pretty disapointed with test E cycle 500mg/week week 9 now...

rikardo82

Just wanted to share my experience seems not everyone is so lucky to experience all the benefits of cycle....
Let's start that I had low test levels from beginning 360-380ng/dl@age 30

so that was number one reason I started to use gear. I didn't care about anything just wanted more endurance in gym and overall better mood sleep libido confidence and all these good things high test levels can give...
(just so you know I tried lot off things past 2 years to get better test levels naturally but all failed and doctors... screw them...
they just tell some BS that it's almost normal levels and did not do anything except wrote some BS supplements arginine etc... )
So what do I get so far:
weight
Weight gains Ok yes there is some weight gain scale yesterday showed 106kg after eating before 95-96 intermittent fasting I eat more of course I don't know how much calories but I eat more than I want. seems I did not gain much water or fat anyway you can see pictures before and after at the end of post.

Strength increase in my opinion sucks and big time!!!
recently i visited that other gym looked around if I want to switch to that gym since there was no squat rack I told gym owner that as issue he asked how much you squat 200kg? Because seems it looks like I could squat that much... hell no. Damn not even close last time I struggled with 95kg 5 sets 8reps each 3 min rest as first exercise.
Before 1.5 years I did easy 100kg 5x5 so it's about same. Maybe little tiny bit better.
Deadlift 1.5 years ago I did sumo DL 195KG as max and few months before that easily conventional dead lifted 150kg 5x5 when test levels were 360-380
Now... on gear fighting 140kg 5x5 WTF...

bench Press ok this is little bit better.
June 2015 when I used DAA+beta alanine carnosin I felt fantastic endurance, all time best was 100kg 5min rest aim 10 sets @8 reps each, total 65 reps.
Now same like above just now did with 105kg
5KG increase??? Cm-on it's just not serious....
I gained + ~8kg mass I really feel chest bigger yes but id does not reflect in strength gains that much...
So strength gains yes are better but not that much as I expect. I did not expect lift 200kilos but +~15kg could be ok. Opinions on this??? Program is about same as before bench press with assistance exercises 2X week
yes there are 4 weeks left on cycle but seems I already stalled because 2 last times with bench press was same result not a 1 rep increase... and I read other place that most strength gains come week 4-8

squat as 1st exercise 1Xweek and 2nd time as 3rd exercise after deadlift and chinups usually 5x5 or 5 sets 8reps
Deadlift similar 1 x week as first exercise and 2nd time after squat. When 1st exercise 5x5 when after squat just 3x3 with squat same when it's 3rd exercise 2nd time then do only 3 sets either 3 reps or sometimes 8 reps.

Now the rest...
Overall mood depression confidence same as before = bad/average
Insomnia = about same bad average...
Libido sex drive same as before... !!! Nothing crazy like others write overall not bad but below average few years ago when was natural definitely was better....
here's pics just before gear #1
and just now from yesterday week 9 on test e 500mg/week
2nd picture not that good seems arms are bigger was 38.5cm now 40 thighs was 59.5 now 61.5cm
seems waist is bigger as well but still see abs.

View attachment 563052View attachment 563053

Last edited:
If you're trying to put muscle/strength on you look too lean too me. When I want to go on a bulking cycle I can't do it if I stay that lean. I have to eat like mad and carry a few extra lbs. Everyone is a little different, but that is what I found with me.

well, for one, people have this notion jumping on gear having huge expectations and seeing little results and at times they fail to see many factors... How was your diet? diet is huge in conjunction with AAS..Have you had any blood work done recently pr at least around 5-6 weeks in?

I ponder were you free test levels are and what your SHBG level was, and if it was to high..

there could be many factors here, aside from the quality of your gear, but thats last to look at when you need to dial things in here..

bloodwork was done week 3 shbg was 15 it's definitely not high I was even worried that it could be too low...
gear seems OK week 3 was 1437ng/dl
E2 last test was week 5 51pg/mL sine that time I switched to adex first 0.25 eod now 0.5 e3d since seemed 0.25 was too low because lost libido.
Diet I try my best eat 4 times big meals and something in between like nuts peanut butter some fruits etc big meals are usually some beef chicken past rice potatoes vegetables. as i told I eat more than I want if I eat that much before gear then I would gain fat and a lot. So mass increase I don't complain I complain that these muscles don't help for strength as much as I wanted...
mu biceps are noticeably bigger yet on chinup bar I can do less reps??? Is it because overall mass is bigger or Im more exhausted after squat deadlfit who know but still muscles are bigger but strength not that much...

Don't use the same gear next time.

Get yourdiet straightened out.
You should know how many calories you take in and the amount of high quality protein you consume. That's important.

