Question about steroid induced acne, need help

mr_ectomorph

I am banned!
Hello guys, I have always had some problems with acne, even prior to AAS use. I have many cycles under my belt, however I have something that has always remained as an unanswered question mark for me; my severe acne cause.

On my last cycle, I ran 3 compounds:
1.4g test c
700mg npp
600mg eq (boldenone)
Had a good AI and PA on hand, my e lvls were in range.
I broke out very quickly, severe cystic nodular acne. It was something I was not really expecting to happen. On my previous cycle, I had ran 1g tren ace, 500mg test, 350mg mast, and 20mg superdrol. I didn't break out much at all.

However, once I upped my test dose, I was breaking out badly. Of course, high levels of androgens causes oil glands to over produce oil which is the main cause to acne. The thing is i was using 500mg/ml test and eq with a special eo (ethyl oleate) oil to reduce pip. On my first few shots, I was burning up at night, heart palpitations and dizziness faintness feeling chest tightness. All those eventually kind of faded away. Eventually I had to cut my cycle because acne got out of control. Now, 1month into cruise, I am using the same 500mg/ml oil and i am still getting my pip and huge red lump on my glute including some bad breakouts. I am 1month into accutane and still no sign of improvements. Do you think the breakouts are caused by an allergic reaction?

Note when I used my 500mg test e it was 250mg/ml concentration and i never experienced any sides on it including tren (except for nightsweats of course)

The only side effect i experiencing on my cruising using my 500mg/ml test is just more and more and more breakouts. I am currently on 250mg once a week, using 1.25mg letro eod and on 40mg accutane ed split into 2doses am and pm

Another one of these?

1 month is not nearly enough time to expect accutane to have done anything. It's a long term treatment, expect it to take 6months - a year to be fully clear. What dosage are you running? God for your sake I hope a dermatologist is monitoring you..

Cruising on 500mg test??

No, I don't think your breakouts are allergic. I think they are entirely to do with your idiotic steroid abuse. My advice to you is drop to an ACTUAL cruise dose of 200-250mg, leave your accutane dose where it is don't be stupid with it and wait for the magic to happen. Don't be so impatient. That's whats got you in this mess in the first place, start learning from your mistakes bro.

Last edited:
What kind of AI are you running and how much? Having it on hand and actually using it will make a big difference especially running test that high. I can always gauge if my e2 is getting high by when I start to break out. I will bet your e2 is high.you can also try some zinc 50 mg in the morning and 50 mg before bed. It seems to clear me up pretty good.

Many cycles under your belt? Another bullshit thread by the infamous one...

Btw, how many threads are u going to start about this?

...and then there is alway s the often overlooked caveat that 1400 test, 600 of this and 700 of that...is a shit done of exogenous fuckin OIL you are putting into your body to process not to mention the conversion.

500 for a cruise eh ?
I ll not rip you but do you have any idea of the potential risk your putting your body through. I just lost 30 pounds to prostate removal bro.

AAS induced ? No direct link; however I have no reason to not believe that help to lower my chances of not getting it.

I really wish you well..I see dark clouds gathering in your future if you do no t wise up son.

...and then there is alway s the often overlooked caveat that 1400 test, 600 of this and 700 of that...is a shit done of exogenous fuckin OIL you are putting into your body to process not to mention the conversion.

500 for a cruise eh ?
I ll not rip you but do you have any idea of the potential risk your putting your body through. I just lost 30 pounds to prostate removal bro.

AAS induced ? No direct link; however I have no reason to not believe that help to lower my chances of not getting it.

I really wish you well..I see dark clouds gathering in your future if you do no t wise up son.

sorry to hear that Teutonic. Was it cancer? Are they talking about androgen-deprivation therapy?

