Plate Loaded -vs- Standard Olympic Bar

Chicago Made

Hey guys,

Just wondering what everyones take was on the plate loaded bench presses versus the standard olympic bar bench. What's the differences?

I've been doing the plate loaded lately due to the fact that I don't have a spotter at the gym and I like the fact that one side can't help the other.

What do you guys think? Does the plate loaded have any disadvantages?

i feel its acceptable to use at the end of a workout but only rarely.

They are really for people that don't know any better because they are easier. Is something that's easy as worth as much as something that's harder to get?

I like them for drop sets occasionally, although I rarely use the flat bench version as you show. I know what I am capable of doing with a barbell, I don't much need a spotter. If you are maxing out then it shouldn't be every week, and it can be a set of 3 reps not just one. Even if you get half way up you can rack it. I don't train every set to failure either, a lot of people don't.

Therefore, a spotter isn't that neccessary, unless you plan on getting injured. I don't plan for injuries. :)

With no spotter, then I say, "ok". But imo my best training comes from free weights, where I utilize my entire body for lifting as in balance and stabilization.

E

i'll do hammer strength sometimes.

but free weights are the best.

Back