PSL Bulk with 3J, getting big for classic physique

Had a pretty solid weekend. Hit a PR on incline bench 315x5. Pretty happy with that. Pretty solid arm workout yesterday as well, was actually able to get my biceps sore which is a rarity. Looking forward to having the evening off, probably take a solid nap. Then back to work tomorrow.

Great chest and back workout last night. Heavy incline destroys my chest, got 315 for 5 again. Wanted to go for more today but my partner wasn't with me so I just had some random gym bro for a spot, which isn't comforting with that much weight over your head. Did a plate loaded lat pulldown machine, not exactly sure what its called, but had someone help me do some forced negative on the last four reps which was also brutal. It felt like my lats were going to rip off my back. Did some flies, cable rows, and a super set of dips with machine pull overs. I'm feeling this one today, though.

Leg workout last night. Added some weight and reps to squats, I'll keep doing that week by week (that's the plan anyways). Lower back pump was bad last night on the way home. Driving a manual transmission isn't doing me any favors there. I tried sticking to a lower rep range (5) to see if that'd help, but it hasn't. Happy with the jump in weight AND reps last night though.

Eating all this food is beginning to take it's toll. 5300 calories is a lot of food when it's all clean. Had trouble finishing a meal yesterday, but I stuck it out haha

Hit 335 x 7 on bench this weekend. It's crazy my strength is still growing!

Weight essentially stayed the same this last week, but my chest/back, neck, and legs got bigger. Looks like bumping the tren and npp is causing me to recomp a bit.

My arm growth has slowed dramatically and I'm trying to figure that out. I hurt my left wrist pretty badly in college and it's keeping me from going very hard with curls. It's slowly gotten worse throughout the cycle. Trying to work around it but it's not working well.

Shoulder workout last night... hit 205 x7 in standing OHP. Added some extra rear delt work as they are lagging a bit compared to anterior and lateral heads. Felt pretty good overall.

so your wanting to go from a 165 to 185 lb STAGE weight ,, so being as dry and maintaing the same body fat you were at 165?
how long and how many cycles do you think it will take you to get there and put on that 20 pounds of pure muscle mass ? are you going to PCT at all or just blast and cruise until you get to your goal?

so your wanting to go from a 165 to 185 lb STAGE weight ,, so being as dry and maintaing the same body fat you were at 165?
how long and how many cycles do you think it will take you to get there and put on that 20 pounds of pure muscle mass ? are you going to PCT at all or just blast and cruise until you get to your goal?

That's correct. I don't know exactly how many cycles it'll take, but seeing as I'm up 60 lbs... I imagine keeping 20 lbs of that is in the realm of possibility. I have no plans on PCT, I'll blast and cruise until I achieve my BB goals. After I decide it's no longer for me, I'll start TRT. In my opinion choosing between a difficult and possibly failed PCT and one or two pins a week to achieve optimal hormone levels is a no brainer for me.

SO sorry macedog but you've only been on board since Jan, 85 posts and IMOP you haven't been reading all the posts with all the reps for certain products and dieticians. I have no problem with these sources but do agree with what is being said.

Wake up and don't be so soft skinned with what is staring you in the eye. Both sources don't need some yahoo jumping in for them. the one's that jump at a hint of siding when it's not even their prob or discussion are usually in the same boat as the guilty.

Sorry man lets leave it alone.

I'd appreciate it if you guys could keep this bickering out of the thread :)

That's correct. I don't know exactly how many cycles it'll take, but seeing as I'm up 60 lbs... I imagine keeping 20 lbs of that is in the realm of possibility. I have no plans on PCT, I'll blast and cruise until I achieve my BB goals. After I decide it's no longer for me, I'll start TRT. In my opinion choosing between a difficult and possibly failed PCT and one or two pins a week to achieve optimal hormone levels is a no brainer for me.

well you look to be making good progress, , for a lot of guys 20 lbs of pure muscle mass gain for stage weight is a pretty lofty goal, so your genetics are good and you respond well to gear .. a physique guy could spend a year or two just trying to add 6 pounds to his stage weight , and even that 6 pounds would be a dramatic looking change . 20 pounds is going to be a dramatic transformation,, keep on it!

well you look to be making good progress, , for a lot of guys 20 lbs of pure muscle mass gain for stage weight is a pretty lofty goal, so your genetics are good and you respond well to gear .. a physique guy could spend a year or two just trying to add 6 pounds to his stage weight , and even that 6 pounds would be a dramatic looking change . 20 pounds is going to be a dramatic transformation,, keep on it!

Thanks brother. And yes I do respond well to gear. Basically each time I bump my calories or dosages my weight jumps 3-5 lbs. It's pretty wet at first but after a week or two it's more solid. My chest has gone from 42" to 51.5"... basically none of my clothes fit anymore.

I don't have any more current pics than the ones I previously posted, I don't really take many.

Did chest/back last night. 315x7 on incline, felt great. Did some moderate weight barbell rows for the first time in a while, also. I didn't go heavy because I wanted to stay bent over more and really isolate the lats. Overall it was a pretty good workout, great pump (it always is on this workout).

Long weekend kept me away from updates. Added more weight and volume to squats again on Thursday. Legs noticeably bigger, but back pumps are almost unbearable. The drive home is almost impossible.

Switched gyms to one closer to where I'm living on Saturday. I like it a lot better. Lots of oldschool equipment, iron plates, etc. Good environment.

Weight dropped a pound this last week though, so I'm going to be bumping calories again.

Long weekend kept me away from updates. Added more weight and volume to squats again on Thursday. Legs noticeably bigger, but back pumps are almost unbearable. The drive home is almost impossible.

Switched gyms to one closer to where I'm living on Saturday. I like it a lot better. Lots of oldschool equipment, iron plates, etc. Good environment.

Weight dropped a pound this last week though, so I'm going to be bumping calories again.

try supplementing daily with Taurine, it will help the painful pumps .. 500-1000mg

try supplementing daily with Taurine, it will help the painful pumps .. 500-1000mg

Funny thing is, I have a huge bottle. I just always forget until the pump is so bad I can barely stand up straight haha I'll definitely make sure I throw that in this week.

Did an arm workout last night, did four extra exercises (two bicep, two tricep) to see if I could spur some growth. I made it a point to do DB curls just to see if I could figure out a way to do them and make my wrist not hurt. After I did a couple sets it wasn't so bad actually. Last night and this morning I noticed its clicking and popping a lot, but it's not really painful. So we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

Chest / back last night. Pretty good workout overall. After upping cals (carbs) Monday I'm definitely noticing better pumps and that I'm staying fuller. I met some strong man competitors last night, had a chat with them and played around with some of their equipment. They asked me to train with them sometime so I may take them up on it just for a change of pace.

Hey guys, sorry for the unexpected leave of absence. I started a new job and while it's going well, I haven't had nearly as much time to spend on the computer.

Things are still going well - hovering around 225lbs. I'm thinking I might try and maintain this weight for a month or so then start the cut for summer/competitions.

Workouts were shit last week because of the new job, I'm on my feet a lot more and it wore me out to be honest. Saturday, had a scare on benchpress... was on a warmup set of 275lbs and felt a stretch/sharp pain in my right pec. Stopped immediately and just did some light chest isolation to get some blood in there. It's a little sore, but there's no bruising or anything like that so I'm sure it's fine. Just needs some rest, which it'll get today and tomorrow.

Back