Results of the 2003 NPC Nationals

mvmaxx

And as I predicted, Kris Dim won the LHW class and became a pro. Congrats to the local boy. :D

2003 NPC Nationals: Duval Earns His Pro Card

After several attempts Mat Duval was finally welcomed to the pro ranks in, first winning the superheavyweight division, and then going on to win the overall title. Pushing Mat hard, literally, was heavyweight Frank Roberson, who was a riot throughout the entire Nationals weekend, and in the overall posedown at one point pushed Mat out the way, who responded by picking the funster up and removing him from the front stage area.
Light-heavy Kris Dim was another who had battled for some years, without success, for a pro card who finally found redemption at this packed (309 competitors) Nationals.

However, no one could eclipse Annie Rivieccio in the perseverance stakes by virtue of her claiming her pro card, after 15 years of celebrated effort.

Full results are shown below.

2003 NPC NATIONALS, MIAMI, FLORIDA November 14, 15
FINAL RESULTS

Women’s Fitness: Less than 5’2”
1 Carla Freda ***
2 Jenni Allen
3 Allison Daughtry
4 Nita Wilson-Marquez
5 Laura Brenton

Women’s Fitness: 5’2” – 5’4 1/2”
1 Lydia Haskell
2 Amy Huber
3 Bethani Terrell
4 Sandy Ward
5 Angela R. English

Women’s Fitness: over 5’4 1/2” 1 Shannon Dey
2 Melissa Babers
3 Celeste Turner
4 Yvette Veiga
5 Vicki Newton

*** Fitness overall winner:

Women’s bodybuilding: Lightweight Class
1 Michelle Davis
2 Tina Mulinazzi
3 Pam Kusar
4 Cindy James
5 Melanie Thompson

Women’s bodybuilding: Middleweight Class
1 Tonia Williams
2 Maya Stone
3 Anita Nickolich
4 Beverley DiRenzo
5 Norma Nieves

Women’s bodybuilding: Heavyweight Class
1 Annie Riviecco ***
2 Mimi Sabalee
3 Lora Ottenad
4 Sherry Smith
5 Yamile Marrero

*** Womens overall winner

Men’s bodybuilding: Bantamweight Class
1 Marvin Ward
2 Lazarus Angulo
3 Roland Huff
4 Kenneth B. Rios
5 Silvio Schillen

Men’s bodybuilding: Lightweight Class
1 Marc Jacobs
2 Henderson Gordon
3 Roland Aki
4 Al Ferraro
5 Mike Martini

Men’s bodybuilding: Middleweight Class
1 Jimmy Canyon
2 Stan McQuay
3 Pablo Mills
4 Jose Raymond
5 Paul Smith

Men’s bodybuilding: Light-Heavyweight Class
1 Kris Dim
2 Roc Shabazz
3 Curtis Bryant
4 Fakhri Mubarek
5 Monty Mabry

Men’s bodybuilding: Heavyweight Class
1 Frank Roberson
2 Jeff Schwartzer
3 William J. Owens
4 Darrell Terrell
5 Lionel Brown

Men’s bodybuilding: Superheavyweight Class
1 Mat Duval ***
2 William Wilmore
3 Erik Fromm
4 Gus Carter
5 Stokely Palmer

*** Mens bodybuilding overall winner

IMHO Duval didnt deserve the Overall. Maybe he deserved the SHW division but thats as far as it goes. In pics all over the net that I have seen, the Overall should have gone to Dim or Cannon.

Also, Tomas Rieke got shafted. He was probably the best conditioned guy in the show and I believe he ended up 12th and most people had him in the Top 5 in his division.

YEh wish I would have made it, I called and they said they only had the 125$ tickets left, and that no pictures were allowed!!! To top it all off my boy bailed out last minute..........Oh well theres always next time!!!!

panteracfh said:
doesn't matt duval supposedly have the record for the strongest arms? he curled 300 in each arm....crazy...

The record was 185 not many years ago, so that sounds a bit far fetched.

I swear Kris Dim looked better than Lee Priest at the Sac...

I'm glad Dim won...real nice guy.

i was there, those pics(far away) don't tell the whole story Duvall looked amazing, Dexter Jackson and Troy Alves were sitting right behind me, saying how impressed they were w/ Matt and he will win hands down. Frank Roberson (HW)looked really good too and his routine was fuckin bad ass -Swoll1

Thomas rieke did get the shaft. Don't know who he pissed off in the NPC but it must have been someone big. Dude was retarded looking with that conditioning. I've heard he was "to hard" whatever the hell that means. And to think that usually at the Nationals conditioning is what usally wins where at the USA its round muscles and not that "freaky" conditioning.

And Matt Duval did not deserve the overall. But really if your in the overall posedown there who the hell fucking cares. You already know your going to be a pro.

Big props to Jimmy Canyon on a year that was off the hook. Three national competition wins is nothing short of amazing. Best of luck to him in the future.

And as for Matt duval having the "worlds strongest arms" thas BS, brought on by Muscle Tech to sell products. Matt will be the first to tell you he doesn't have the strongest. But he sure is up there. And as for 300 lb dumbbell curls, that is damn impossible. Shit how many people could Bench or dumbbell row with 300's. Maybe a hand full of people. Muscle Tech does a great job of getting their athletes recognition, you have got to give them that.

I still cant believe my eyes on the premeir site for knowledge and training,you posers think matt could curl 300lbs dumbell curls. I curl 80s and can only get 4 to6 i would bet my bottom dollar im bigger than 90%of these people on this site!!

bodySculpter said:
I still cant believe my eyes on the premeir site for knowledge and training,you posers think matt could curl 300lbs dumbell curls. I curl 80s and can only get 4 to6 i would bet my bottom dollar im bigger than 90%of these people on this site!!

Actually I believe that only one person claimed that Duval curled 300 per arm. Secondly, your attitude is total shit so please go find another "premeir site for knowledge and training" to post on. Thank you.

Back