Steroid favorises cancer

KISAWA

I heard that!! Is it true?? I hope it's just crap!
The thing is: I want to look good but not die premarurely of course!
WHere can I find good info about that??
Or is it just crap to scare people from using gear?
Supergirl??? Are you there??? You sure know something!!

KISAWA said:
I heard that!! Is it true?? I hope it's just crap!
The thing is: I want to look good but not die premarurely of course!
WHere can I find good info about that??
Or is it just crap to scare people from using gear?
Supergirl??? Are you there??? You sure know something!!
Are they talking about Corticoid steroids or Anabolic steroids. Big difference there.

Well I think They meant the "stuff that gives big muscles" . No seriously I did not even know there was a difference!!
Somebody can help on that one????

i have never heard of such a thing. not finding any studies on google either. probably a scare tactic?
~KITTY

Steroids cause you to not have your period. Now lets's think when you have female cancers or other fem disorders like endomeitiosis what do they do as far as meds? One of the things they do it anti' e's and other things that"shut you down" Perhaps steroids are likely to prevent cancer.

KISAWA said:
Well I think They meant the "stuff that gives big muscles" . No seriously I did not even know there was a difference!!
adrenal cortical steroid: (mostly used in the medical field and is not a darivative of testosterone)

Meaning #1: a steroid hormone produced by the adrenal cortex or synthesized; administered as drugs they reduce swelling and decrease the body's immune response
Synonyms: corticosteroid, corticoid

Corticoid steroids can do a lot of damage to your body. They are not building steroids, but more like destroying kind. See the similarity in cortisol and corticoid?

KISAWA said:
adrenal cortical steroid: (mostly used in the medical field and more of a catabolic steroid and not an anabolic one)

Meaning #1: a steroid hormone produced by the adrenal cortex or synthesized; administered as drugs they reduce swelling and decrease the body's immune response
Synonyms: corticosteroid, corticoid

Corticoid steroids can do a lot of damage to your body. They are not building steroids, but more like destroying kind.

I haven't seen any studies specifically on cancer, however, there are studies showing that higher doses of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) can cause cardiovascular problems. Key word there "high."

DocJ is right. There haven't been many, if any, studies done for women, regarding long-term effects of test or derivatives of the male hormone. That's the reason the FDA didn't give its approval for a testosterone patch for women back in 2004 called intrinsa. During the cliniclal trials for intrinsa, 3 out of 4 women developed breast cancer, versus 1 out of 4 from the control group. However, Those findings were dismissed due to the low number of participants.

Well, what do we know then? The Women's Health Initiative (a program established by the National Institutes of Health) found that post-menopausal women taking the FEMALE hormones estrogen and progestin had higher risks of breast cancer. Cancer-risks because of administration of female hormones, has also been confirmed by other studies, like this one , where healthy (without previous cancer or previous hysterectomy) women were administered female hormones, and had an increased occurence of cancer. Although a stretch with many variables involved, since some tumors are more susceptible to estrogen and others to test, we could learn lessons from that; it is plausible to me that stronger male hormones could also have a negative effect. Just my opinion off course.

DocJ is also correct in stating the higher risk of cardiovascular problems.

Very new study...
-------------------------------

Fertil Steril. 2007 May 9; [Epub ahead of print]

Safety of testosterone treatment in postmenopausal women.
Braunstein GD.
Department of Medicine, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California.

OBJECTIVE: To critically examine the safety of T therapy given to postmenopausal women. DESIGN: MEDLINE literature review, cross-reference of published data, and review of Food and Drug Administration transcripts. RESULT(S): Although some retrospective and observational studies provide some long-term safety data, most prospective studies have had a duration of 2 years or less. In addition, with the exception of the female-to-male transsexuals, T was administered in conjunction with estrogens or estrogens and progestins, which confound the interpretation of some of the studies. The major adverse reactions are the androgenic side effects of hirsutism and acne. There does not appear to be an increase in cardiovascular risk factors, with the exception of a lowering of high-density lipoprotein with oral T. There are little data on endometrial safety, and most of the experimental data support a neutral or beneficial effect in regards to breast cancer. There does not appear to be an increased risk of hepatotoxicity, neurobehavorial abnormalities, sleep apnea, or fetal virilization (in premenopausal women) with the physiologic treatment doses of T. CONCLUSION(S): Except for hirsutism and acne, the therapeutic administration of T in physiologic doses is safe for up to several years. However, prospectively collected long-term safety studies are needed to provide a greater degree of assurance.

PMID: 17493618 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

any cancer relevance i've studies or read has been related to gh and igf-1.

i know for a fact that they gave during and post kemo patients anavar to assist in the prevention of muscle wasting as they do with aids patients...

steroids and cholesterol which can lead to heart problems, enlarged organs, other heart problems, renel failure, liver damage are probably the MAIN health concerns for steroid users but would be a concern IMO for those that use and abuse or use extremely high dosages without breaks, regular testing and a doctors care...

Kisawa,

my best advice is to always be smart with your body; moderate dosages, adequate breaks, regular blood tests, doctors supervision, balanced nutrition and training programs etc...
i believe in preventative medicine and get screenings so god forbid, anything is caught in the early stages!

but don't srive yourself crazy worrying...

luv supes

Cancer is really just abnormal cellular replication. Nothing can give you cancer, it is something you are always at risk for. Like SG said mostly compounds such as IGF-1 and hGH are associated with this issue, basically because they act on the cellular level. I have heard of studies in which Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) contributed to tumor growth. However, tumor and cancer don't always mean the same thing.

Back