Test Cypionate at 200mg per week for 4 or 5 years

solcraft said:
any proof? or just heresay. i think its all in the way you go about it, bloodwork etc...
Come on guys! You know what they give males for contraception? 200mg/week Test Cyp...I personally know of couples who have gotten pregnant while the guy was on juice. My only point was that it's clear that it is LESS LIKELY that you will be able to conceive while on a long term cycle, even if it's Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). Sheesh...

Last edited:
DocJ said:
Come on guys! You know what they give males for contraception? 200mg/week Test Cyp...I personally know of couples who have gotten pregnant while the guy was on juice. My only point was that it's clear that it is LESS LIKELY that you will be able to conceive while on a long term cycle, even if it's Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). Sheesh...
while i dont completely agree that there is any scientific backing, i do see your point. however i think that with proper management and oversight it is a feasiable option, not one that alot would condone though.- yeah, and my wife just gave birth to our second son (2boys,1 girl) and i know for a fact that i was "on" when she got knocked up. of course he was born at 55lbs, a full beard, and able to curl a milk jug, but other than that ....... :baby:

Here's some food for thought - especially for guys on TRT/HRT - being that Cypionate takes several weeks to kick in - if one is taking 150mg per week, every week, and then boosts up to 600mg for a 12 week cycle, would it still take several weeks for that kick-in? Or would the 600mg go to work quickly - thus, leaving no need for a fast acting steroid in addition, like Dianabol?

Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab: 2006 Jan;2(1):32-41
Drug insight: Recent advances in male hormonal contraception.Amory JK, Page ST, Bremner WJ.
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA. jamory@u.washington.edu

As there are limitations to current methods of male contraception, research has been undertaken to develop hormonal contraceptives for men, analogous to the methods for women based on estrogen and progestogens. When testosterone is administered to a man, it functions as a contraceptive by suppressing the secretion of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) from the pituitary gland. Since these hormones are the main stimulatory signals for spermatogenesis, low levels of LH and FSH markedly impair sperm production. After 3-4 months of testosterone treatment, 60-70% of men no longer have sperm in their ejaculate, and most other men exhibit markedly diminished sperm counts. Male hormonal contraception is well tolerated, free of serious adverse side effects, and 95% effective in the prevention of pregnancy. Importantly, male hormonal contraception is reversible, with sperm counts usually recovering within 4 months of the discontinuation of hormone treatment. Because exogenous testosterone administration alone does not completely suppress sperm production in all men, researchers have combined testosterone with second agents, such as progestogens or gonadotropin-releasing-hormone antagonists, to further suppress secretion of LH and FSH and improve suppression of spermatogenesis. Recent trials have used combinations of long-acting injectable or implantable forms of testosterone with progestogens, which can be administered orally, by injection or by a long-acting implant. Such combinations suppress spermatogenesis to zero without severe side effects in 80-90% of men, with near-complete suppression in the remainder of individuals. One of these testosterone and progestogen combination regimens might soon bring the promise of male hormonal contraception to fruition.

PMID: 16932251 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

DocJ Hypothesis: Men using HRT could improve their chances of conceiving by taking regular small doses of HCG or HMG with clomid.

Sal Collaziano said:
Here's some food for thought - especially for guys on TRT/HRT - being that Cypionate takes several weeks to kick in - if one is taking 150mg per week, every week, and then boosts up to 600mg for a 12 week cycle, would it still take several weeks for that kick-in? Or would the 600mg go to work quickly - thus, leaving no need for a fast acting steroid in addition, like Dianabol?

The 600 mg would take just as long to release as any other drug with that ester.

Sal Collaziano said:

it doesn take "a couple of weeks to kick in" ... it takes 12-36 hours (about). thats only a few days to me. it does take a few weeks to get to the max though

DocJ said:
Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab: 2006 Jan;2(1):32-41
Drug insight: Recent advances in male hormonal contraception.Amory JK, Page ST, Bremner WJ.
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA. jamory@u.washington.edu

As there are limitations to current methods of male contraception, research has been undertaken to develop hormonal contraceptives for men, analogous to the methods for women based on estrogen and progestogens. When testosterone is administered to a man, it functions as a contraceptive by suppressing the secretion of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) from the pituitary gland. Since these hormones are the main stimulatory signals for spermatogenesis, low levels of LH and FSH markedly impair sperm production. After 3-4 months of testosterone treatment, 60-70% of men no longer have sperm in their ejaculate, and most other men exhibit markedly diminished sperm counts. Male hormonal contraception is well tolerated, free of serious adverse side effects, and 95% effective in the prevention of pregnancy. Importantly, male hormonal contraception is reversible, with sperm counts usually recovering within 4 months of the discontinuation of hormone treatment. Because exogenous testosterone administration alone does not completely suppress sperm production in all men, researchers have combined testosterone with second agents, such as progestogens or gonadotropin-releasing-hormone antagonists, to further suppress secretion of LH and FSH and improve suppression of spermatogenesis. Recent trials have used combinations of long-acting injectable or implantable forms of testosterone with progestogens, which can be administered orally, by injection or by a long-acting implant. Such combinations suppress spermatogenesis to zero without severe side effects in 80-90% of men, with near-complete suppression in the remainder of individuals. One of these testosterone and progestogen combination regimens might soon bring the promise of male hormonal contraception to fruition.

PMID: 16932251 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

DocJ Hypothesis: Men using HRT could improve their chances of conceiving by taking regular small doses of HCG or HMG with clomid.
thats what i'm talking about-backing up a statement with some research. right on.

^ but its not proving his point though. its saying it might be harder . where as the original arguement was you cuoldnt have kids

skarhead1 said:
it doesn take "a couple of weeks to kick in" ... it takes 12-36 hours (about). thats only a few days to me. it does take a few weeks to get to the max though
I thought most people started making their noticeable gains and strength increases after 4-5 weeks...

skarhead1 said:
^ but its not proving his point though. its saying it might be harder . where as the original arguement was you cuoldnt have kids
I said that you "likely" wouldn't be able to...the study I posted backs this up. The bottom line is: if you are trying to get your partner pregnant and want the BEST chance of it happening in a reasonable period of time, you should be "off" and recovered from cycling. Also, I never claimed that people on HRT couldn't ever have kids...there's clear research that shows that men can come off HRT and use HCG/HMG/Clomid to recover well enough to conceive.

Last edited:
solcraft said:
thats what i'm talking about-backing up a statement with some research. right on.
Frankly, I didn't think I needed to...thought this was common knowledge :)

Sal Collaziano said:
I thought most people started making their noticeable gains and strength increases after 4-5 weeks...

Its when the test builds up at it's peak but its definately in the system way before that. and you should/probably will feel it/experience sides within a few days

it is like anything i n your body it just because it is in your system it does not mean that it gives results immedatly, it takes time to build up

its working it just takes awhile for the results to start to show... my sex drive shoots up within a few days of taking a shot of test

i think he was asking if he would get used to the test and then people are answering the wrong question. i dont think its stupid at all. if hes willing to do it for the rest of his life then their is nothing wrong with it.

Back