Ruptured disc (Non aas related)

Ok, when it comes to injuries, i feel like joining in:

I had big problems with L3-L4 giving severe pain in the ......right but-cheek. So painfull i could only walk for about 25 yards, then i had to sit down for a few minutes.
They gave me 3 cortisone shots in the butt, then 2 in the back (L3-L4). Finally the doc sent me to a chiropractor and i went to see him (in the beginning) 3 x a week. After about 25 visites pain went away. I am still seeing him once every 6 weeks.

The pain is away, but so is my strenght. Don't know if force will come back.

As for your questions: i would see a chiropractor before operation, but it is the doc who decides, for the best.

I had the same injury as you (L5) some 4-5 years back. So you can recover from it, but it can alway come back.

As for your HGH question: no definitly not.

Jeff

The fact that your disc is only bulging and hasn't actually ruptured is a great sign.

I have been dealing with severe back pain from degenerative disc disease for over 10 years. I have pretty significant degeneration/bulging at the L4/L5 and L5/S1 levels. I tried everything under the sun to alleviate the pain. Basically nothing worked. I'd get chiropractic treatments and ART, but that would only help for a few days, then it was right back to the intense pain. The pain would vary from mild discomfort on my best days, to severe pain and debilitation on bad days. I'm talking I couldn't lean over a sink to wash my hands or brush my teeth because my back was so weak and painful. I couldn't pick up anything off the floor without moving like a 90-year-old man.

Last fall, I began getting Prolotherapy treatments. About 8 treatments and 6 months later, my back feels better than it has in almost a decade. I've been able to resume tasks that I've struggled to perform for years, and for the first time in over 5 years i've been able to do lower-body work in the gym such as box squats, hack squats, RDLs, reverse hypers, etc.

I really can't say enough about this treatment. It has given me back a freedom from pain that I thought I would never feel again. It has also meant incredible things for my football career, as I can actually train like an athlete again.

Zyglamail is the one who turned me on to this treatment. PM him if you want another opinion.

www.prolonews.com
www.getprolo.com

SCG2 said:
The fact that your disc is only bulging and hasn't actually ruptured is a great sign.

I have been dealing with severe back pain from degenerative disc disease for over 10 years. I have pretty significant degeneration/bulging at the L4/L5 and L5/S1 levels. I tried everything under the sun to alleviate the pain. Basically nothing worked. I'd get chiropractic treatments and ART, but that would only help for a few days, then it was right back to the intense pain. The pain would vary from mild discomfort on my best days, to severe pain and debilitation on bad days. I'm talking I couldn't lean over a sink to wash my hands or brush my teeth because my back was so weak and painful. I couldn't pick up anything off the floor without moving like a 90-year-old man.

Last fall, I began getting Prolotherapy treatments. About 8 treatments and 6 months later, my back feels better than it has in almost a decade. I've been able to resume tasks that I've struggled to perform for years, and for the first time in over 5 years i've been able to do lower-body work in the gym such as box squats, hack squats, RDLs, reverse hypers, etc.

I really can't say enough about this treatment. It has given me back a freedom from pain that I thought I would never feel again. It has also meant incredible things for my football career, as I can actually train like an athlete again.

Zyglamail is the one who turned me on to this treatment. PM him if you want another opinion.

www.prolonews.com
www.getprolo.com
is prolotherapy covered by insurance here in the US ?

the problem with prolotherapy is that most doctors do it on a cash only basis. apparently the insurance companies just absolutely screw the docs who perform this procedure for some reason. however, after i paid cash for each treatment, i sent the claim form into my insurance company and they reimbursed me at about 60%. i was having both my back and knee treated and it ran me $400 a visit. again... i got 60% of that back. expensive, but the most worthwhile money i have ever spent. knowing how well it works, i'd pay twice that.

Back