Sprained wrist

bcboy

I sprained my wrist about a week ago pretty bad mountain biking, really sucks cause i just started a cycle few days before the accident, got xray done it showed no fracture. i cant curl more then 15 pounds on my right wrist. basicly i cant do any upperbody. Anyone here ever had a bad wrist sprain, how long did it take before you were able to start lifting again? really upset about this, its been a week and i can already see myself shrinking.

Tough situation bro. Especially right into your cycle. IMO, you need to rest it. Most sprains are categorized from level 1-3. 3 being the worst. What was your doctors advice? Did he tell you to follow up in a few weeks? No use injuring yourself further, which will put out your training even more time. Follow the docs orders bro. Rest it til your follow up and go from there. Goodluck

I'm not sure what the severity is, my doc told me its not fractured, but sprained, i have to follow up with him this week and maybe he will be able to tell me what grade of sprain it is. Thanks for the reply's, i'll have to be real carefull at the gym and find ways to work around this dam sprain.

My first instinct would be to put a heavy duty brace on it or tape the crap out of it when you go lift. Maybe that would allow you to do SOME upper body exercises. If not then it may be better to end the cycle early and wait til you're recovered.

My first instinct would be to put a heavy duty brace on it or tape the crap out of it when you go lift. Maybe that would allow you to do SOME upper body exercises. If not then it may be better to end the cycle early and wait til you're recovered.

I would try this, but if u see u can't, don't risk it Bro, better safe than sorry

Back