Restart check any thoughts

300winmag

Was on TRT for three years 100mg e6d. No blasting. And giving clomid a whack to see if it works.

Anyways on clomid 25mg e0d. Seems conservative. But I don't mind that.

One thing that worries me though is he has me on letrozole 2.5mg ed seems like a lot anythoughts.

Was on TRT for three years 100mg e6d. No blasting. And giving clomid a whack to see if it works.

One thing that worries me though is he has me on letrozole 2.5mg ed seems like a lot anythoughts.

Damn, that is quite a bit of letro. I'd question your doc on this dose.

Correct, that is a RIDICULOUS dose. That would destroy your e2 even if you were running a gram of test per week. I would suggest dropping it altogether.. AI's don't really belong in SERM restarts anyhow. Certainly not letro either - it's far too difficult to dial in the correct dose.

If anything, up your clomid to 25mg/day. Or Clomid 50mg/day + 20mg Nolva/day would be optimal. You're really going to need a proper protocol if you want a fighting chance at recovery.

Did you use hCG at all during your TRT regime?

I did do hcg once during trt to get wife pregnant. I thought the letro was a little much every day. Ive read in a lot of places an AI is needed in a restart, just not sure that much. maybe one pill a week, twice a week. cut it in half etc. Im going to have to start with 25mg of clomid eod for now and see how it goes.

I did do hcg once during trt to get wife pregnant. I thought the letro was a little much every day. Ive read in a lot of places an AI is needed in a restart, just not sure that much. maybe one pill a week, twice a week. cut it in half etc. Im going to have to start with 25mg of clomid eod for now and see how it goes.

SERMs don't close the feedback loop in the same manner as endogenous production, and I really don't think taking an AI will be of any real benefit to you. SERMs prevent the hypothalamus from seeing estradiol, which triggers the release of gnrh, and subsequently LH from the pituitary. AI monotherapy works when the HPTA can see estradiol present, but in too small of an amount for allostasis - triggering more gnrh and LH.

If the HPTA can't see the estradiol, it can't really react to it. The ONLY reason I can see a benefit from AI use at this time is if you're very sensitive to estradiol, and need to manage the free-flowing conversion due to aromatase.

Is this restart for a permanent attempt, or to have another child? If the latter, there are some very good studies showing that HCG in combination with TRT does result in fertility being restored dramatically.

SERMs don't close the feedback loop in the same manner as endogenous production, and I really don't think taking an AI will be of any real benefit to you. SERMs prevent the hypothalamus from seeing estradiol, which triggers the release of gnrh, and subsequently LH from the pituitary. AI monotherapy works when the HPTA can see estradiol present, but in too small of an amount for allostasis - triggering more gnrh and LH.

If the HPTA can't see the estradiol, it can't really react to it. The ONLY reason I can see a benefit from AI use at this time is if you're very sensitive to estradiol, and need to manage the free-flowing conversion due to aromatase.

Is this restart for a permanent attempt, or to have another child? If the latter, there are some very good studies showing that HCG in combination with TRT does result in fertility being restored dramatically.

Thanks halfwit. Right now its for a permanent restart. I did use HCG with TRT to get wife pregnant two years ago, worked great, about triples my sperm count.

As E. I never had bad gyno but I think I had mild to acute problems with it. With acne, feeling tired, cloudy and just out of it. My estradiol numbers were always 48-53 pg/ml with ref range of 7.6-42.6 So I have always thought there was a need for an AI. Every time I took the shot say day 2 through about day 4, I kind of felt like crap, than day 5 and 6 before the new shot I felt better.

Really my goal here to get off Trt forever with a successful restart. The docs and such around here Im not going to be able to ask and demand for a grocery cart of items.

Thanks halfwit. Right now its for a permanent restart. I did use HCG with TRT to get wife pregnant two years ago, worked great, about triples my sperm count.

As E. I never had bad gyno but I think I had mild to acute problems with it. With acne, feeling tired, cloudy and just out of it. My estradiol numbers were always 48-53 pg/ml with ref range of 7.6-42.6 So I have always thought there was a need for an AI. Every time I took the shot say day 2 through about day 4, I kind of felt like crap, than day 5 and 6 before the new shot I felt better.

Really my goal here to get off Trt forever with a successful restart. The docs and such around here Im not going to be able to ask and demand for a grocery cart of items.

