :dance2:

Last edited:
My experience with hitting a nerve was it jolted me. I knew by the sharp electrifying pain it was a nerve. I just continue to plunge and the pulled out. It hurt for a little while and dissipated My PIP has only been from me tearing tissue or a compound like T400 being to concentrated.

I take precautions to be sterile and have never had an infection. As far as infection I can not figure why I would have one unless it was in the gear.

Some PIP just comes with the territory.

My experience with hitting a nerve was it jolted me. I knew by the sharp electrifying pain it was a nerve. I just continue to plunge and the pulled out. It hurt for a little while and dissipated My PIP has only been from me tearing tissue or a compound like T400 being to concentrated.

I take precautions to be sterile and have never had an infection. As far as infection I can not figure why I would have one unless it was in the gear.

Some PIP just comes with the territory.
Hitting a nerve dead on is the most uncomfortable feeling in the world. Couple days ago I was pinning 2.5iu of Eurotropin HGH into my upper pec. Just a tiny 29g 1/2inch slin pin. I tend to insert slowly because I'm afraid of going too fast and puncturing something (like a nerve). So anyway I was totally good and literally I went in an extra mm and ZAP! Sharp electrical pain and my whole pec contracted and literally shot the pin right out. It's like my body purposely expelled the object that was causing it harm.

Back