Psychological effects

jimdawg

Testalicious
There are so many threads to do with gear and dosages, but not too many to do with the psychological effects of coming off.

Is it just me or do the rest of you suffer with some sort of mind fuck when coming off? I don't get depressed, but my mind tends to run a lot.

Wasn't so bad in the past for me but after my last cycle it was harder than before... Depression, obvious strength loss, libido loss, appetite loss, extreme fatigue, weight loss, all the above.... I ran for 20weeks and longest before this was 12. Coming off sometimes isn't terrible, but sometimes it's torture.

Seems like either nobody really has these problems, don't like to admit it, or just lie about it. I have no shame in this dept and think it would be better for the whole community if more spoke openly about the down sides to AAS

I always had some mental and physical drawbacks..this is the first time I came off right into testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) so I m praying to keep more gains, have less depression, libido continuing as it is on, etc.
And I agree w/Mass. The psychological , both positive and negative need to be discuussed more, ESPECIALLY with the young ungs as they are more prone to wild behavior anyway.

Wasn't so bad in the past for me but after my last cycle it was harder than before... Depression, obvious strength loss, libido loss, appetite loss, extreme fatigue, weight loss, all the above.... I ran for 20weeks and longest before this was 12. Coming off sometimes isn't terrible, but sometimes it's torture.

Seems like either nobody really has these problems, don't like to admit it, or just lie about it. I have no shame in this dept and think it would be better for the whole community if more spoke openly about the down sides to AAS

I always feel like shit mentally when I come off..Now I am gonna start cruising for the mental aspect

has anyone noticed that running Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) during cycle has helped ease the psychological effects when coming off? from what i understand Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) use helps speed up and make recovery easier, so im thinking it would lessen the negative psychological effects when coming off. is this true?

i dont think it would lessen the effect-just the effects wont last as long.

it took me a good month or month and half after post cycle therapy (pct) to feel right again. I dont know if it was depression i felt-or that i was flying sooo high when i was on-it was like i was superman-and then went back to normal.

Reality is ok. It just sucks after feeling like god for 12-20 weeks

btw newbie did u extend the cycle & start that npp??

yea i started that NPP like 9days ago -tomorrow is 5th inject-to be honest my joints still hurt-im running 100mg EOD-and wondering if its going to get better-or if i will have to bump to 150 mg EOD

i suppose i should comment on this thread...ive dabbled a bit in psychology :)

just reading everyone's responses that do feel a psychological drag when they get off really sums it all up. the real issue isn't the post cycle depression, its the during cycle euphoria. being on, you obviously feel a bit different. this feeling stems from an abundance of testosterone and pride, that few are willing to admit. being in a society that places such emphasis on appearance, strength, and masculinity... we are at the ultimate top of the food chain while on, at least thats what we tell ourselves. when we are on, we walk into a bar with our girl, a dude looks at her, we feel like we can kill anything and we are convinced of such a notion. why? because our shirts are a little tighter and we can do a few more reps at the gym? our fighting skills don't increase, and that dude may have a gun. but we construct this notion in our head bc for us, that is the best we have ever been, which makes us falsely "invincible"

its just like being elected into a high position (...mod? scarz?). people change, the power goes to their heads. thats what we are doing while on. the problem is, it's not real. we don't have any power or any more money, and we are certainly not "gods". we are a bit more physically able and are that much closer to society's standard of an 'attractive man'. it is a false sense of confidence that we depend on. once we come off, we lose that impression of confidence. we may be pretty close to the same abilities and size, but now we have no legitimate excuse to set ourselves apart. that realization of reality is what is so depressing. when really not much has changed, we just build up 'being on' so much.

we have all seen pics of dudes coming on here, weighing 145lbs while on their first cycle and they think they are the fucking shit, because they have gained 15lbs from their measly natural 130lbs. when we look at them, we don't see anything to brag about. but that is a perfect scenario of the discrepancies of self impression and reality. I used to suffer from post cycle depression for all the same reasons you guys have mentioned. now that I am used to it, it doesn't bother me a fucking bit. Also, when I am on, I don't allow myself to feel like a god, bc truthfully, Im not and no one here is.

if you extinguish the magnitude of euphoria while on, you extinguish the depression when off.

damn dtone, dont be such a downer. im waiting for my test to kick in so i can feel like a god and here you are raining on my parade. wtf brah? lol

sorry dude, psychology and human behavior is my forte...being a genius with steroids is just what i do on the weekends.

Not gonna make this a long post, but think about the neurophysiology goin on here. While on certain AAS, serotonin, dopamine, NE, and epinephrine and running like crazy over synaptic clefts attaching to their receptors..well, when you come off, your brain has to establish homeostasis somehow, so these transmissions will ultimately decrease leading to feelings of depression, confusion, and a lack of motivation. There are other factors involved, but this is certainly a contributing factor in the varying psychological effects people encounter when going off AAS.

id rather you tell me that how much of a badass i'll be while on test and how every woman will want to fuck me because im an alpha male. you know..that type of stuff.

Not gonna make this a long post, but think about the neurophysiology goin on here. While on certain AAS, serotonin, dopamine, NE, and epinephrine and running like crazy over synaptic clefts attaching to their receptors..well, when you come off, your brain has to establish homeostasis somehow, so these transmissions will ultimately decrease leading to feelings of depression, confusion, and a lack of motivation. There are other factors involved, but this is certainly a contributing factor in the varying psychological effects people encounter when going off AAS.

well suck me sideways, we've got a smart kid on our hands! this is overwhelmingly true. the abundance and spontaneous levels of hormones certainly effect neurotransmission and reuptake. while on, neurophysiological activity sky rockets, not only upon euphoric neurotransmitters, but depressive NT's as well. when we come off, we maintain a neurological need for euphoric NT abundance/activity/reuptake without the proper means to accommodate. much like a smoker quitting, suppressing natural nicotine levels then abruptly stopping synthetic intake of nicotine, leaving their brains with an absolute lack of nicotine, natural or synthetic.

We create a dependency of sorts upon this neurotransmitter activity and then withdraw the means of satisfying the need we have created through hindering natural suppression. You combine this neurological withdrawal with the aforementioned social/behavioral tendencies...you've got a powerful recipe for depression.

Personally, I am a firm believer in behavior and perception as an influence on neurological activity. We displace our views/expectancy/dependency of euphoria, we induce a neurological response. Meaning, as I mentioned, I have conditioned myself to not reach such a euphoria while on, minimizing a spike neurotransmitter activity, minimizing the withdrawal of NT activity when coming off...all perceptually and behaviorally. it is an entire package that one must be aware of to decrease or avoid post cycle depression. and it takes a certain level of neurological, psychological, behavioral, and perceptual understanding to refrain from undergoing such depression.

fantastic input tommy, reps.

Back