Question for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) sponsors

jjrapstar

Question for HRT sponsors

I remember several years ago (2004) a company in Deerfield, Fl (PowerMedica) was raided by the DEA and local Police.

What did they do that got them shut down? What do the current companies do differently? If it's all the same, why is it legal now but illegal back then.

I have been with my company for over a year and I am curious as to what is done differently. If I ever choose to switch clinics, which may happen shortly, I want to ensure everything is legal.

I remember several years ago (2004) a company in Deerfield, Fl (PowerMedica) was raided by the DEA and local Police.

What did they do that got them shut down? What do the current companies do differently? If it's all the same, why is it legal now but illegal back then.

I have been with my company for over a year and I am curious as to what is done differently. If I ever choose to switch clinics, which may happen shortly, I want to ensure everything is legal.

First of all that avatar is hilarious. Aside from that, I too have questions and concerns about the quality of the products being sold. It seems that the clinic you are mentioning might have been doing something illegal, in which we (registered users, moderators and vendors) would know nothing of unless there is a news article about the raid. It could be many reasons; maybe they were passing off fake substances as tesosterone.

It reminds me of a investigation I heard about. I am a car-enthusiast and professional detailer. Apparently on a forum, there was a vendor selling this premium super-expensive carnuaba wax but it was found that it was repackaged cheap wax.

I think the only way to assure yourself you are purchasing from a reputable vendor is through feedback from clients.

Why would the current sponsors have any insight in to what someone else was doing wrong years ago. Signature pharmacies was also raided and charged. It was proved that 2 prosecutors caluted to get headlines. They are both going to jail.

The current sponsors may not know, but either do I and I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. In my profession I study trends, other companies, etc regarding my line of work. I just assumed that someone in THIS line of work may have studied the failures of other companies in order to learn from them. That's all.

i think its a valid question, but a quick search on Google could give you more than you get here probably.

Looks like they were selling bogus prescriptions using a false name of a an MD. Who knows? Either way, like was said, referrals are your friend here. This forum is huge and corporate owned (unlike other rinky dink forums owned by some fat dude in Nebraska or someplace. lol) and I doubt they would associate with companies not maintaining a professional standard.

PowerMedica founder charged with illegally selling growth hormones - Sun Sentinel

Deerfield firm suspected of selling mislabeled hormones, steroids over the web

Let's face the facts.

There is a stigma associated with anything that can be called 'anabolic' or 'steroid' that is the result of misinformation percolated by uneducated media-types.

These media-types use sensationalism to feed the hysteria surrounding anything that could be viewed as performance-enhancing.

God forbid a guy in his 30's or 40's wants to regain that sense of well-being and energy he had in his 20's.

I guess that is just criminal. Of course, it is totally acceptable, in society's eyes, to load up our kids on all kinds of psychotropics to 'modify' their behavior.

The issue with what we do, HRT, is not in the fact that we do it but rather in the perception it creates in the minds of the ignorant and uneducated.

Personally, I would prefer they just sit on their respective couches growing fatter and less healthy and let those of us who are so inclined push toward improving our own quality of life.

Rant off.

Let's face the facts.

There is a stigma associated with anything that can be called 'anabolic' or 'steroid' that is the result of misinformation percolated by uneducated media-types.

These media-types use sensationalism to feed the hysteria surrounding anything that could be viewed as performance-enhancing.

God forbid a guy in his 30's or 40's wants to regain that sense of well-being and energy he had in his 20's.

I guess that is just criminal. Of course, it is totally acceptable, in society's eyes, to load up our kids on all kinds of psychotropics to 'modify' their behavior.

The issue with what we do, HRT, is not in the fact that we do it but rather in the perception it creates in the minds of the ignorant and uneducated.

Personally, I would prefer they just sit on their respective couches growing fatter and less healthy and let those of us who are so inclined push toward improving our own quality of life.

Rant off.

^^^ Quoted for the truth!

When I was diagnosed with secondary Hypogonadism in the summer I jus' happened to catch an episode of that guy who made the documentary, "Super-Size Me". It was an episode on taking anti-aging products like testosterone and the like and it really depressed me. I thought there was no answer to my condition and that testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) was unsafe. Luckily, instead of going along with my doctor's prescription of Androgel I decided to do some research of my own and was suprised at the findings! I was really unhappy at the show, "30 days" and the way they portrayed the anti-aging clinic.

Back