question about filtering and mixing vials together

NAILBOMB
I want to filter a few vials of gear.

I have never done anything with the chemistry side of gear.

I have some te250 that has an unacceptable amount of PIP.
I've learned about baking the solvents off in the oven.
I baked one vial and it reduced the PIP by about 50%.

I want to filter the stuff before bake and some after bake to see if that helps even more.

here are the questions

are the .2 whatman gd/x pvdf syringe filter the one to use?

filtering an unknown oil as well as EO and possibly guiacol. the unknown is whatever is in the te.

the filter looks like it has a luer lock on one side but a smooth nipple on the outlet.

is a slip fit needle used on the outlet or do I have to put the filtered oil into an uncapped vial, then cap and crimp?

crimpers are not cheap and I'd rather buy a sterile capped vial if I can.

can I filter a tne/dbol blend without filtering out the dbol(or drol) don't want to lose the good part to the filter

thanks

I want to filter a few vials of gear.

I have never done anything with the chemistry side of gear.

I have some te250 that has an unacceptable amount of PIP.
I've learned about baking the solvents off in the oven.
I baked one vial and it reduced the PIP by about 50%.

I want to filter the stuff before bake and some after bake to see if that helps even more.

here are the questions

are the .2 whatman gd/x pvdf syringe filter the one to use?

Yes. I've used Millipore PVDF quite successfully.

filtering an unknown oil as well as EO and possibly guiacol. the unknown is whatever is in the te.

I doubt the testosterone enanthate would have guicaol in it. I couldn't see the point of doing that.

the filter looks like it has a luer lock on one side but a smooth nipple on the outlet.

is a slip fit needle used on the outlet or do I have to put the filtered oil into an uncapped vial, then cap and crimp?

crimpers are not cheap and I'd rather buy a sterile capped vial if I can.

Put the filter on the end of the plunger and attach a 18 gauge needle to the other end of the filter. You can just use a sterile vial. This would be a lot easier and cheaper. If you want to cap your own vials you'll need a crimper, vials, rubber stoppers, caps the list goes on and it gets expensive. Then you've got to worry about sterility with the vials and the method you use and room you brew in.

can I filter a tne/dbol blend without filtering out the dbol(or drol) don't want to lose the good part to the filter

thanks

You can't separate the compounds once they've been blended. So you've got nothing to worry about here.

Hope this helps.

yes thats helpful thanks.

so on the outlet of the filter I can just press fit a luer lock (that's what I have on hand) or do I need a slip fit pin?

I just ordered a single filter for 5 bucks so I can see exactly what I'm getting into.

the pip with te is brutal so I'm going to mix it with cyp 200 that is pian free and another with gso. that is why I need to filter it. plan to draw the te and other oil into one syringe and filtering it into the new vial.

I've bought gso that has been taken out of a usp bulk container and put into a smaller vial. I doubt it was handled perfectly clean.

yes thats helpful thanks.

so on the outlet of the filter I can just press fit a luer lock (that's what I have on hand) or do I need a slip fit pin?

I just ordered a single filter for 5 bucks so I can see exactly what I'm getting into.

the pip with te is brutal so I'm going to mix it with cyp 200 that is pian free and another with gso. that is why I need to filter it. plan to draw the te and other oil into one syringe and filtering it into the new vial.

I've bought gso that has been taken out of a usp bulk container and put into a smaller vial. I doubt it was handled perfectly clean.

I luer lock will fit no problem. They just have the external thread to help hold the needle on. Really you could use either. That GSO will be fine :)

Back