SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP I need it Please help

Schweddy

I have Hashimoto's and have been a LIGHT sleeper forever. If I have a busy day I just can't seem to wind down and sleep eludes me. I have tried it all: Valerian, Melatonin (works the best but doesn't really cut it), L-Trytophan, GABA, 5HPT, you name it.

I have used Ambien sparingly (when on a business trip for example and MUST sleep to function the next day) but my RX ran out and I am afraid of the scary sides (folks waking up with burger wrappers in the bed and having no memory, etc.)

Any suggestions? Perhaps a new drug? I am specifically looking for something that will help me get quality sleep when I am on the road in an unfamiliar bed after a stimulating day. I travel a one or two nights a week several months of the year.

I have Hashimoto's and have been a LIGHT sleeper forever. If I have a busy day I just can't seem to wind down and sleep eludes me. I have tried it all: Valerian, Melatonin (works the best but doesn't really cut it), L-Trytophan, GABA, 5HPT, you name it.

I have used Ambien sparingly (when on a business trip for example and MUST sleep to function the next day) but my RX ran out and I am afraid of the scary sides (folks waking up with burger wrappers in the bed and having no memory, etc.)

Any suggestions? Perhaps a new drug? I am specifically looking for something that will help me get quality sleep when I am on the road in an unfamiliar bed after a stimulating day. I travel a one or two nights a week several months of the year.

Change your diet. Seriously.

Protein in the morning, carbs in the evening. I have a close friend with Hashimoto's, and she swears by this philosophy.

I'm getting a solid 8 hours, pretty consistently.
One bong hit and I'll fall asleep 20 minutes into whatever I pulled up on netflix.

I get on average 6 hours a day, it sucks, though it seems to have improved since I started doing cardio a few days back.

I upped my Melatonin from 3ML time release to 6 which I was told was the appropriate dose for someone my weight (178#). It did the trick. 8 hrs.

Back