Recovery with no chemical assistance

Jimmykick

Lift, eat, sleep and grow
Anyone ever recover just fine without estrogen blockers or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG)?

I'm not talking about the first time you cycled and knew nothing of PCT. I'm talking about purposely not taking anything post cycle and never losing sex drive or size.

Yes - contrary to what you hear that post cycle therapy (pct) is "mandatory", I have never used any such products, and I have tended to keep gains after cycles I have done. I think it depends a lot on what products you are taking, for how long, how often, and also on the person. My view is that if you do a moderate oral cycle, or oral/injectable stack for a moderate period of time, coming off without post cycle therapy (pct) is fine. It's important to keep training when off, staying motivated and eating well, so that you keep your gains while you body adapts to the recent changes.

You can probably expect a few postings to follow that disagree with me .... :)

It's a pipe dream, unless you do anavar you need post cycle therapy (pct), even with anavar you need post cycle therapy (pct) cause it WILL supress your ass. I have done anavar and didnt need anything more than OTC stuff. One thing I wanna say regarding aromatizing compounds, they have a greater effect on the shrinkage, like dbol, test etc, I have personally not seen any shrinkage with non aromatizable compounds, so you definately need post cycle therapy (pct) on aromatizable compounds.

Clomid and nolva are cheap, effective, and readily available so I do not understand why anyone would not use them. Why shell out a shit load of moolah on steroids and supplements, deprive yourself of delicious tasting foods, and get under the squat rack each and every week only to not do everything in your power to allow for proper recovery and maintenance of gains? I dunno. It just seems elementary to me, but hey it's just my opinion.

People do things their own way. Dumb people don't do post cycle therapy (pct), pro's bridge or never come off, and the rare genetically gifted individual can go without post cycle therapy (pct), even when he would be better off if he still did it. Unless you're on 100%, i see no reason not to do pct.

HeHateMe is spot on. Why even risk loosing what youre fighting for?

I did do regular post cycle therapy (pct) of nolva, coming off a 8month cycle, I never lost any sexdrive and very little size so for me its a must have.

Lots of old school guys don't do PCT. Like it or not, that's how it is.

Recovery varies from person to person, with or without PCT.

mranak said:

^^^^agree with mranak^^^^^^^ i didn't post cycle therapy (pct) at all my first two cycles and recovered fine (although the were test e and deca only cycles) i'm fixing to start my third any day now and won't chance it again.

mranak said:

DITTO..I HAVE DONE A FEW CYCLES, AND I HAVE RUN BOTH WAYS...AND TO BE HONEST, I HAVENT NOTICED THAT BIG OF A DIFFERENCE..ALSO, I BELIEVE IT ALSO DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU TRAIN FOR AND HOW..I GENERALLY TRAIN HEAVY ALL YEAR ROUND, SO THE STRENGTH ISSUE IS NOT A BIG DEAL..NOW IF I WERE A BODY BUILDER?? WHO KNOWS..

E

shit here is so trendy, post cycle therapy (pct) is one of them. yes it is smart but no your not a stupid ass if you dont. Extreme doses and crazy cycles will always f u up with or without pct. post cycle therapy (pct) isnt going to help ur ass if your squirtin 1200mg of test a week up ur ass. theres shit heads here that weigh 170 pounds after 5 cycles and they try to tell u that u dont know what ur doing. do what works for u, thats the best advise.

Hey - just following on from what mranak said, I wonder if the guys of the Pumping Iron/Arnold era had post cycle therapy (pct) products available to them. I suspect they did not.

hal said:
I wonder if the guys of the Pumping Iron/Arnold era had post cycle therapy (pct) products available to them. I suspect they did not.

Inapplicable and irrelevant due to the fact that pros stay on year round. There's no sound reasoning for a recreational bodybuilder to not use PCT.

These are very interesting replies. More thoughts on not using recovery drugs than I imagined there might be. The reason i ask is that it happened to me. I actually took my post cycle therapy (pct) drugs on the road with me on a two week extended business trip and left them in my hotel room the first night. Two weeks later when I returned home i thought, you know I feel just fine, I'm still sporting serious wood, my sex drive is there, I'm the same size except for about 3 or 4 lbs AND get this...my nuts started rapidly and noticably swelling back up on their own so I figured what the hell. Let me see how this goes. I NEVER felt deficient and I never shut down like I had in some previous cycles. Made me wonder if others have done this. Forgive me if this is against the grain. I would never think of not running post cycle therapy (pct) but this just sort of happened to me. At the risk of being flogged I thought i would post this up and ask. Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:
oh the cycle I ran was 500 mgs test and 400 mgs deca only. Just wanted a mild cycle as compared to the Test, Tren and Winstrol (winny) cycle i ran over the summer last year.

when i was a bouncer the guys i knew never did a post cycle therapy (pct) and they kept most of there gains but they did irregular cycles and mild

Jimmykick- what you have described is exactly how I feel each time after a cycle, and I have never used any kind of PC medication.

Ive been getting regular bloodwork for a few yrs now so I wanted to see how Id do coming off a 4 month cycle that was moderate to high. I kept training and eating and kept some decent gains but 4 months after ending my cycle I went in for bloodwork and my Test Levels were terribly low....My doc even prescribed me a bottle of Cyp. Then i did the standard protocol for post cycle therapy (pct) and kept the bottle of test. 2 months later my levels were normal.

I will always do post cycle therapy (pct) now.....had to find out for myself though.

Gator the human gunie pig.

Back