Testosterone and Alcohol/Binge Drinking - Psychological Problems

TaylorUK

Hi all,

First post and I know there is a better suited sub-forum, but I've noticed it's not well viewed.

I'm hoping some of you might be able to help me with something...

I'm 37 and I've been on TRT at 2x200mg a week for a few years now with no sides and nothing but positive physical and mental benefits.

Being British I grew up binge drinking now and then and, whilst I've had some blackout nights, I've never been worse than loud and/or sloppy.

Twice in 2 months now I've taken a jab and immediately after quickly consumed enough alcohol to get pretty much anyone drunk.

Both times I've woken up the next day to be told I was acting like an insane person: aggressive to people I love, including spitting and shouting non stop, ranting about thngs that I'm genuinely not angry about, paranoid, confused etc. Lots of things that I know aren't lurking in me waiting for a disinhibitor to 'let out'.

>>>Has anyone else experienced Hulk / Jekyll & Hyde episodes whilst mixing test and large amounts of alcohol?

Again, I've drunk way more, many times before, but never experienced anything remotely like this before.

Thanks in advance all.

EDIT: I should say, I realise alcohol is the problem, not the test and I have already got help and made changes on that front. It's the specific and extreme reaction which has thrown me and a couple of doctors have said it's the combination.

Last edited:
I would say it's the alcohol. You should probably seek help. You obviously got a big problem and it's not the test...

I would say it's the alcohol. You should probably seek help. You obviously got a big problem and it's not the test...

I have immediately sought help, made changes and of course the alcohol is the problem, not the test. The test has been nothing but positive. I'm just asking if anyone has seen alcohol abuse be extra detrimental when in conjunction with.

I haven't plucked this notion out of thin air by the way, two different doctors with relevant backgrounds have suggested the combination is the likely cause, as well as some anecdotes I've heard.

Alcohol s useless and I m German.
Alcohol and test is stupid.
Don t need help. Stop drinking; stop consorting with those who do. U cannot have a pint or two you get fucked up.

Stop
Train
Have lot s of sex.
I know it s part of the Brit mentality but it s gonna kill you...which is not cool but if you are responsible for killing or maiming others you HAVE to kill yourself.
Stop. U do not need counseling you need to just stop.

Sorry I beat opiate addiction w o drug treatment or sub oxone or any crutch.
Stop it.

Last edited:
Well if what u said in your edit is true then ur already winning the battle OP. Quoting drinking is vital so stick with it however u gotta do it. If it helps getting help so be it. Do it on your own. Either way, as said alcohol is the problem, not test. So staying away from it is the answer for u. And like T, I've been down the road of addiction to different substances so I can empathize with you. I've walked a mile in your shoes bro. Good luck.

Time to set the bottle down & be responsible. If you can't manage the dedication of quitting alcohol how do you expect to be able to have the dedication & follow through to manage being on TRT to improving your health.
Drop the booze, or deal with the sides of low T.

Time to set the bottle down & be responsible. If you can't manage the dedication of quitting alcohol how do you expect to be able to have the dedication & follow through to manage being on TRT to improving your health.
Drop the booze, or deal with the sides of low T.

Good point. I don't think you can have both. A drink once in a while is one thing but a drinking problem is another.

dont blame the steroids for your addiction to alcohol and how it makes you act towards people..

you have a drinking problem.. its plain and simple.. that is a disease.. an addiction

no one looks down at another person for having cancer.. that is a disease..

you need to get treatment.. and help yourself.. its simple as that..

good luck my friend!

My wife was addicted to opiates for 6 years and quit on her own with no meetings and no support from a other medications. An addiction is an addiction and it is hard to beat but OP you can do it you've already recognized the problem now you just need to make the change

OK man it's hard. Many of us have been in your shoes. Myself drugs n alcohol, mostly drugs. I had to detox in a hospital. Maybe you don't have a situation where you need to detox ya know I mean getting sick.

I found AA not NA for me and I followed there direction. I am clean now 5 years.....

Good luck

Just to clarify, at no point have I blamed the test here. That as a baseline with nothing else has been great for my life. Of course alcohol is the problem (well rather my relationship with it, alcohol of itself like all drugs is benign, we are the abusers) and that's being addressed.

My 'hindsight' question is if anyone has had an 'episode' by mixing the two.

Thanks for the kindness to a stranger supportive messages by the way guys.

Addiction s not a f k n desease..it s a conscious choice to imbibe in something u know can be a catalyst to disaster .
Obesity not a desease either...it s libgeral b s like that , that has everyone who uncomfortable get sympathetic nod and a classification.

Gut the fuck up.

Stop

I never considered my addiction to a disease. I think IMOP the label disease seem to lighted the responsibility of a person...hence some sympathy . A scape goat for relapse.

AA telling people that go out / relapse and come in the rooms again are told "Oh it's ok because you've come back in....

Alcoholism Is Not a Disease

History and science have shown us that the existence of the disease of alcoholism is pure speculation. Just saying alcoholism is a disease, doesn't make it true. Nevertheless, medical professionals and American culture enthusiastically embraced the disease concept and quickly applied it to every possible behavior from alcohol abuse to compulsive lecturing and nail biting. The disease concept was a panacea for many failing medical institutions and pharmaceutical companies, adding billions of dollars to the industry and leading to a prompt evolution of pop-psychology. Research has shown that alcoholism is a choice, not a disease, and stripping alcohol abusers of their choice, by applying the disease concept, is a threat to the health of the individual. - See more at: Alcoholism is Not a Disease

I just wanted to get high and so it is a conscious act.... nothing drove me and it isn't out of anger and stress (for me) I just like getting high.

Last edited:
Most of my family are alcoholics/drug addicts. I'm not. I don't believe in that "product of your environment" bullshit either.

Unfortunately once you get to the blackout state of mind it progressively comes more frequent. I've been there it's no fun.

If you don't stop drinking...one day you may wake up and find out you did something far worse than being stupid and obnoxious.

Put the alcohol down and hit the gym. Working out is the best addiction.

Man I've watched my wife go through opiate and alcohol dependency... it truly is a evil thing.... it's been the hardest few years of my life..
Think about all the people you are hurting in the process!! Ditch the bottle it's an awful thing to do to yourself.. dedicate yourself 110% to training and nutrition and never look back...

This shit will fuck your life

No joke

Back