T3

phillybig04

Work in process....
I am currently running Test E at 300mg a week and 40mg of Winstrol (winny) ED. I dropped Dbol after about a week.

But I want to add the t3 to my cycle. What would be a good dosage of the T3? Should I add it?

Opinions would greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

You need to ramp up and down on t-3. I took it like this

12.5, 12.5, 12.5, 25, 25, 25, 37.5, 37.5, 37.5, 50-->> for 4 weeks and then ramp back down in the same fashion

You can still use the same method. Some people like to start at 25mcg as well but I wanted to start a little lower to get my body accustom to it.

mmm, are you bulking? i used t3 and lost lots of muscle mass while on sus/tren althouh im still just as strong i think this is down to the tre/test i would personally go for clen/eca

alfa23 said:
mmm, are you bulking? i used t3 and lost lots of muscle mass while on sus/tren althouh im still just as strong i think this is down to the tre/test i would personally go for clen/eca

I definitely feel like It slowed my gains while on cycle also

You don't need to taper up, and it would be a waste of your time. A good dose is 75 mcg. per day. I don't exceed 100. You can taper down, but don't overdo it. No more than 2 weeks tapering. You should use it if you want to increase your metabolism for cutting, I don't believe in using it for bulking.

Trevdog said:
No more than 2 weeks tapering.
Why no more than 2 weeks? Better to taper over too long a period than too short a period of time, especially for something like T3 for which it is well established that it must be tapered appropriately.

phillybig04 said:
i am trying to bulk however I wanted to burn some fat from my stomach and parts of my chest.
It is hard enough to bulk while maintaining bf, much less loosing bf at the same time.

Do you want a cutting cycle or a bulking cycle? Pick one of the two rather than sitting on the fence.

A lot of guys claim that T3 is an excellent way to loose muscle mass. Being on Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) obviously helps prevent that, but IMHO you are best off with Clen or Ephedrine, good diet, and cardio for cutting.

mranak said:
Why no more than 2 weeks? Better to taper over too long a period than too short a period of time, especially for something like T3 for which it is well established that it must be tapered appropriately.

It is not well established that it must be taperad because its nonsense and you do not have to do it.

/Bruce

I always use T3 when I'm bulking and it works fuckin' amazingly... the reasons you may be losing weight guys can be a function of many things... are you eating more carbs when you take T3 and are bulking? Do you increase your protein intake by 10 - 15%? How much T3 are you taking? No more than 25mcg is needed for bulking purposes... I've used T3 while bulking, and have also bulked without it... as long as you are prepared for the T3 with the right diet, you won't lose muscle mass... also, just having your the increase in your total weight slow down doesn't mean T3 is hampering your gains... you need to solely measure your LBM accurately in order to be able to know that!

Derek

Bruce Banner said:
It is not well established that it must be taperad because its nonsense and you do not have to do it.

"In normal individuals, normal hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis function is restored in 6 to 8 weeks after thyroid suppression." Reference

If you consider the above statement to not be nonsense, then perhaps taping cytomel dosages isn't "nonsense."

I've seen some guys post thyroid bloodwork after using T3, showing non-normal values. Abnormal thyroid values can also cause problems, such as hypogonadism.

T3 is a serious hormone. If used, it should be used as carefully as possible. Can you stop taking Cytomel (liothyronine) abruptly? Yes. Should you? Based on the available evidence and information that I have read, I believe that discontinuing at a high dosage is a bad idea.

mranak said:
"In normal individuals, normal hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis function is restored in 6 to 8 weeks after thyroid suppression." Reference

If you consider the above statement to not be nonsense, then perhaps taping cytomel dosages isn't "nonsense."

I've seen some guys post thyroid bloodwork after using T3, showing non-normal values. Abnormal thyroid values can also cause problems, such as hypogonadism.

T3 is a serious hormone. If used, it should be used as carefully as possible. Can you stop taking Cytomel (liothyronine) abruptly? Yes. Should you? Based on the available evidence and information that I have read, I believe that discontinuing at a high dosage is a bad idea.

Du you taper your steroid cycles to?

Where does it say that tapering would lead to faster recovery?

"In 1951, Greer reported the pattern of recovery of thyroid function after stopping suppressive treatment with thyroid hormone in euthyroid [normal] subjects based on sequential measurements of their thyroidal uptake of radioiodine. He observed that after withdrawal of exogenous thyroid therapy, thyroid function, in terms of radioiodine uptake, returned to normal in most subjects within two weeks. He further observed that thyroid function returned as rapidly in those subjects whose glands had been depressed by several years of thyroid medication as it did in those whose gland had been depressed for only a few days"

N Engl J Med 1975 Oct 2;293(14):681-4 Recovery of pituitary thyrotropic function after withdrawal of prolonged thyroid-suppression therapy. Vagenakis AG, Braverman LE, Azizi F, Portinay GI, Ingbar SH.

MVH
/Bruce

How much were you guys using while bulking? I feel that 12.5mcg is great for me while doing anything. Granted, hitting 50mcg while trying to bulk is counter productive...

Bruce Banner said:
Du you taper your steroid cycles to?
When writing my last reply, I actually wrote that recovery of the thyroid hormones is much different from the recovery of the sex hormones. But I deleted it prior to making the post because that seemed so obvious and I didn't think it was worth mention.

Bruce Banner said:
Where does it say that tapering would lead to faster recovery?
I confess that it makes no mention of tapering.

Clinically, there might not be a need to taper. Why? Because T3 is not usually administered at doses that elevate the paients T3 well above normal. Using T3 to achieve a normal Free-T3 and abusing T3 to elevate T3 above normal are different things.

Back