Self admin TRT, with no doc consent??

Prowl

Hey Fellas,

Just curious to know how many bros put themselves on TRT without doc's consent. I want to talk to my doc about it but I know how he wouldn't be on board with it. He knows my history and knows about my steriod use. It's been a while since my last blood panel so I can't actually go with proper numbers at the moment but I know my test will be very low. I do proper PCT but my motivation sucks while I'm off. Not saying I'm going to do it but just curious how many guys put themselves on TRT?

trt wont feel like a full cycle.

TRT is replacing what should be your natural amount of test. So that "feeling" you want wont be there.

Go kill it in the gym eat right. Push hard, maximum effort. You'll get a pump, you'll get stronger and bigger. Just not as big as you will with few CCs a week of gear.. Are you in this to train or just to get off on gear?

trt wont feel like a full cycle.

I fully understand that I wouldn't be feeling like I would during a blast, just looking for some extra energy and push. I've ran many cycles not new to this game I'm definitely in this for the long hall. I cycle 1-2 times a year with proper time on/ time off. I'm turning 37 this year it's just getting harder and harder to recover.

Even going the doctor route, finding one that knows what he is doing is difficult. For example my general physician said he does one injection of Test C every 4 weeks! He's been an amazing doctor up to this point but learning that was his treatment made me doubt everything about him.

You can order labs yourself from a couple online companies. Plenty of places to get PCT components. The other gear and where you get it from is up to you.

Get blood work and let's see what your hormone levels look like. Post them up here. Make sure to go first thing in the morning.

Even going the doctor route, finding one that knows what he is doing is difficult. For example my general physician said he does one injection of Test C every 4 weeks! He's been an amazing doctor up to this point but learning that was his treatment made me doubt everything about him.

You can order labs yourself from a couple online companies. Plenty of places to get PCT components. The other gear and where you get it from is up to you.

no need to doubt everything about your doc. Most docs, especially family practice docs don't know much at all about TRT. He should refer you to a Urologist or an endocrinologist anyway.

Then you can take the literature right out of the box of your Test Cyp and show him the half-life is 8 days, and ask him how it makes any sense to inject every 4 weeks.

I did it both ways. On my own was more stressful. Getting all the meds needed and a constant supply is needed. Even though you don't need all that much you still need it on time every time, plus getting quality AI is not cheap going the research chem route is not how preffered to do it.

A box of RX 28 arimedex is **** bucks or more. Aromasin is even more money.

With a good TRT doc I knew I had the best quality test, ai and HCG if i wanted it. All covered by insurance. 10 bucks for adex and 20 bucks for the test. Blood work was also covered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Megatron, do the private lab test website that u have on the bottom of your posts work in Canada (BC)?

I'm still curious to know how many guys are on TRT and are not being followed by any Dr.

At this point, after 4 years on TRT, I only get blood drawn and follow up with my Endo once a year. I see my PCP once a year also, usually around 6 months after I see my endo. So I'm being seen twice a year, even though they don't look for the same stuff or run all the same tests.

At this point, after 4 years on TRT, I only get blood drawn and follow up with my Endo once a year. I see my PCP once a year also, usually around 6 months after I see my endo. So I'm being seen twice a year, even though they don't look for the same stuff or run all the same tests.

Yes the legit route takes forever. Here in Canada my endocrinologist is still running tests. It's been over a year. It didn't help I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea in between....

I've been self administering for 2 years after being diagnosed with low T. After finding doctors that either gave me a "deal with it you're just getting older" or simply wanted to prescribe a test gel I decided to go after it myself. I take test, HCG and liquid Stane from RUI and feel great (better than I have in 10 years - I'm 48). You need to get blood work done on occasion to see where you are at as your body does seem to adjust/change as time goes by (at least mine does). I'm more alert, sharper, stronger and sleep better with the hormones in check. Glad I went this route...

I've been self administering for 2 years after being diagnosed with low T. After finding doctors that either gave me a "deal with it you're just getting older" or simply wanted to prescribe a test gel I decided to go after it myself. I take test, HCG and liquid Stane from RUI and feel great (better than I have in 10 years - I'm 48). You need to get blood work done on occasion to see where you are at as your body does seem to adjust/change as time goes by (at least mine does). I'm more alert, sharper, stronger and sleep better with the hormones in check. Glad I went this route...

Tell your doc you have sensitive skin and most lotions make you break out. Plus (if you have a family) you don't want to risk the chance of a gel spreading to your wife and kids through contact with you. I told my doc that and he went right to injections. Tell him also you are familiar with sterile technique (or your wife or sister is or whatever) and you can do your own injections. Most times they will say to do one injection every 2 weeks because they think they will have to have you come into their office for the injection. :)

Tell your doc you have sensitive skin and most lotions make you break out. Plus (if you have a family) you don't want to risk the chance of a gel spreading to your wife and kids through contact with you. I told my doc that and he went right to injections. Tell him also you are familiar with sterile technique (or your wife or sister is or whatever) and you can do your own injections. Most times they will say to do one injection every 2 weeks because they think they will have to have you come into their office for the injection. :)

Thanks, but no need to even deal with a doctor as I'm happy getting my own blood work done and acquiring needed supplies myself :D. I've got a friend that goes that route and there always seems to be an issue. Recently his red blood cell count was .2 high and the doctor freaked out, pulled him off T for a month. He just went and donated blood to bring it down, but the doctor didn't even think of that and couldn't figure out how he got his red cells down so quickly. Just one instance of doctor incompetency I don't want to deal with. Thanks for the info though!

Thanks, but no need to even deal with a doctor as I'm happy getting my own blood work done and acquiring needed supplies myself :D. I've got a friend that goes that route and there always seems to be an issue. Recently his red blood cell count was .2 high and the doctor freaked out, pulled him off T for a month. He just went and donated blood to bring it down, but the doctor didn't even think of that and couldn't figure out how he got his red cells down so quickly. Just one instance of doctor incompetency I don't want to deal with. Thanks for the info though!

Most of us think of going through the doc as a means to an end. There are some definite plusses to having a prescription for your test, hcg and AI.

That's why you donate blood every 8 weeks. Do it regularly and your counts stay down.

Back