I would honestly hold off on the AI then. There's quite a difference between what you aromatize on TRT, and what your body will make while on a SERM. I can honestly say that crashing estradiol is far worse than having it's slightly high.

As you would be solely relying on the natural plumbing to bring things back up - you could end up spending way too much time with low E2, which would suck.

I do certainly wish you the best, I don't know anyone that legitimately needed TRT and has been able to restart permanently. Please keep us informed on how this goes. You have quite the bumpy ride ahead of you. :)

Last edited:
I agree. You need to pick a path. Either AI-Monotherapy or SERMs(s). Not both for your restsrt.

Did you "prime" your testicles with hCG prior to attempting your restart with Clomid? That can make a big difference in success rates.

No hcg to start. Not an option with doc right. Now.

I recant a little as I was going off online the actual drugs showed up last night.

It's calling for 50mg of clomid eod and 2.5mg Ed.

Think I would be better off splitting and doing clomid daily.

Going to hold on the letro. But if I start getting e sides should I take one letro a week split it?

What the hell? You are on clomid and taking 2.5mg letro ed. Are you for real? UFB!

Letro is some powerful shit,, best suited for heavy bulking, heavy aromatizing cycles,, like high test/deca/Dbol . Doesn't have a place in trt or a restart IMO

On third week. Haven't touched the letro. First week was brutal almost had thoughts of stopping. Second week started coming into it more. Feel pretty good. Not great but good.

One issue is libido is gone. Not a thought in my mind. Does this go away anything to help that

your wasting your time without HCG.....also having an extremely low T is not good for you health wise, you could be causing damage to cardiovascular system. Had you had your cholesterol or c reactive protein tested lately?

the doc has you taking that much letro!?!? find a new doc ASAP.. letro even using 750mg ew of test i would still only rec around 0.6mg e3d...
your only on low amount of test and using such i high amount.
you are right that is too much. also the amount of test your on you may not even need an AI, but even if you do it would be far lower than 0.6mg e3d let alone 2.5mg ed!
how long have you been on the letro?

Correct, that is a RIDICULOUS dose. That would destroy your e2 even if you were running a gram of test per week. I would suggest dropping it altogether.. AI's don't really belong in SERM restarts anyhow. Certainly not letro either - it's far too difficult to dial in the correct dose.

If anything, up your clomid to 25mg/day. Or Clomid 50mg/day + 20mg Nolva/day would be optimal. You're really going to need a proper protocol if you want a fighting chance at recovery.

Did you use hCG at all during your TRT regime?

i agree here. and i would have ran hcg a few weeks before focusing on the clomid.

i agree with upping clomid to ed.

your wasting your time without HCG.....also having an extremely low T is not good for you health wise, you could be causing damage to cardiovascular system. Had you had your cholesterol or c reactive protein tested lately?

hes not wasting his time, but i do agree using HCG then doing the clomid would likely be much more effective.

good luck OP
if you have to use the letro try splitting it into atleast 4 parts. and if you can make it 8 parts. its hard with letro so thats why i like rui letro since its liquid its easy to dose. letro pills are soo friggen small (atleast all the ones iv seen) its hard to split it into 4 let alone 8 parts.

2.5 mgs of Letro Eod ?
Is this doc for real?
You trust this guy to treat u man?
If u didn't run HCG first ....I don't know man..
Good Luck hope it works out.

hes not wasting his time, but i do agree using HCG then doing the clomid would likely be much more effective.

good luck OP
if you have to use the letro try splitting it into atleast 4 parts. and if you can make it 8 parts. its hard with letro so thats why i like rui letro since its liquid its easy to dose. letro pills are soo friggen small (atleast all the ones iv seen) its hard to split it into 4 let alone 8 parts.

We will have to agree to disagree here. He was on testosterone for 3 years not a 12 week cycle. Without HCG its a complete and total waste of time. We have seen this thousands of times.

It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to stimulate LH and FSH if when they get to the testicles there is no reaction because the leydig cells have been desensitized by androgens. Without sensitizing the testes first your pissing in the wind.

Last edited:
To clarify I took one letro pill the first week and and after that stopped. So as of now no letro. And maybe that's why I felt bad the first week.

I asked about an au and he gave it not sure if it was messed up. But he said 70% of his patients react well to clomid.

Cholesterol was checked in November while on t and was good. Hcg is not an option right now but maybe after 2 months

As of now I feel good. But should I take clomid 25mg Ed vs 50 eod.

And my libido is gone.

Back