Pro bodybuilders - Genetic Freaks or not ?

Lucky13

Cycle, test, HGH
Are pro bodybuilders who use sterioids genetic freaks with a great ability to grow muscle or is there genetic advantage just the ability to deal with the sides of high dose long term use ?

yes i would say that they have the right genetics and if you have ever workedout with a guy that has got the right genetics you´ll know what im talking about.
They responde much better to training ,drugs well every form of stimulation and the risk of overtraining is much less for them so they dont need mega-doses to many people believe those myths that pros use 4-5g of deca per week with 6-7g of test.

This is what pro dave polumbo has to say about this subject when a guy asked him :

Subject: How many steroids do pros really take?

Dear Dave,

I couldn't believe it when I stumbled onto your column on this "meso" site. It is about time someone did this. I am sick of hearing all the shit about gear that people say. I think it would be cool if you said some of the actual doses you know of GOOD pros taking. People say 6000mg a week, but I have a hard time believing that crap. Wouldn't they get sick? I am a competitive heavyweight in Canada and I see all these guys way smaller than me taking huge doses because "this pro takes this much" They are actually basing their drug intake on bullshit rumours. Do you know of any other sites that have RELIABLE information on them?

What about using insulin? I have friends who use 30+iu a day. I think that is just silly. What about insulin dose while dieting? I have friends who get totally shredded using insulin, but it seems contradictory to me. What are your general thoughts on insulin and the elite bodybuilders?

Thanks for the compliments. And yes, the so-called experts are full of shit! There is noone that I know who uses more than 2000mg of test per week. Anyone who does ues more is an idiot. 1000-1200mg of test per week is the ideal dosage (any more is a waste). As far as insulin dosages are concerned, 10IU once or twice per day is the most that should be used (you are supplementing, not replacing insulin production). You are correct, not everyone needs insulin. People who grow easily and have a hard time dieting probably oversecrete insulin; therefore, they should steer clear of it. If you are a hardgainer (and get ripped easily) you may benefit from using insulin (these are the "friends" that you speak of).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And i was reading in an old ironman mag about a guy who works with pro athleats and bb:ers and helps them to cycle his a "personal consultant"according to him but basicly he means that he helps them to cycle and he also said that "when you work with those people that have the right genetics then you see how much it means and how good they respond to even low doses of gear"

Both: great genetics to build muscle in general and great genetics in the superior way they respond to aas. I'm sure there are many pros who kept their dosages reasonable until they earned their pro card but trust me, in order to really take it to the "next level" as a pro, they jack up the dosages. The ones that don't become "also rans."

Just look at them dont worry about what theyve done. If i see a dude thats jacked like those prop BB'ers, the first thing that comes to mind, is they are genetic freaks.

Being a pro means having the best genetics in EVERY aspect. Otherwise, you are no match for those that do.

I know of a guy who is a local pro(top level competitor in my country) in my area of the world. The most he ran is 1250mg test a week without ancillaries.

I can swear that this good buddy of mine has extremely weird genetics possessing 18 inch guns at 180 pounds, ripped to shreds. When he is off cycle, he holds on his gains like no other. For me, i lose a lot of muscle when off cycle.Not to mention, his triceps are huge horseshoes dangling with straitions unflexed. His quads are very separated.

Well, i can say i know what he uses because i'm his sole supplier.

So well, so much for genetics. I believe those pro's have a genetic edge.

michael88 said:
I can swear that this good buddy of mine has extremely weird genetics possessing 18 inch guns at 180 pounds, ripped to shreds.

LOL 180lbs doesn't count as a pro unless he's 4ft tall. Pro's are 270-300lbs lean.

Put it this way, if your job was to be as big and ripped as possible, and you had the chance to make very large amounts of money (top pros), how much would you up your dose of test E @ 500mg/wk?

outlawtas2 said:
LOL 180lbs doesn't count as a pro unless he's 4ft tall. Pro's are 270-300lbs lean.

Put it this way, if your job was to be as big and ripped as possible, and you had the chance to make very large amounts of money (top pros), how much would you up your dose of test E @ 500mg/wk?

prolly not at 180, but keep in mind, the scale is just a number, the mirror is what really counts. Ive seen guys that looked more jacked at 200 then other guys with the same height that are 230

YOu guys are nuts. Pros use alot, ALOT and they may be genetic freaks but have you seen some prior to becoming what they are. Crhist even lookat arnold pre BB days. WTF? These guys puch the extremes in every aspect. The pro chick run more than what you guys are fooling yourselves about.

Oh yeah and the whole comming off thing and PCT...LOL...that doesn't happen either.

All the steroids in the world won't get you as big, muscular and conditioned as a top pro or top national level amateur unless you have good to great genetics, IMO. It takes a combination of good bone and muscle structure, the right kind and number of muscle cells and muscle fibers, and some important metabolic factors like high insulin receptivity and igf-1 receptivity.

I see guys who get huge, ripped and muscular on minimal juice, training with surprisingly light weights. I see other guys who juice, train and eat like maniacs, and they just get big and blocky.

Dorian Yates is an example of someone with decent genes for mass building, but not a particularly aesthetic body shape. He overcame this and rose to the top with really smart training and nutrition and lot of hard work. He's not a "genetic freak" like Kevin Levrone or Flex Wheeler, but you couldn't really say his genetics were "poor" or even "average."

Athletes at the top of their sport, whether it's Barry Bonds or Ronnie Coleman or Terrell Owens, have genetic advantages that are at least as great a factor in their achievement as any drugs they might take. So sez me.

LOL, in my part of the world, the bodybuilders don't go above a hundred kilograms. It's something that the smaller asian build does not allow.

Rob Scott said:
Dorian Yates is an example of someone with decent genes for mass building, but not a particularly aesthetic body shape. He overcame this and rose to the top with really smart training and nutrition and lot of hard work. He's not a "genetic freak" like Kevin Levrone or Flex Wheeler, but you couldn't really say his genetics were "poor" or even "average."
True, but his response to Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) was VERY dramatic...you couple that with the awesome work ethic and dedication he had and you have a Mr.O.

Also, as an aside I like to add that the only reason to compare yourself personally to a pro is if you want to be one yourself, otherwise, don't worry about what the pros are doing...just try to make improvements within your own body, that will be just as rewarding.

I believe there are some pro's that are exceptionally gifted with their genetics and then there are other's that have good genetics that rely moreso on drugs. There's lots of different types of quality in pro's physiques that you see today.

I agree with rob about some guys gaining mass easier tyhan others and also about how the muscle looks on you but even some of that is changing due to the overwhelming amounts of GH these guys are running.

how many guys on the boards have GH guts?
how many pros have GH guts?

I'd suspect the pros are using mega amounts of drugs

I agree...haven't we all learned about genetic potential? I know these guys are gifted, but they don't have the natural potential to maintain 300lbs of muscle @ 5'9'' and I highly doubt that they even come down because if they dropped down to even 500mg test/week I forsee significant muscle loss.

roccodart440 said:
YOu guys are nuts. Pros use alot, ALOT and they may be genetic freaks but have you seen some prior to becoming what they are. Crhist even lookat arnold pre BB days. WTF? These guys puch the extremes in every aspect. The pro chick run more than what you guys are fooling yourselves about.

Oh yeah and the whole comming off thing and PCT...LOL...that doesn't happen either.

agree

Back