T-3 And Bulking

tyevho

I have heard a person can use 12.5mcgs/Ed of T-3 to help keep B/F down while bulking. Does this low a dose need to be ramped up too, then ramped down at the end? Just do not want to screw up my thyroid functions. How long can this dose be safely run? This is going to be a short bulker, only about 6 wks.
Drol..........100mg/ed-------4wks
Prop.........100mg/eod------4wks
Cyp...........750mg/wk------12wks
Deca.........900mg/wk------12wks
Armidex.......1/4mg/ed

It helps protein synthesis in low doses as well from what i understand but im not positve. I am interested in this also ^^^^

You can run low doses of T3 for a LONG time, 2-3 months without deleterious side effects.

At this low dose (12.5 mcg/day) it does not need to be ramped up or down, it increases protein synthesis, combants bloat, and most importantly, it will not interfer with your natural thyroid function. Really, the difference is very subtle.

Go for it.

I just started 500mg of Test-E with 12.5mcg of T3. Gonna run it my whole cycle with a medium caloric diet (3500-4000cals). I'll let you know how it goes.

Gonna try for another 10-15 lbs.

12.5mcg is less than a normal person produces(depending on the person), the average is around 26mcg a day. So why would you want to take in less or only replace what you are producing. You should take at 37.5 to 50mcg(at most) to speed up protein synthesis while on a bulking cycle

Would the 12.5mcg dosage be more effective before bed? At night your metabolism is at its slowest, so why not speed it up with an evening dose of cytomel.

stick with morning and mid day doses for a total of 37.5-50mcg/day.(50mcg/day, 25mcg/twice is obvisiously easier).....don't really see a point of night dosing, use Cytomel to speed up the body's ability to absorb ingested nutrients(during day)

swoll1 said:
stick with morning and mid day doses for a total of 37.5-50mcg/day.(50mcg/day, 25mcg/twice is obvisiously easier).....don't really see a point of night dosing, use Cytomel to speed up the body's ability to absorb ingested nutrients(during day)
but if 12.5 mcg is less than natural levels of thyroid hormone you won't be speeding anything up. Your natural levels decline towards the evening, so wouldn't an evening dose keep your protein synthesis and fat burning levels slightly elevated toward the night? Just a thought.

I was also thinking about using it with my bulking cycle, but only for speeding up protein synthesis , I really dont care about using it to fight off unwanted fat buring my bulking cycle. Or it wouldn't be called a bulking cycle.

swoll1 said:
12.5mcg is less than a normal person produces(depending on the person), the average is around 26mcg a day. So why would you want to take in less or only replace what you are producing. You should take at 37.5 to 50mcg(at most) to speed up protein synthesis while on a bulking cycle

Actually, the average person produces about 37mcg per day. And what I'm telling you is that taking 12.5mcg per day will NOT interfere with you natural thyroid production. So, in fact you will be adding 12.5 mcg T3 each day to the 37mcg or so that your body produces on it's own.

IMO, stick with 12.5mcg and do not bump it up.

can you back up that 37mcg/day, because i'm talking about T-3 not T-4
taking 12.5mcg is not going to add to what you make...when someone takes Test for example they take 500mg, they aren't adding that on top of what they make, you are suppress endogenous production.

If your taking 12.5mcg/day your suppressing your natural prod., in return your metabolism will be slower than before...which bulking will turn into getting FAT....the point of over 26mcg/day is to absorb as many nutrients as you can when consuming excess calories..the more your body absorb for muscle growth, the less fat storage of excess calories

Hmmmmmm..... Seems to be a bit of controversy on the amount to take. Once again I will probably just have to experiment.

Indeed. I said 37.5 mcg per day because that's what I've always read/heard on the boards. So, to verify this claim I've done a bit of reaseach in the last hour on the subject, needless to say I cannot find a per day value anywhere on the web.

This is what I did find. Normal T3 blood test are 80-180 ng/dl (conflicting reports on this, I also found 70-120 and 60-100) - that's nanograms per decaliter. So, the "average" would be 130mg/dl = 0.0013 mcg/liter. Given that the average person has about 5 liters of blood that's .0065 mcg in the blood stream at any given time. Now, the rate at which this gets used, I don't know.

If anyone has an actual refrence on this (not just a link to some yahoo on the boards) I would love to see it.

Next, of course, you can't actually find good solid references on what doses of T3 "shut down" thyroid production and what doses do not. However, I found that hypothyroidism is often treated with doses of 5-12.5 mcg of T3 per day in conjuction with T4. Based on this, I doubt that doses of this sort will actually "shut down" your natural thyroid production.

Comparing Test production to Thyroid Hormone production is like comparing apples to oranges. Just not the same thing, sorry.

I know many men who have run bulking cycles using 25mcg of without getting fat so....

swoll1 said:
can you back up that 37mcg/day, because i'm talking about T-3 not T-4
taking 12.5mcg is not going to add to what you make...when someone takes Test for example they take 500mg, they aren't adding that on top of what they make, you are suppress endogenous production.

If your taking 12.5mcg/day your suppressing your natural prod., in return your metabolism will be slower than before...which bulking will turn into getting FAT....the point of over 26mcg/day is to absorb as many nutrients as you can when consuming excess calories..the more your body absorb for muscle growth, the less fat storage of excess calories

That does not make any sense at all. You are comparing a 500mg dose of Test, of course that will shut down your natural production.

But if you take 75-100mg Test/week (HRT dosage) you will not necessarily shut down your own natural testosterone production.......

so who here recommends 75-100mg/week of Test, my point is why would someone take less exogenous than they make endogenoulsy, that's my point, most pros(I know 2) stay on T-3 at around 50mcg most of time to speed up protein syn. and to store less fat.

Just saying there is no point of taking 12.5mcg daily, you can maybe see results on 25mcg daily depening on your metabolism and T-3 uptake

And 75-100 Test as Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) dosage is totally different because we aren't talking about people with Thyroid dysfunction.

Faye, the men you know using 25mcg daily prob didn't get fat or any more than without 25mcg, because they were replacing what they would make naturally anyway.

swoll1, why would you take cutting doses of T3 when trying to bulk?? That doesn't make sense in the least.

I have to agree with swoll1 on this one, ive always been told taking T3 supresses natural production, everybody I know used 35+mcg's.

Youll have to experiment and find out what works for you, start from 12.5 and work your way up and see how it goes.

Does feminine muscle only accept female applicants or can I join too Faye?

Back