Question on Western Union .......

Drveejay11

I am banned!
On the FORM......it asks for your NAME, ADDY, PHONE.

A buddy told me that you should put your CORRECT/LEGIT info here....is this right????

It is up you. If you put a fake name it is less tracable to you. If you use your own name you can recall the funds if you need to. I have used WU twice. The first time I used a fake and had no problems. The second time something told me to use my own name and I had to recall the money. Got lucky I guess.

I don't know if it really matters. I have never once been asked to supply some form of identification or anything. I usually put my correct info down and no one has come knocking at my door yet :)

IF you are being watched, I dont think a fake name will throw them off.. after all you are giving your source the control number and everything..

U should be okay DrVj...i use it often with my real info and havent had any problems..oh and btw check ur pm bro!!

I've sent money through WU a few times and have always used my legit information. It's not like its illegal to send money, now for particular goods or services thats another issue!:D Last time I sent money through MG, I got asked if I knew the receipent.......I was caught off guard and just said a simple "YES", transition went on!

I always use my real name and info....I was just asked for ID on a $500 transfer so it's up to the clerk if they want ID or not.....

No ID is required on transactions under 1000$ for the sender according to WU policies. I use my real name just in case I need to recall the $$. The safest thing to do is get a fake ID and use a fake a name.

i would put my real name, i usually do. If you fuck up your sources info you can't take out the money without proper id, so you will be at a loss

I know a guy who sent WU and used his real name. It came back to haunt him later. I think the chances of that happening are slim and none, especially if its under 1,000$. Like the other guys said It would be real shitty to use a fake name then have problems with the money. There are risk either way.

gilly6993 said:
I always use my real name and info....I was just asked for ID on a $500 transfer so it's up to the clerk if they want ID or not.....

If you're sending, then they can always ask for ID if they want, but that doesn't mean it is required. Quite simply put, the people who are working WU do NOT know WU policies. They will sometimes tell you that you ALWAYS HAVE TO HAVE ID, because(I guess) they think that you know even less about WU rules & regs than they, and if they tell you something is truth, then you'll buy it simply because they work there and you're just some shmuck. It's all about not being wrong for people like that, and for whatever reason PEOPLE LIKE THAT seem to flock to aquire jobs that have WU as one of their services. What you have to do is BE A DICK! Tell them that you called WU(I always have the number ready to roll of the tips of my lips) and THEY said that as long as it was such and such amount(the amount cutoff is $999.00 as was stated) and a TQ/TQA was added, that there wasn't an ID requirement. That should make things run smoother.

I actually had happen one time though, that it was a stores policy to always ask for ID--WU/MG policies be damned!. I asked the young lady working behind the counter FIRST(before we proceeded), if she was going to be able to cash w/o ID, and she said "yes". After she had everything transacted, she then looked at me and said "O no, you HAVE to have ID to CASH it"! I thought I was going to lose it, since all of it was in a fake name(I was cashing this one), and all I had was some fucking checks IN THAT NAME that I now couldn't cash! I had to get with the manager and tell her that I wasn't from around here, so I couldn't cash these. "They are worthless to me, and I need the MONEY", I said. I then went on to say that I "specifically asked the girl if she was going to be able to CASH then w/o ID, because I knew that some stores policies were that you ALWAYS had to have ID no matter what--which I didn't--that was the first time I'd heard of it. Turns out that the manager had to go cancel the whole transaction, and find me the closest store who WOULD cash the checks w/o any identification. This was through MG though. I have a funny feeling though, that it wasn't any type of store policy. I had the feeling that since I was such a pushy DICK about it, that this ball-breaking manager shrew wasn't going to cash these checks reguardless of what I said, and would have rather taken 30 minutes to cancel the whole transaction, than let me think for TWO SECONDS that I was right about the no id policy. LOL. bitch.

Last edited:
i think u should use your real info..

if there are problems and u want your dough back than that might create problems.. and there is no law out there which says that sending money is illegal...No one can charge u for sending money to some one.

if there are problems and u want your dough back than that might create problems.. and there is no law out there which says that sending money is illegal...No one can charge u for sending money to some one.

Re: i think u should use your real info..

mamta said:
.. and there is no law out there which says that sending money is illegal...No one can charge u for sending money to some one.

What I am worried about is that WU may have a policy of monitoring whether someone repeatedly sends money to certain "suspicious" recipients/countries. Let's say that once a month you send money and every time the money goes to a country like Russia, China, Thailand, etc. I bet it wouldn't be difficult for them to pull up your whole history of money transfers, and if it looks even a little bit weird, they could turn it over to law enforcement for further evaluation. I am probably just being paranoid, but I bet that after 9/11 money transfers to countries like China are being watched.

Back