So i tried to bleed myself.. (trt related).. it doesn't work? Haha

goingtowin

So call me stupid and i'm sure i'll get a lot of crap for this but I wanted to attempt to take some blood on my own and I failed miserably..

What the hell causes it to come out so quickly then you get blood drawn professionally?

I had a 23g needle and I know I hit my vein.. blood did come out but it trickled a drop every few seconds. for about a minute then slowed down and stopped.

But damn when I get blood drawn it shoots out like a mofo?

I did this for sh*ts and giggles and I failed hard.

Anyone else ever try to do this?

Lol for starters, don't use a 23 Guage needle.its not big enough and the blood clots fairly quickly. An 18 GA might work but I use a 16 and it takes about 10-15 minutes to drain out 2 plus cups
And thanks for the reminder I need to do this again asap

How often do you do it? And damn man 16g is pretty thick?! That's massive to be sticking into a vein?!

that' what they use at the Red Cross mate. 15 or 16G needles.

Did you do it properly, into the underside of your elbow, on a 15-25' angle so as to be IV and mimic the natural inclination of the veins?

I tried to but obviously didn't haha.

I'll order some thicker needles and try again..

How often do you guys do it? And do you do a pint at a time?

Are you guys sure 23g wouldn't work? I had blood work run at the lab a few days ago and they use 23g needles. Those vials fill up fairly quickly and they did four of them. Obviously not like when donating blood with their harpoons but it was a steady flow. Does attaching the vial when drawing the blood for lab work somehow create negative pressure?

I don't remember the details but I kind of remember someone running tubing from the needle to a jar. If I remember right he created a vacuum in the jar to get the blood flowing faster. But again I read that a long time ago and I don't recall the details at all.

Are you guys sure 23g wouldn't work? I had blood work run at the lab a few days ago and they use 23g needles. Those vials fill up fairly quickly and they did four of them. Obviously not like when donating blood with their harpoons but it was a steady flow. Does attaching the vial when drawing the blood for lab work somehow create negative pressure?

I don't remember the details but I kind of remember someone running tubing from the needle to a jar. If I remember right he created a vacuum in the jar to get the blood flowing faster. But again I read that a long time ago and I don't recall the details at all.
yup.. they are in a vacuum state.. thats why they work at 23g

So you're doing this for shits & giggles ?

Sounds like something that would go hand and hand with picking your nose and eating the boogers.

Vials used to collect samples are in vacuum. The blood almost gets sucked out of your vein

How often do you do it? And damn man 16g is pretty thick?! That's massive to be sticking into a vein?!

I took a course to be able to stick folks intravenously, and won't do it myself. There are just some things that cross into that territory of letting the professionals do it for you. For those that can, I respect your ability, but frankly - the idea scares the shit out of me lol. IM/subq? No problem. IV? No thanks!

Agreed HW..I ve done more drug s than I ll ever admit to too but but but IV administration...no thank u.

I took a course to be able to stick folks intravenously, and won't do it myself. There are just some things that cross into that territory of letting the professionals do it for you. For those that can, I respect your ability, but frankly - the idea scares the shit out of me lol. IM/subq? No problem. IV? No thanks!
agreed, same here...
never had to donate before luckily : P and thats with over 9yrs with aas use.

Your Nutz... 18g is too big. Your going to do damage to veins with an 18g that's a huge hole. 23g is what they use a lab corps and quest.

The tubes they are filling have a vacuum so when tapped they suck....literally.

Last edited:
wow, you guys are nuts. the way i see it, the furthest i'll go is IM and sub q injections at home because its basically impossible to fuck those up.

but sticking needles into your veins and doing a home drainage? thats something i will only let a professional take care of. what's so difficult about going and donating blood?

Back