Tendonitis or tear in muscle? Supplements?

RoyBatty

I have been dealing with either a bad case of tendonitis or some tear in my forearm muscle for months. I have taken MSM and some inflamatory drugs but nothing seems to work. It hurts right below the bicept where the muscle meets the joint(elbow) and my forearm. I guess it could be a tear underneath(ligament) the muscles in the forearm. Hurts (burning and pulling) when I try hammer curls or any curls for that matter. Also lat pull downs right in the interior joint area. Any suggestions for rehab or supplements to help heal? Or possibly any anabolic remedies? Thanks alot, this is really making my workouts suck...............:confused:

I have been dealing with either a bad case of tendonitis or some tear in my forearm muscle for months. I have taken MSM and some inflamatory drugs but nothing seems to work. It hurts right below the bicept where the muscle meets the joint(elbow) and my forearm. I guess it could be a tear underneath(ligament) the muscles in the forearm. Hurts (burning and pulling) when I try hammer curls or any curls for that matter. Also lat pull downs right in the interior joint area. Any suggestions for rehab or supplements to help heal? Or possibly any anabolic remedies? Thanks alot, this is really making my workouts suck...............
:confused:

If pulldowns and curls hurt it may be the brachialis tendon, not the biceps tendon, that you injured. Those exercises work the brachialis muscle more than the bicep. The bicep is mainly involved when you rotate your forearm.

Rest it, stretch it and ice it. Stretch it by straightening your arm all the way out to your side, palm up, and back as far as it will go. Hold the stretch. You should feel the stretch in the tendons in your elbow. Do this several times a day. If you work out the arm, stretch it before and after the exercise.

Stay away from pulldown/pullup type exercises with too much weight. They stress the brachialis too much. With curls, rotate the wrist so that your thumb is to the outside. Do them slowly and start with lighter weights. And keep stretching after each set.

It wouldn't hurt to see an orthopedist who specializes in arm injuries.

thanks

Thanks a lot . Yea its a nightmare cuz it effects a lot of my exercises. This has been going on for at least 2 months! I'll try what ya say and see a doc too(AGAIN, LOL)....Thanks........

First question

#1 How long have you been taking MSM ,,,,consistently?

#2 What daily dose of MSM have you been taking

#3 was the MSM lignisul?

Then I will say this MSM needs to be taken consistently for atleast a month no less than 2000mg a day to show benefits, and it must be taken twice a day, it is water soluable so 1 in AM and 1 in PM (depending on dose)
Only after you have taken this product consistently can you take double doses to be used as a anti inflammatory.

ansewer

I have been taking MSM @ Glucosamine/Chondroitin 4 tablets a day containing 1000mg/MSM-Gluco each and 800mg of Chondroitin. So its about 2000mg of msm/gluco a day w/ the chond. Should I take more. I have been taking it for about a month now....It dosen't say anything about Lignisul? What is that....Thanks a lot..........

scratch that I was taking 4 tablets a day at a serving of 1000mg a piece. Guess I should increase that huh?

Feel free to PM or email me. I'll even talk you through some things via phone if necessary.

Do you squat? I get these pains the day after squatting or doing heavy goodmornings. Pressing and rows tend to make it hurt as well.

Make GOOD use of aleve, icy hot, capascain cream, elbow sleeves, and bringing your grip WAY out on squats.

Seriously...please reply, send me a PM and an email...

B True

Yes increase the MSM to 2G-4G a day, IMO gluc and Chondroiton, just arent as absorbable, need too much and too long

Stick with the higher doeses of MSM , Give it time Stick with it, it will help

Are you icing and massaging it regularly? Going light on the curls doing them in a slow and controlled fashion would make sense until it's recovered.

tear in muscle

roybatty.

i have the same exact problem in mt forearm and elbow. most likley from going real heavy on skull crushers and push downs. i have been icing it every night and going light with arm workouts. i thought it was my bicep at first also but it wasn't. anyway i feel your pain. take care of it before it gets worse. stay away from big weights for a while

yea

Yea I hear ya! Its been a couple of months and it seems to be a "little" better. I was on MSM for about a month and now I'm on some other joint complex. I am going back on the MSM bandwagon though as it seems to work. Yea light weights suck but I have to do it. Wondering maybe if when I was on 1-AD if I pushed it too much on the curls. I'd say so, lol..........Hope it goes away soon. Goodluck to you too.....................

I don't have this issue in my bi cep but i do have it in my elbow. it is called golfers elbow in my case. Been deeling with the pain for over 6 mnths. Went to the doc and he gave me a shot all better went back to lifting. well injured it again and now I am in PT plus another shot. make sure you streach really well before you work out and get that are warmed up. Ice it when you come home. And go see a doc. good luck.

I had forearm tendonitis, and some in my elbow from ez bar curls. I stopped using the bar for about a month and used only dumb bells and it went away.

I myself have had a variety of knee problems. The only thing that ever seems to help (which sucks) is the R.I.C.E. method. Rest,ice, compression, elevation. MSM COULD work, but it'll be a long while before you feel the effects. For now, lay off of it and go to a doc.

trying

Yea I try to go slow on curls and light weight but it seems to be taking forever to get over this! Isn't Deca good for joint pain/relief?

Its tendonitis, I have the same thing, Hammers will aggravate it the most. I take Arnica pills and topical rub. It will take a couple of weeks and it would be best to stop any exercise that aggravates it. If you don't it can effect not only the front side of the upper forearm but the rear side also, this runs into the elbow. Hurts like a mofo. I found the movement in hammers is what really causes the problem. I use the same movement in strumming the guitar and that even aggravates it. Arnica is all natural and can be found in a health store. My pills are made by Hyland's and come in a small bottle of 250. I follow the directions and take 4 under the tongue 4 times a day. I don't know the size; all it says is 30x on the front. The rub is odorless and made by NatraBio and is applied 2-3 times a day. Hope this helps.

Back