Am working towards a competition and have been having similar problem (but on my back), have had some success clearing it up. Like Vicious said i would introduce zinc (picolinate) to your supps, dosages as he recommended. try adding 0.5mg arimidex EOD seemed to help, best would be get bloods done to see where you stand with your E. Additionally tanning once a week (just for a few minutes, for the purpose of exposing the skin to UV, not for the sake of getting brown) seemed to also help. Last but not least good old soap and a scrub brush daily in the shower definitely helped. Consider using over the counter acne products. Last resort go to a dermatologist. Not sure what anyone can tell you additionally other than lower your dosages.

Last edited:
Another one of these?

1 month is not nearly enough time to expect accutane to have done anything. It's a long term treatment, expect it to take 6months - a year to be fully clear. What dosage are you running? God for your sake I hope a dermatologist is monitoring you..

Cruising on 500mg test??

No, I don't think your breakouts are allergic. I think they are entirely to do with your idiotic steroid abuse. My advice to you is drop to an ACTUAL cruise dose of 200-250mg, leave your accutane dose where it is don't be stupid with it and wait for the magic to happen. Don't be so impatient. That's whats got you in this mess in the first place, start learning from your mistakes bro.

I specifically mentioned that I am on a 250mg cruise... and yes of course it is steroid abuse, we all abuse steroids, I am a bodybuilder and I want to compete soon, so doses like these during competition are common. However, the way I broke out, and me still breaking out 35days into my cruise is very uncommon at such low testosterone doses. I am using my topical creams, otc acne body wash, and using my accutane. Havn't been able to hit the gym due to the severity of my case, it really looked like an intense allergic reaction. I didn't get hives though

duplicate post

Scrubbing my skin will only irritate it, and also I have acne wounds on my skin which prevents me from even touching my skin. And isn't 100mg zinc ed considered high? I know Austinite suggested a max dosage of 40-50mg daily. I will combine it with my accutane at 50mg and see how it goes,

I specifically mentioned that I am on a 250mg cruise... and yes of course it is steroid abuse, we all abuse steroids, I am a bodybuilder and I want to compete soon, so doses like these during competition are common. However, the way I broke out, and me still breaking out 35days into my cruise is very uncommon at such low testosterone doses. I am using my topical creams, otc acne body wash, and using my accutane. Havn't been able to hit the gym due to the severity of my case, it really looked like an intense allergic reaction. I didn't get hives though

I can sympathize with you here. I believe the origin of the acne is more complicated than just high testosterone.

For instance, after finishing a recent Test/Tren cycle, I discontinued all testosterone and dropped my Test down to natural levels, to get TRT from a new clinic. I had noticeable acne/ingrown hairs on my face and neckline. I was worried about gyno, since I wasn't doing PCT, so I used a little arimidex EOD (about 15-20mg). The acne got worse and worse. When I got my test results back, my test was only 255, and E2 was below 15. So my test was low and my estrogen was crashed, and I was having the worst acne ever. Weird.

Honestly, I suspect that there is something about Arimidex itself that causes the acne. During the first ten weeks of that cycle I used exemestane and had zero acne.

im getting the research Accutane bottle from research stop, should arrive tomorrow in the mail, my local ups niggaz are being slow, iv benn watchin it stuck at the same spot for 2 days like 2 miles from my house :/

ill let you know if the shit is bunk or not, I should be able to tell right away due to the dried skin, that shit is super toxic though for your liver...

so like id just stay on your cruise (do no orals when on Accutane or you gonna need a liver transplant lol) and do the Accutane for like 4-5 months.

let shit get cleared up before you start blasting again.

IN THE MEANTIME

my suggestion to you is

tanning everyday for the maximum allowed time at your local tanning booth,
2-3 gallons of water everday...

That will clear you the fuck up.

Last edited:
I had issues with Acne when my levels swing. I see you said you are pinning once a week to cruise at 250. Maybe break it up into two injections. I did this when cruising at a 250 level and that cleared up the deep acne on my back. Your mileage may vary

I think it's the test itself causing acne. FYI, I'm on trt(150mg test/wk), and my estradiol is at 21on the sensitive test. I still get cystic acne on my trt dose. I've always been prone to acne, so
I just think test exacerbates my condition.

Back