Recent pics........................

Both hand single dumbell ext leaned up backward to a preacher curl bench works good, and or cable ext with arms over head. When younger id do skull crushed but they wreak havoc on my elbows

Yes I do all of.them Carvelli, it just seems stubborn as hell
Possibly maybe take a month off doing direct arm work?
Des igf1 help for growth?

Okay thanks
How long does it take for your body to go into ketosis?

I gotta ask Matt... why are you do desperate to achieve ketosis?

You work a physical job.
You train 4-6 days a week.
You take Tren pretty much year round.

Surely just running a simple calorie deficit is enough to whittle off the fat in this scenario?

Des igf1 help for growth?

You see this is where you get it all wrong Matt!

If you have a weakness, you DON'T just throw another compound at it, you look at your training methods (and techniques) and find a way to make that weakness a strength.

I've known you long enough on here to know that with the amount of gear you take, and the relatively clean diet you live off, that your training is the issue.

Now PLEASE do not take that as a dig, because it isn't.

I urge you to sit and watch Ben Pakulski or Dennis James videos on YouTube and mimic their training methods....

Check your ego at the gym door and lift those weights correctly and with high-intensity - and results will come.

NOTE: I will also add that adding mass to your arms is highly unlikely when running a calorie deficit - even more so when/if in ketosis!

Last edited:
It's a good that thing when cutting, one wouldn't logically expect to gain mass.. especially in their arms of all places.

He's been recommended to cut further by me, particularly because of where he's at currently, and the upcoming seasons. May as well finish what he started!

Training, yes. Implement new strategies. Good ideas there, Pakulski is a bad ass for sure, Mark Rippetoe was recommended to me by Zilla, and has since been a favorite of mine.

Need more rest with a physical job though. So, despite popular belief of training 5-6 times a week.. don't buy into it. Take days off, and listen to your body.

I gotta ask Matt... why are you do desperate to achieve ketosis?

You work a physical job.
You train 4-6 days a week.
You take Tren pretty much year round.

Surely just running a simple calorie deficit is enough to whittle off the fat in this scenario?

I think he just latched on to my recommendation.

I personally do very well with my physical job, tren, keto, and training outside of work. Actually looked my best under these conditions.

For what it's worth, I may just have issues with bloating, constipation, and water retention with most carbs.. so my body may be biased :D

If you have a weakness, you DON'T just throw another compound at it, you look at your training methods (and techniques) and find a way to make that weakness a strength.

I've known you long enough on here to know that with the amount of gear you take, and the relatively clean diet you live off, that your training is the issue.

I urge you to sit and watch Ben Pakulski or Dennis James videos on YouTube and mimic their training methods....

Check your ego at the gym door and lift those weights correctly and with high-intensity - and results will come.

NOTE: I will also add that adding mass to your arms is highly unlikely when running a calorie deficit - even more so when/if in ketosis!

Count yourself blessed that BB cares enough to take the time n lay it out for you Matt. I know I do!! It's like getting advise from a professional trainer...for free!!!! Good looking out B!!

I don't think it's my training methods as I don't lift heavy no more
I am.not here to argue the point.as I am.here to.listen to.opinions
Yes when I do bulk up again not till next fall unwilling Def take.more time off the gym thus from.my physical.Job
As right now I don't want to go back and forth as I already am dropping weight like crazy and no sense bulking right back up
I want to achieve my.abs back and get down.to a.low bf percentage and maintain that look for.spring summer and consider doing a lean.bulk.come.fall
I understand building in a.caloric deficit.is not possible and I.am.not.looking to.build more.so.obviously to.lean out

How many grams.of proteinper day should.I be consuming.to hold onto muscle while in ketosis? I am weight 201lbs.as of today
Was going to do some grocery shopping today as well as its pay day
What about cheese? Any good on ketosis?

I'm not one for the one size fits all workouts on ***Please no links to outside site****** but after following Ben Pakulski on Instagram I checked out his Mi40 program and it really kicked my ass and really made me rethink some of my training. I've found a lot of his info really useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have to be Einstein to realize that once you get that mind/muscle connection dialed in - you are going to be on the road to proper gains.

Far too many people go into the gym on a chest day, but as soon as they lie on a bench, they forget the fact that they are training chest!

Suddenly the only thing that matters is pushing a heavy weight from A to B... they have totally forgot that their single goal when walking through those doors was to trash the chest, and now they are just concentrating moving said weight with everything they've got, rather than focusing on maximum pec contraction, switching off the delts and the triceps, keeping the shoulders low, scapula retracted etc etc....

When clients first come to me, they are actually quite shocked at how little they can lift when I strip each exercise back to how it should be done to stimulate the target muscles... but this strength drop is only temporary, because in no time whatsoever, with the extra muscle stimulus that proper training creates, they now take giant strides forward - and more importantly, the bulk of the work is now being done by the target muscles...

And this applies to EVERY muscle group, not just chest!

That mind/muscle connection is key, and it isn't easy to get - you have to be aware of your body and have the skills to switch certain muscles off while focusing on the body part you are training.

Who is suggesting he does this?

That was lost in txtlation, that's not what I meant. I was just saying, personally I haven't found a whole lot I like with the workouts paired with a supplement company on ***Please no links to outside site******, which is why I was so refreshed and impressed with the Mi40 plan. I wasn't saying that in response to anyone's statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
poking around in this thread, I see you might go Keto.

My advice on Keto: when your body first shifts into Keto, do not try to murder your workouts. Take it slow. I did this and almost blacked out in the gym after my 3rd workout. Luckily I had enough strength to walk to my truck in the parking lot and I passed out in there for about 5 seconds in my truck.

Second, make sure you are eating enough potassium. 8 days into keto(8 days from when my body fully shifted into ketosis), I started to get really weird symptoms. Too much to type to tell you what I was feeling but I ended up going to the ER and after they ran bloodwork they told me I had potassium deficiency....he told me that only people in 3rd world countries get that condition lol. Turns out as my luck would have it, the foods I chose to run Keto had very little to no potassium.

After that I dropped the diet, Keto is not for me. But I have seen insane results when some of my friends ran it

Oh and you might want to buy those electrolyte pills they sell at supplement stores. they have salt. part of the reason why I passed out in the gym was my salt intake was very low. the electrolyte pills fixed that.

Last edited:
Thanks ghost
And yes felt like that last night.at the gym
I am.trying to play catch up just from.not feeling so hot.the last few days
So I did back and shoulders last night.and my.strength was so.so.but I did.get.light.headed.as well a few times
But.other then that my energy level seems.okay
And notice.everyday the gut.area is getting.tighter and tighter maybe due.to.the water that us getting.flushed.out.of.me.from.no.carbs

Ahhh.... but are you 'carb sensitive' or 'cake sensitive'? ;)

Dead serious, I do alright with Potato, Rice, and Oats. But, Pasta, bread, and anything of the like.. I'm sluggish, bloated, constipated, and watery (puffy almost).

When I went full keto I was wore down easily at first but still never had sluggishness and slow thinking..

Rarely got constipated, no bloat, and water wouldn't stick to save my life lol

Dead serious, I do alright with Potato, Rice, and Oats. But, Pasta, bread, and anything of the like.. I'm sluggish, bloated, constipated, and watery (puffy almost).

Spot the difference!

All the ones you struggle with are processed - all the ones you do ok on are raw!

I'd bet money it's the additives that mess you up, not the carbs!

Back