Testosterone Enanthate only cycle - 1st in 14 years of training on/off

What was the average body weight gain on 1st cycle? [All AAS are qualified for poll]

• 10-19 pounds

Votes: 43 53.1%
  • 20-24 pounds

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • 25-29 pounds

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • 30-34 pounds

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 35-39 pounds

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 40-44l pounds

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
A really good log. Very helpful for all us noobs.

Do you have any progress pics?

Thanks bro. :smoker:

Sorry, no progress pictures. :sad: I looked like a blowfish for the first 8 weeks, then after that i got much more solid once into the 13-14thth week, upon starting Anavar in the 12th week.

Furthermore, as it was my first cycle Matt, i focused more on the strength & muscle mass and relatively little on how i looked in the mirror. I stayed relatively lean, I did not add fat like some suggest on T/E only cycles. One reason why i focused on the strength and muscle mass is because I always felt that i lacked in the strength department, especially for bench press and bicep muscle mass. In the latter weeks, the 20mg Anavar made a huge difference in solidifying what i had and in terms of strength - breaking strength plateaus that were 12 weeks old.

Last edited:
"What was the average body weight gain on 1st cycle?"

Results are rather interesting. We got a few anomalies for those who made much more exceptional gains.

On average ONLY 6.06% users gained 35-44 pounds. Pretty amazing. :bowdown:

The majority gained 10-19 pounds at a rate of 54.55%. :69:

The second major gainers were in the 20-29 pound category at 39.39%. :biggthump

Since i cannot vote again, I will note this here. From start to finish i gained at its peak 32 pounds, and would fall into one of the unchecked boxes so far. The initiation of cypionate did this. Other than that i had peaked at 243-244lb prior to that 8-10 weeks earlier.

Last edited:
Anavar completed at 20mg on workout days only last 3 wks up till April 23

Saturday April 23, 2011 Trained shoulders/Bi's

No cardio

Military Press (supersetted w/ preachers)
1*95lb *10
2*135lb * 8-10
3*185lb * 4 8 7 reps (soldiered through this, right shoulder was still very very painful from front squats completed April 5th)

Preacher curl
6*55-115lb *10 -12 reps

Behind the neck shoulder press (supersetted w/ ez bar curls)
3*135* 8
1*95 * 10 reps

EZ bar curls
4* 65lb* 10-12 reps

Dumbbell Lateral raises (Rear delts and behind the neck supersetted)
4*30-40* 8-12 reps

Rear delts (cable)
4* 110* 10-12

Behind the neck Barbell Shrugs
4*195lb * 7-10 reps

Upright rows
1* 135lb * 6 (barely)
3* 95lb * 8-10 reps

Smith Machine shrugs
4* 8-10 45s total * 6-12
2 sets = 1 taking advantage of both up and down sloping angles for max effect.

Pullups (bodyweight)
1* 6 reps
Due to unbearable pain in left elbow and right shoulder unable to complete

Concentration curls
4*30-35 * 10-12 reps

Abs
3* Straight leg raises (both supersetted)*20-25 reps
3* Leg raises (Knees bent) * 10-15 reps
Before last leg major cramp in lower abdominal region with unbearable pain. Until Anavar usage, this had never happened in all my years of workout. The one that happened before this felt like i did some major internal damage. Was ok after about 10 minutes of intense pain.

Anomalies
This was last day on 20mg Anavar. Spasms and cramps are still a major problem at this stage.

BW at this stage bodyweight was averaging 237-240lb

1 more session completed April 20th was most likely Bi/Tris. I recall missing 2 body parts that week due to unbearable right shoulder pain. Nevertheless, what's important for me is being able to track progress by keeping up the same training regimen and attempting to maintain muscle mass & strength gained on cycle.

So far i am holding up fine, other than the shoulder pain, debilitating pains/pumps, muscle spasms, cramps holding me back during cycle at times, and the flu the last 2 weeks throwing my game off.

I have done no formal PCT, as i noted in one of the above logs, after having been on maintenance doses since the first week of March at 250mg T/E. I see no need at this time.

Other than that everything is on the up and up.

No loss of hair

No excess growth of hair

Cholesterol at peak was 6.4 for LDL (or was that the total ratio?) and HDL lowered to 3.5. Reviewed these prior reports this Monday with doctor (May 2nd), doctor said those numbers are not a problem and fall w/in the mean average. Looking to due follow up next week.

