Supplement to lessen the "pump"

randy_mar

I know this may seem like a silly question to most, but are there any supplements out there that would help me "lessen a pump?"
Let me explain......

I armwrestle professionally. Well one of my main issues during a tournament is the "pump" I get in my arm right after a match. (Veins protruding, arm tight, stiff, and full of blood.) Not the best thing to happen, when your next match may be 1 minute later. No matter how much I work on my stamina in practice, it's different during a tournament. There is alot more adrenaline pumping, in my opinion! My arm gets pumped ALOT faster.

I was told before my tournaments, to avoid pre-workout suppliments (which make sense) - So i guess I'm looking for something which would be the opposite of a pre-workout (strangely!!)

Hope I'm making sense lol!

Thanks fellas!

Hmm that is different lol, I mean if you wan't a relax feeling something like phenibut, gaba to relax but I don't now of anything that would relax the pump. Def like to see other idea's.

I dont know about supplements that would specifically target easing the 'pump', but i assume proper stretching and relaxing the muscle, along with something like massage would help.
Also applying heat to muscles may work as well. If you have professional physio in your team, they would probaly have some good methods to help.

maybe caffeine? I find when I drink lots of coffee pre-workout I don't get as good of a pump as if I would drink less... Just my 0.2

I know this may seem like a silly question to most, but are there any supplements out there that would help me "lessen a pump?"
Let me explain......

I armwrestle professionally. Well one of my main issues during a tournament is the "pump" I get in my arm right after a match. (Veins protruding, arm tight, stiff, and full of blood.) Not the best thing to happen, when your next match may be 1 minute later. No matter how much I work on my stamina in practice, it's different during a tournament. There is alot more adrenaline pumping, in my opinion! My arm gets pumped ALOT faster.

I was told before my tournaments, to avoid pre-workout suppliments (which make sense) - So i guess I'm looking for something which would be the opposite of a pre-workout (strangely!!)

Hope I'm making sense lol!

Thanks fellas!

I raced motocross most of my life, and professionally in my 20's. Arm pump is a huge problem in that sport as well. Gripping a pair of handlebars for 40 minutes without rest is a lot more strenuous than most people would ever know. Anyway, there's a lot of research in this area for motocross. One solution is a product called Hemoflo. Its new, and i cant say that ive tried it. Im in my 40's now and my motocross career is over. But here is the link for the product.
https://www.actionetix.com/store/purchasehemoflo
Another solution that was popular in the 90's was surgery. Riders were going to Europe/Canada, Dr's there would open your forearms and cut the fascia to allow more blood flow in the fascial compartments. Its called fasciotomy surgery. The increased blood flow in the forearms was visually noticeable. Some riders forearms could now expand like popeye's once the fascia is cut. You can read about this surgery here.
Arm Pump
Good luck, let me know if you try the hemoflo. I would like to know what you think. I know they have a money back guarantee.

I raced motocross most of my life, and professionally in my 20's. Arm pump is a huge problem in that sport as well. Gripping a pair of handlebars for 40 minutes without rest is a lot more strenuous than most people would ever know. Anyway, there's a lot of research in this area for motocross. One solution is a product called Hemoflo. Its new, and i cant say that ive tried it. Im in my 40's now and my motocross career is over. But here is the link for the product.
https://www.actionetix.com/store/purchasehemoflo
Another solution that was popular in the 90's was surgery. Riders were going to Europe/Canada, Dr's there would open your forearms and cut the fascia to allow more blood flow in the fascial compartments. Its called fasciotomy surgery. The increased blood flow in the forearms was visually noticeable. Some riders forearms could now expand like popeye's once the fascia is cut. You can read about this surgery here.
Arm Pump
Good luck, let me know if you try the hemoflo. I would like to know what you think. I know they have a money back guarantee.

Salute you man! I'm very much into motocross & quads (even If I never raced) I (kinda) know the feeling of riding a 250 2 stroke as hard as possible for even a short amount of time, fkn forearms burn like hell!!

I think that Beta Alanine could benefit you much better than reducing the bloodflow(pump). BA increases carnosine levels in your body and it in return increases muscular endurance. There's quite a few studies backing it up too, and it's cheap as hell. Just don't take a large dose at once, it may feel like getting slapped with a handful of nails.

Maybe some aspirin stacked with a dose of alcohol can thin the blood and work and reduce inflammation. Ibuprofen and Tylenol also reduce inflammation. Sounds like you are experiencing a lactic acid burn.

Back