I have a suspect your gear was underdosed. Do you do bloods?

bloodwork was done week 3 shbg was 15 it's definitely not high I was even worried that it could be too low...
gear seems OK week 3 was 1437ng/dl
E2 last test was week 5 51pg/mL sine that time I switched to adex first 0.25 eod now 0.5 e3d since seemed 0.25 was too low because lost libido.
Diet I try my best eat 4 times big meals and something in between like nuts peanut butter some fruits etc big meals are usually some beef chicken past rice potatoes vegetables. as i told I eat more than I want if I eat that much before gear then I would gain fat and a lot. So mass increase I don't complain I complain that these muscles don't help for strength as much as I wanted...
mu biceps are noticeably bigger yet on chinup bar I can do less reps??? Is it because overall mass is bigger or Im more exhausted after squat deadlfit who know but still muscles are bigger but strength not that much...
You need to eat son!!!! I'm 6' 190lb and right now "bulking" on 600mg test. I eat 4000cal on gym days, 3000 off. I'll bet your not eating 3000cal any day. It's a lot of fucking effort. I put down 7 meals per day in a 12hr eating window. It's more work than the gym is.

Figure your macros out and start tracking your diet. You can't grow without food. It's simple. If you want a good "skinny guy" diet PM me.

Shit, I'm eating right now!!!

Don't use the same gear next time.

Get yourdiet straightened out.
You should know how many calories you take in and the amount of high quality protein you consume. That's important.

I have a suspect your gear was underdosed. Do you do bloods?

I try to eat healthy prepare food on my own and eat as much as I can. I use protein shakes morning mid day and evening casein protein. I put on ~10kg 22lbs in 8 weeks so it's not that bad ???...

main thing what confuses me that it does not reflect much in strength gains...
and see also rest of my experience other points...

Is gear under dosed ?... not sure but does not seem that bad so... it was exactly 3 weeks after cycle started + 2 previous pins before lab test were more 350mg each instead of 250 to compensate for 1 missing since I traveled. So that put me 1437ng/dl on week 3 I plan to make other test after 1 week together with E2 I'm back on aromasin 10mg/day again want to see if again get skin problems or no.

Its always the diet. are you using whey post work out. Just from your statement I can tell you dont know what to eat and when to eat it.

Last edited:
I try to eat healthy prepare food on my own and eat as much as I can. I use protein shakes morning mid day and evening casein protein. I put on ~10kg 22lbs in 8 weeks so it's not that bad ???...

main thing what confuses me that it does not reflect much in strength gains...
and see also rest of my experience other points...

Is gear under dosed ?... not sure but does not seem that bad so... it was exactly 3 weeks after cycle started + 2 previous pins before lab test were more 350mg each instead of 250 to compensate for 1 missing since I traveled. So that put me 1437ng/dl on week 3 I plan to make other test after 1 week together with E2 I'm back on aromasin 10mg/day again want to see if again get skin problems or no.

If you gained 22 pounds, I don't see how you could not be stronger unless it was 100% fat that you packed on. Perhaps the problem lies with your training routine. Do you lift heavy (i.e. 85-100% of one rep max)?

If you gained 22 pounds, I don't see how you could not be stronger unless it was 100% fat that you packed on. Perhaps the problem lies with your training routine. Do you lift heavy (i.e. 85-100% of one rep max)?

I don't think there is much fat ok more pics taken this morning before pic in OP....
Yes I lift heavy with bench press every time I lift bigger weight and increase rest time and decrease reps last time was 10 sets 8 reps 5 min rest 105kg total 65 reps this summer june routine same just with 100kg also total 64reps so 5kilo increase in bench press... next I will move to 6 reps 10 sets @110kg then 115kg 4reps 10 sets and so on until I will do heavy singles then test 1 rep max.
Then start over again lower weight but more reps like 80kg 10 reps set 10 sets 1.5 min rest.
This summer I set record 1RM 130kg went pretty easy. I would be happy with gear get to 145-150kg 1RM in remaining weeks but really doubt about it...

with deadlift I do almost always 5x5 last time it was 140kg I think now 1 rep max could be ~170kg so it is 82% 1RM
with same exact program before 1.5 years I could lift 195kg sumo and 170 conventional 1RM
then I got injury and did not lifted heavy until this summer this summer from june started to lift again as heavy as I can and at one point i again did 170 1RM after doing 135 5x5. Squat last 2 weeks I changed from 5x5 to 5sets 8reps just wanted change something one day I decided ok previous I did 5x5 this weight now I try for 8 reps and did it.

I'm not saying I'm not stronger but just thought for better progress... but everything is pretty close to what I have done in past...

one thing I think could be that I have some allergy to gear or something I don't know because I still get some discomfort pain after injections on 2nd 3rd day after injection it's way much less as 1st times but still feel some discomfort. Is it normal?

