Tennis elbow ??????

cyto33

i've gone to the doctor over the pain i have in Both elbows.
from what i've read i think it's tennis elbow caused from doing DB preacher curls.
i told the doctor this and he right away jumped on arthrits just because my father has it. WTF.
this is the same doctor that jumped on me about depression cause my mother has it. i had burn out from over working.

so the pain i have here causes me to lift a lot lighter then i normaly do. i have droped the weight from 65lbs to 30lbs each arm and this still feels like a screw driver is being pushed into my joint. the pain starts in the tri and the forearm and is directed into the elbow. i have been working through the pain for more then a month.
the doctor had me go for exrays 2 days ago and i find out next week. i'm looking at starting a new cycle in January but i want to be in perfect shape when i start.
what do you guys think. Naproxen works good for the elbow. this is an antiflamatory.

fill some dixie cups with water and freeze them, and then when you get done working out, ice/massage them using the dixie cup shaped ice cubes and take about 800 mg a day of ibprofen.
thats what worked for me, i still get it every once in a while, but just gotta keep icing them. also, inzer makes some really nice elbow sleeves that will eliminate a lot of that elbow pain. also, check your bench form too... if your elbows are flared out too much it will put stress on ur elbows as well.

just my 2 cents :)

i have had it years a go and i saw a sport doc ''they r the ones that treat this problem''he gave me two options 1.a warm up instuction to cure the problem 2.a cortizone shot, but that won't solve anything in the long run. i took the shot a couple of weeks later i was alright joint felt lubricated. then a few months later the pain comes back .then i tried the warm up ''grab a hammer not just any hammer i mean a hevy hammer with your arm extended foward on a table let it fall slowly to left untill the hammer touch the table then reverse kind a twisting your hand''man its painful after a few months later the pain went a way and now everynow and then it comes back and i do that warm up and it goes away .. dude go with option 2.. A side option 3. i recomend deca it will help you alot ..good luck

thanks guys this will help for sure when i go back to the doc. i will have some options. i just really hope he tells me IT'S NOT arthritis.

Ok is the pain in the tendon area of the bicep or tricep? I know you described it earlier however it seems doing the opposite muscle group is aggravating the problem. Also if there is a movement that is causing issues STOP it until things get back to normal. Plenty of other exercises. Also as I have bad problems with both bicep and tricep tendons I warm up with several sets of 30 reps before doing anything stretch and if needed do a few more and that dosent incluude my normal warmup sets.

thanks guys this will help for sure when i go back to the doc. i will have some options. i just really hope he tells me IT'S NOT arthritis.

What the fuck U doing playin tennis?? LMAO!:devil:

You need a new Doctor....

My elbow bother's me all the time, just got over a 4 month case of Bursitis..

Compression when your working out, elbow brace, and ice for 25 min..

I fill a freezer bag about 4" and add rubbing alcohol, then freeze, it lowers the freezing point so its colder and will contour to what your icing...

Ok is the pain in the tendon area of the bicep or tricep? I know you described it earlier however it seems doing the opposite muscle group is aggravating the problem. Also if there is a movement that is causing issues STOP it until things get back to normal. Plenty of other exercises. Also as I have bad problems with both bicep and tricep tendons I warm up with several sets of 30 reps before doing anything stretch and if needed do a few more and that dosent incluude my normal warmup sets.

its tennis elbow meaning :tendons elbow''however tennise player do get it alot cause of the elbow movement and the preasure they put on the elbow..and thats how it got its name because of the tennise players..now to possibly cure the problem one way is how i explaind earlier..its painful

hi
i'm a physical Therapist;here is a part of an article that explains your forearm and tricep pain, which results in elbow pain, seeing as that is the joint across which those two connect.
"When performing the barbell curl the first concern is to determine the grip width on the bar. Traditionally we are taught to use a “shoulder width grip”. Now, if you’ve ever attempted this on a regular basis and with considerable weight, you may have detected a sensation that, for lack of better terms, I describe as a “shin-splint” type pain deep within in the wrist forearms or elbow. This is due to the fact that a shoulder width grip on a straight bar violates a key aspect of the skeletal anatomy…the carrying angle.

If you stand in front of a mirror with your arms at your sides and fully supinate (palms forward) you will notice that your hands do not hang at shoulder width. This lateral angle that appears at the elbow (outward bend of the forearm) is the carrying angle. To grasp a straight bar without recognizing and allowing for your individual carrying angle is a true violation of joint limits and function. Allowing for the carrying angle usually results in a grip that is only an inch or two wider than shoulder width. If you look in the mirror and it appears that your hands are eight inches wider than your shoulders, you may need to check the position of your upper arm. Did you turn your entire arm outward instead of just supinating (turning the palm)? If you’re looking at the inside of your upper arm and elbow in the mirror, then you probably moved more than just your hand/forearm."

meanwhile i would recommend not using preacher curls, which might mean you have to lower the weight, but would prevent the pain long term.

