Scar Tissue/ Possible Infections

Harnold

So even after rotating pin sites, I as I am pretty sure many others have ended up with golf ball size scar tissue on the glutes. I believe one of them on my right side got crushed or damaged while I was doing heavy leg press. There must be other things at work as I had never had pain from either side until then. They said it had become infected and could not believe the amount of drainage that had to be done, but my point is, they said cellulitis had somehow started inside and the rest was puss and whatever else they took out. So I am a bit puzzled by how it had been there for five or six years before this happened. Recently, the left side is giving me a stinging feeling from time to time, and I am concerned with this. BTW they cannot freeze that area so the incision and the subsequent draining was very painful. Four bags of IV in four days, and they had to pack it and leave the cut open during that time. With the Covid thing going on, I am not likely to get the other side done anytime soon.

Just wanted to warn everyone of what can happen with seemingly harmless scar tissue. Shoulders and legs get very sore even with a very small pin. My 2cnts. :)

So even after rotating pin sites, I as I am pretty sure many others have ended up with golf ball size scar tissue on the glutes. I believe one of them on my right side got crushed or damaged while I was doing heavy leg press. There must be other things at work as I had never had pain from either side until then. They said it had become infected and could not believe the amount of drainage that had to be done, but my point is, they said cellulitis had somehow started inside and the rest was puss and whatever else they took out. So I am a bit puzzled by how it had been there for five or six years before this happened. Recently, the left side is giving me a stinging feeling from time to time, and I am concerned with this. BTW they cannot freeze that area so the incision and the subsequent draining was very painful. Four bags of IV in four days, and they had to pack it and leave the cut open during that time. With the Covid thing going on, I am not likely to get the other side done anytime soon.

Just wanted to warn everyone of what can happen with seemingly harmless scar tissue. Shoulders and legs get very sore even with a very small pin. My 2cnts. :)

could you share a pic of this and or the xray as well? feel for you bro. hope you get better soon.

could you share a pic of this and or the xray as well? feel for you bro. hope you get better soon.

I will see if I can get a pic of the remaining lump on my left glute, and it has now seemingly broke into three or four what appear to be separate pieces under the skin. Luckily it has remained pretty much in the same spot for now. When they took that right side lump they said I was stuck with what was left for the rest of my life. I am pretty sure the scar tissue or lump on the left side is headed for infection like the other did. Just for information purposes I never got a fever and the side that was infected was slightly red, but not as red as I would have thought, and didn***8217;t swell much more than the size it always had been. The soreness and very warm feeling around the area is what sent me to the hospital. So infections of this type do not always present themselves in the manner which most of us look for in the past. If this helps even one person I will be glad to have posted it. In the meantime if anyone wants to pm me feel free and I will help anyway I can. I will try to get someone to take a pic of the remaining lump/lumps on my ass. :) All the best.

Thanks brother, appreciate the concern. The stitches healed up quickly so it was not bad once it was done. They dry pack the incision after each painful time they dug and drained it. They failed to tell me that I could moisten the ribbon type packing they put in until the next day, so little did I know what I was in for when they pulled it out stuck and dried to the inside of the wound. Fuck! That was very painful to say the least. 4 times total and each time required an IV after for antibiotics. I still wonder why they said they could not freeze the area before cutting etc...? So to sum it up, I was one to never worry about scar tissue and the like, but it really can turn serious, not to mention painful if not watched carefully. Stay safe brother.:)

P.S. They did not x-ray the spot for whatever reason.

He is absolutely telling the truth regarding "freezing the site"... Local anesthetic does not work in infected tissue. It is a pH issue at play that neutralizes the anesthetic and renders it ineffective. Many times general anesthetic will be employed in a surgical setting. Sorry to hear of this occurrences. Abscesses can be very nasty and dangerous events. Take care and be safe.

