Sub q injection issue.

yea im giving up on it... gonna go the IM route

Hey bro i still go IM with 29 gauge 1/2 inch. If you have fairly lean delts and quads it works like a charm. I've been doing that for over a year now. Haven't used bigger than a 29 gauge. My last Tren run was with slins in the muscle. I prefer that over Sub-q. Like IMT said, I never got 100% used to sub-q. There was always a tad discomfort or a lump for a few days.

Went to the doc. He ruled out the abscess. Said it's either an allergic reaction to the injection or a slight inflection. Gave me antibiotics. Keflex to be exact.
I just got done with a 10 day course of Keflex (Cephalexin). 1000mg twice a day. It gave me some bad sides that im still dealing with. After my 7th day on it, I started having bad fatigue, stomach distress, and anxiety. I called the nurse at the Dr's office and she confirmed that it is not uncommon for some people to experience this. Its been 2 full days since my last dose and I am still super tired all day long and my anxiety has not dissipated much. Im hoping this antibiotic leaves my system quickly. I actually started a thread yesterday entitled "Antibiotics, their side effects and usage while on trt", it didnt get many responses, but read my post if you want to. Not trying to scare you, just trying to warn you. I dont know your prescribed dosage, but it is obviously some strong stuff.

Hey bro i still go IM with 29 gauge 1/2 inch. If you have fairly lean delts and quads it works like a charm. I've been doing that for over a year now. Haven't used bigger than a 29 gauge. My last Tren run was with slins in the muscle. I prefer that over Sub-q. Like IMT said, I never got 100% used to sub-q. There was always a tad discomfort or a lump for a few days.

How long does it take you to load the syringe, rip? I tried to load a 27 gauge with sus and it took what seemed an eternity. I didn't warm the oil up, this may have helped.

How long does it take you to load the syringe, rip? I tried to load a 27 gauge with sus and it took what seemed an eternity. I didn't warm the oil up, this may have helped.

It's quick bro. I back load it. So I basically grab a 20 gauge syringe and needle and draw out my test. Then I pull the back plunger out of the insulin pin. Then I shoot the test in the back of the slin pin and then put the plunger back in. Then inject. You could never draw with an insulin pin. It would take an eternity. Being that a lot of guys want to try it, I'm going to post a thread on it in a couple of days.

I have been on a antibiotic for the last week, had knee surgery last week and since I have a slightly elevated white blood cell level the doctor felt it was wise to have me take the antibiotics than not. I have been experiencing some of the same sides that willnorthwest has described. Today is my last day on them so for that I am thankful!

It's quick bro. I back load it. So I basically grab a 20 gauge syringe and needle and draw out my test. Then I pull the back plunger out of the insulin pin. Then I shoot the test in the back of the slin pin and then put the plunger back in. Then inject. You could never draw with an insulin pin. It would take an eternity. Being that a lot of guys want to try it, I'm going to post a thread on it in a couple of days.

I draw test cyp in grapeseed oil into a 29 gauge slin pin. Kind of slow, but takes less than 2 minutes, and I don't even warm the oil. It's possible to find a suitably sized object to wedge between the flange on the plunger and the tabs on the barrel and let it do its thing.

Last edited:
I draw test cyp in grapeseed oil into a 29 gauge slin pin. Kind of slow, but takes less than 2 minutes, and I don't even warm the oil. It's possible to find a suitably sized object to wedge between the flange on the plunger and the tabs on the barrel and let it do it's thing.

I also use a 29 gauge insultin needle for sub q TRT and it works great. It does draw slowly, but no more that a minute. I use 50mg max. More than that and I get a small but detectable lump.

I started TRT back in August and been doing subq injections from the start, twice a week. 1/2cc in my quads with a 27g, 1/2" needle. First injection resulted in painful knot about a day later, lasted several days - severe enough to cause a limp. Also resulted in a large red area about 6" diameter. Very similar to the OP's description. 2nd injection didn't hurt as bad, and by the third week I wasn't having any side effects any more. I'm still contiuing the subq injections. Tried IM a few times, didn't see any difference if feeling and it was slightly more painful, so quit after about 4 times that route.

I started TRT back in August and been doing subq injections from the start, twice a week. 1/2cc in my quads with a 27g, 1/2" needle. First injection resulted in painful knot about a day later, lasted several days - severe enough to cause a limp. Also resulted in a large red area about 6" diameter. Very similar to the OP's description. 2nd injection didn't hurt as bad, and by the third week I wasn't having any side effects any more. I'm still contiuing the subq injections. Tried IM a few times, didn't see any difference if feeling and it was slightly more painful, so quit after about 4 times that route.

SubQ in the quad?????

I tried a SubQ injection once. It was a Anavar/Winstrol 50mg/50mg mix. Did .5ml left of naval. Had a knot/sterile abscess that didnt go away completely for around 8-9months.

I did research and found a few scattered reviews where people have had success.

Its not fucking worth it. IM is simply the easier way to go when injecting AAS.

Going 1/2 inch into your quad is not sub q. Its just not a very deep IM inject.

Whoever told you this is Subq was wrong.

Typically I only go 1/2 to 3/4inchs into my quad. 1 inch is just too long for the quads but perfect for the glutes.

SubQ = fatty tissue between skin and muscle.

Going 1/2 inch into your quad is not sub q. Its just not a very deep IM inject.

Whoever told you this is Subq was wrong.

Typically I only go 1/2 to 3/4inchs into my quad. 1 inch is just too long for the quads but perfect for the glutes.

SubQ = fatty tissue between skin and muscle.
You can do subq in thighs with 1/2 inch needles, it is a common site for insulin injections.

You can do subq in thighs with 1/2 inch needles, it is a common site for insulin injections.

You can go subq in a lot of places. Especially with a small amount of water based insulin. 1/2 cc of oil based AAS in your quad sub q tissue would tear you up.

Huh? Your quad is your thigh.

1/2 inch straight into your thigh without pinching up some subq tissue and injecting into it is IM bro.
I know how to give injections, been doing this for many years.

Traditional sites for subq injections include upper arms, abdomen, and thighs. There is a technique to doing this, short needles help and pinching the skin when necessary. Thighs are well-known areas for subq. Switch to longer needles for IM in the quads.

The first few rounds of subq left me a bit painful, but after the first 3 weeks any local reactions to the injections stopped. Now I give myself injections in the same areas without any problems.

Last edited:
I call bullshit bro.

You arent the only guy thats been in this game for awhile. There is no way I would shoot 1/2cc of oil based test in actual subq tissue in my quad.

1/2 inch in your quad will suffice for IM. I never go all the way in with a 1inch pin.

you can easily do subq test injections in the quad.. and it woudln't tear you up.. i have a friend who does it regularly

Back