now if you want to increase your lifting angle, you need to strengthen your rotator cuff muscles and increase available external rotation in shoulder.
since you are a BB, with that kind of muscle mass it is safe to assume you have reduced shoulder external rotation :)

the rotator cuff muscles are very small internal stabilizing muscles, there is no need to work them to exhaustion or with heavy weight.

here is an external rotation rotator cuff exercise.
View attachment 532481
This exercise can be done by using a door and a elastic band. Start by wrapping one end around a door knob or something stationary. Then with your opposite arm holding the band and your elbow tight into your body (and at a 90 deg angle) externally rotate your arm so that your palm is now facing the front. Return slowly to the starting position.
do this at least twice a week.
i highly recommend you add this to your training, to increase your lifting angle, and to maintain the health of your shoulder and elbow joint.

let me know if you have any questions
H :)

hi
i'm a physical Therapist;here is a part of an article that explains your forearm and tricep pain, which results in elbow pain, seeing as that is the joint across which those two connect.
"When performing the barbell curl the first concern is to determine the grip width on the bar. Traditionally we are taught to use a “shoulder width grip”. Now, if you’ve ever attempted this on a regular basis and with considerable weight, you may have detected a sensation that, for lack of better terms, I describe as a “shin-splint” type pain deep within in the wrist forearms or elbow. This is due to the fact that a shoulder width grip on a straight bar violates a key aspect of the skeletal anatomy…the carrying angle.

If you stand in front of a mirror with your arms at your sides and fully supinate (palms forward) you will notice that your hands do not hang at shoulder width. This lateral angle that appears at the elbow (outward bend of the forearm) is the carrying angle. To grasp a straight bar without recognizing and allowing for your individual carrying angle is a true violation of joint limits and function. Allowing for the carrying angle usually results in a grip that is only an inch or two wider than shoulder width. If you look in the mirror and it appears that your hands are eight inches wider than your shoulders, you may need to check the position of your upper arm. Did you turn your entire arm outward instead of just supinating (turning the palm)? If you’re looking at the inside of your upper arm and elbow in the mirror, then you probably moved more than just your hand/forearm."

meanwhile i would recommend not using preacher curls, which might mean you have to lower the weight, but would prevent the pain long term.

now if you want to increase your lifting angle, you need to strengthen your rotator cuff muscles and increase available external rotation in shoulder.
since you are a BB, with that kind of muscle mass it is safe to assume you have reduced shoulder external rotation :)

the rotator cuff muscles are very small internal stabilizing muscles, there is no need to work them to exhaustion or with heavy weight.

here is an external rotation rotator cuff exercise.
View attachment 532481
This exercise can be done by using a door and a elastic band. Start by wrapping one end around a door knob or something stationary. Then with your opposite arm holding the band and your elbow tight into your body (and at a 90 deg angle) externally rotate your arm so that your palm is now facing the front. Return slowly to the starting position.
do this at least twice a week.
i highly recommend you add this to your training, to increase your lifting angle, and to maintain the health of your shoulder and elbow joint.

let me know if you have any questions
H :)
i a gree thanks 4 th info

preacher curls always give me pain in that region so I never do them

Lifting Angle limitations are the reason for this.
this happens to alot of guys... and girls :)

oh and if ever any of you go to your GP, and without any serious testing they tell you you have ARTHRITIS... arthros= joint itis= inflamation
so basically joint inflamation.
it is kind of this word that's throne around a lot.
if our body mechaniques are incorrect (such as in the case of the lifting angle) we rub on tendons ligaments and other soft tissues, creating inflamtion in our joints.

i'm not on the comp over the weekends sorry.

Intell, thank you so much that is some excellent info i will use. i will work on the externall rotaion sarting today. i have had rotor surgery2 years ago (my ladder broke over a hoistway) and saying the feeling is like shine spints is the perfect way to say how it feels.
i'm 34 and i have never played tennis before. lol but that would look funny as hell this 6foot 216lbs chasinf a little green ball. fuck that.
hungrychicken the pain comes from the bicept curls and focuses in the forarm to centre of the elbow. i hope i replyed to all and i thank you.

i'm not on the comp over the weekends sorry.

Intell, thank you so much that is some excellent info i will use. i will work on the externall rotaion sarting today. i have had rotor surgery2 years ago (my ladder broke over a hoistway) and saying the feeling is like shine spints is the perfect way to say how it feels.
i'm 34 and i have never played tennis before. lol but that would look funny as hell this 6foot 216lbs chasinf a little green ball. fuck that.
hungrychicken the pain comes from the bicept curls and focuses in the forarm to centre of the elbow. i hope i replyed to all and i thank you.

Hi Cyto,
especially since you have had rotator cuff surgery, keep your reps very low when starting external rotation exercises, and very light resistance.
as you perform them, try to keep your shoulders down,(away from ears) and kepp your collar bones open, not allowing shoulders to round forward.

once you start doing biceps again, i suggest to stick to dumbbells or EZ-bar, Dumbbells are better, but both will allow your wrist and elbow to align with your shoulder range, protecting your forearm and elbow.
still avoid preachers, those increase the stress on wrist, elbow and shoulder.
IM

Back