Thanks brother, appreciate the concern. The stitches healed up quickly so it was not bad once it was done. They dry pack the incision after each painful time they dug and drained it. They failed to tell me that I could moisten the ribbon type packing they put in until the next day, so little did I know what I was in for when they pulled it out stuck and dried to the inside of the wound. Fuck! That was very painful to say the least. 4 times total and each time required an IV after for antibiotics. I still wonder why they said they could not freeze the area before cutting etc...? So to sum it up, I was one to never worry about scar tissue and the like, but it really can turn serious, not to mention painful if not watched carefully. Stay safe brother.:)

P.S. They did not x-ray the spot for whatever reason.

ouch man. sucks that they did not tell you you could moisten the ribbon type packing. i cant imagine the pain and especially without a local.

He is absolutely telling the truth regarding "freezing the site"... Local anesthetic does not work in infected tissue. It is a pH issue at play that neutralizes the anesthetic and renders it ineffective. Many times general anesthetic will be employed in a surgical setting. Sorry to hear of this occurrences. Abscesses can be very nasty and dangerous events. Take care and be safe.

Thanks for the back-up brother. I never got to the reason when they couldn't freeze the area on my glute, but I can say without hesitation, "It fcking hurt!" That makes sense now that you explained the reasoning. I have another glute needing to be done but it doesn't appear infected as of yet. I'm convinced that while doing heavy leg press I damaged the scar tissue under the skin on my right glute, and that is the one that got infected shortly after. I did not feel it at the time, but a few days to a week later I would say was when it flared up. They drained a lot of fluid and other crap out of that one and said some cellulitis may have developed or gotten in to the spot as well. The one I haven't had done yet, is larger than the first, although the matching pair did give my ass a better shape while wearing clothes.haha

I really fell sorry for you! It must be very painfull!
Why do you think that happened? May be you injected sometime with dirty hands? or the skin was not clean?
It's very uncommon to reach a situation like that.. may be the skin on glutes is more sensitive than the skin on quads..

I really fell sorry for you! It must be very painfull!
Why do you think that happened? May be you injected sometime with dirty hands? or the skin was not clean?
It's very uncommon to reach a situation like that.. may be the skin on glutes is more sensitive than the skin on quads..

Well the scar tissue never caused any pain until the infection started, and I was told scar tissue was just that, scar tissue. Apparently stuff can sit dormant inside of that tissue, or at least it appeared that way. I***8217;m very careful with cleaning the area with alcohol, and fresh darts, so not sure what happened exactly. The doctors don***8217;t know much about this as he really had no answers for me. Not looking forward to the other side being done.lol. Btw An old friend of mine had a similar issue and they had that poor bastard hanging in a sling, ass in the air, after a brand new pin had a very small metal filing on it that got through into the skin, causing the infection. The guy died in a workplace accident in 2006 but he was a former Wrestler on smaller cards and was 6***8217;7 280lbs, and luckily a great friend and person. I***8217;m usually around 245 at 6***8217; but he really helped my progress in the gym that***8217;s for sure. Miss that guy. P.S. never hurts to wipe down the needle with your alcohol swab. :)

Thank you for your answer, Harnold!

I actually just had a "Eureka Moment" I believe they call them?? haha No laughing matter but I have looked back over the whole scar tissue/infection situation that unfolded with me, and I think I've figured part of it out. As the scar tissue on the right side glute got started, I continued to rotate sites but did return to the area around the early scar tissue that had developed. Without a doubt, I would have at some point injected into the scar tissue itself and I'm convinced some type of impurity or bunk gear, or possibly even good gear that was unable to penetrate through that scar tissue may have sat inside there and eventually caused an infection. From what I've been reading it seems quite possible, but I still think the heavy leg press pushing that scar tissue essentially in a crushing manner might have burst whatever fluid and infection was inside the tissue. Just my theory but either way it was not a pleasant experience.haha

Hows it going now with this issue? have you met anyone else around the gym or forums that has had the same issue?
have you had xrays done?

How is it going, Harnold?

Few weeks ago, the same day I've read your post about the scar, I cut my left hand with the angled grinder (I cut also some nerves) and I suddenly think about your problem and a possible infection.

My opinion is that you injected a gear with some impurity in your scar tissue which was already inflamed and this caused a worse situation.

I hope you are fine now!

Back