View attachment 563056View attachment 563057View attachment 563058View attachment 563060

Last edited:
I use dymatize elite which is isolate and whey concentrate mix and some carb also like banana 1 or 2. With some honey.

I don't think there is much fat ok more pics taken this morning before pic in OP....
Yes I lift heavy with bench press every time I lift bigger weight and increase rest time and decrease reps last time was 10 sets 8 reps 5 min rest 105kg total 65 reps this summer june routine same just with 100kg also total 64reps so 5kilo increase in bench press... next I will move to 6 reps 10 sets @110kg then 115kg 4reps 10 sets and so on until I will do heavy singles then test 1 rep max.
Then start over again lower weight but more reps like 80kg 10 reps set 10 sets 1.5 min rest.
This summer I set record 1RM 130kg went pretty easy. I would be happy with gear get to 145-150kg 1RM in remaining weeks but really doubt about it...

with deadlift I do almost always 5x5 last time it was 140kg I think now 1 rep max could be ~170kg so it is 82% 1RM
with same exact program before 1.5 years I could lift 195kg sumo and 170 conventional 1RM
then I got injury and did not lifted heavy until this summer this summer from june started to lift again as heavy as I can and at one point i again did 170 1RM after doing 135 5x5. Squat last 2 weeks I changed from 5x5 to 5sets 8reps just wanted change something one day I decided ok previous I did 5x5 this weight now I try for 8 reps and did it.

I'm not saying I'm not stronger but just thought for better progress... but everything is pretty close to what I have done in past...

one thing I think could be that I have some allergy to gear or something I don't know because I still get some discomfort pain after injections on 2nd 3rd day after injection it's way much less as 1st times but still feel some discomfort. Is it normal?

View attachment 563056View attachment 563057View attachment 563058View attachment 563060

So if I am following this correctly, your bench press example has you doing 10 sets of 8 reps each. Then you increase the weight and continuing benching for 10 sets of 6 reps each. If I read that right, that is not a structure for acquiring more strength. You would need to up the weight to where you can only do 1-3 reps and crank out several sets.

From one "skinny" guy to another I don't think you're eating enough (you can see that in your BF). You aren't getting much stronger, a sure sign of over training-under eating. I run into it all the time. Speaking of over training. Unless your intensity level is on the low side you're using too much volume. Work out with more intensity and drop your reps/sets.

Frankly if you're anything like me, and it looks like you are. If you're not eating so much food that you are on the border of being repulsed by it, you're not eating enough. By far the hardest thing about bulking for me is the eating. That's why I only do it for 3-4mo out of the year. I just can't eat that much food all the time.

So if I am following this correctly, your bench press example has you doing 10 sets of 8 reps each. Then you increase the weight and continuing benching for 10 sets of 6 reps each. If I read that right, that is not a structure for acquiring more strength. You would need to up the weight to where you can only do 1-3 reps and crank out several sets.

I will do that later it will be 6 reps then 4 then 3 2 1 per set, I don't wanna jump straight away to heavy weights I want that joints adjust slowly and also higher reps build more muscle and strength part is like finishing cycle.

I will do that later it will be 6 reps then 4 then 3 2 1 per set, I don't wanna jump straight away to heavy weights I want that joints adjust slowly and also higher reps build more muscle and strength part is like finishing cycle.

You still need to do your warm up sets of course. I am just talking about when you get to the actual real lifting.

So do your warm ups and then when you are ready start working at about 90% of one rep max if you want to increase strength. I am overly simplifying so do some reading up on strength training routines.

Remember as reps go down the weight needs to go up.

You still need to do your warm up sets of course. I am just talking about when you get to the actual real lifting.

So do your warm ups and then when you are ready start working at about 90% of one rep max if you want to increase strength. I am overly simplifying so do some reading up on strength training routines.

Remember as reps go down the weight needs to go up.

yes I know about warmup but still if jump now to say 120kg for 10 sets it's too much even when I increase weight by 5kg I feel some discomfort in elbows next session it's gone then again increase weight. This routine I'm repeating was successful for me previously when I went from 110KG 1RM to 120KG 1 RM and this summer I went from 120 1RM to 130 1 RM
first part is build base muscle mass and finishing up with strength part.
If someone say 10 sets is too much then I can say that lower sets for me never brought any good results, second 1.5 years ago I was training in powerlifters gym where all guys who benched 200-270kg max trained at least 50min for 1 exercise 3-5 reps rest ~5 min for squat also 10 sets which many will think is over kill but for them it worked. I also consider for squats now 10 set routine because now my squat is lower as bench press which is ridiculous...

Back