Roid rage - no. If one is not prone too out bursts in general, you are safe. If "assholery" is part of one's nature, one should take the initiative to mitigate it under any circumstances IMHO. Steroid users are judged and punished more severly than crack, meth, and heroin addicts by our criminal justice system. The less society knows the more naive and stupid they are. The media likes to keep them that way. :axe:

Cardiovascular problems - enlarged ventricles - no idea. Research suggests most weightlifters experience this over time. What i did have trouble with was heavy breathing after mild activity the first 8 weeks. Other people observed this more notably than did i. I noticed heavy breathing only while doing cardio once in a while, and not while walking around or anything even during heavy heavy workouts. The heart racing was another matter though. What i had a problem primarily was with the pains and pumps, which stopped me about a dozen times from completing a workout. And other times i had to stretch extensively to relieve the lower back. Going for walks, to the mall, grocery store was made difficult more than a few times by the aggravation of the lower leg pumps and pain.

Deepening of voice - to a degree yes. I believe at the bass level. I naturally have a very deep voice.

Prostate enlargement - no idea. Doctor did bring this up. I will also include this in next check up.

Kidney problems - Should be no problems. The urine was primarily light to this type of yellow :flipoff:. A little off, but some of you get the idea. :dunno:

Immune System Changes - no immunosuppressive actions or reactions experienced.

Sterility - no idea. But no problems - no rush for kids. :wink2:

Mild acne from time to time only on face - no scarring.

No gyno - other than mild symptoms twice. Took 10-20mg Nolvadex regiment for a few days and was good to go.

Lower back pain/pumps - were severe at times that it got in the way of workouts and daily routines as noted above under cardiovascular health.

Libido loss for a few days after i hit day 8-10 after injection while on maintenance doses. Lately the lack of libido, i felt after the 14th day for about 3-4 days.

Blood Pressure is perfect (monitored multiple times a week on cycle)
Average 139-141 Diastolic - Systolic 73's been the magic number for a while. I thought it was too low several times. Average is still w/in the same threshold. The latter systolic number right on the money.

Heart rate is averaging 71 after a few minutes of mild activity, such as walking now or stairs. Upon resting it falls to the low to mid 60s. While on cycle the blood pressure remained perfect, while the heart rate average was 96-105 after mild activity (i.e. walking around). It remained elevated until about the 12th week. Then rose again after i initiated Cypionate for a weeks from T-enanthate.

If i missed anything above in terms of side effects please mention it, i will edit this log.

Will follow up w/ bloodtest next week after being off for 4 weeks from any T/E shots.

Last edited:
1st cycle completed 11/25/10 to 03/11.
Peak BW 246lb from 214lb
ON HRT
250mg Test every 14 days.
+50mcg Synthroid ED
Body weight 237-239lb average (all of April)

Before i update this. I want to note this in the logs.

Last HRT shot was completed Sunday April 10th.

Present BW 233-234lb.

PCT in 2nd week

I have done no formal PCT, as i noted in one of the above logs, after having been on maintenance doses since the first week of March at 250mg T/E. I see no need at this time.

Not the case anymore.

I have formally started 10mg Nolvadex (***** ******)
ED as of Friday May 6. Today is the 12th day on.

This coming Sunday (May 22, 11), I will have been off of HRT dosage for 6 weeks. Cycle was completed 1st week of March 2011.

Initially as i had indicated above, i had no plans to do post cycle therapy (pct). I figured and foolishly second guessed initial plan that since i was only taking HRT dosages no need for post cycle therapy (pct). :insane: :stickpoke However, due to very uncomfortable and *sensitive feeling in the nipples going into 4th week, i took the initiative.

I was feeling especially sensitive on the left nipple. When there were any signs of gyno, i always felt it on the left nipple acting up first. This happened twice on cycle once on Dec 26, 11 and once in March, when i switched from T-enanthate to T-Cypionate. After this i commenced HRT dosages with every 8 or 9th day injection, and thereafter exactly 14 days.

As of the last few days any signs of irritation or sensitiveness is mitigated completely. I continue to monitor myself.

Last edited:
consolidated workout log from May 3-17th

Last log of workout recorded is from Monday May 2nd. Since the workouts and routine remains similar and the cycle is completed, i will do a consolidated report for the past 2 weeks.

FYI
- I continue to workout 3-4 times a week.
- Cardiovascular exercise is ramped up. Focus is on interval training to preserve muscle. Heart is monitored with heart rate monitor during cardio. I am having no problems doing cardio for 20m or 60 minutes straight on stair climber. For those wondering why stair climber? I choose it because it is harder than any other cardio exercise. With any type of running, i lose muscle mass very fast, as such that is avoided.

On cycle as i have reported in a number of logs, i was lucky to do 5 good minutes of cardio on the lowest levels w/out getting very serious pumps followed by pain. Now no such problems exist since early April. Even on T/E maintenance dosage i felt wind taken out me with the pumps/pain -- doing every day activities, after it kicks in within 24-48 hours.

STRENGTH WISE
- This past Saturday May 14, 2011 i bested my previous 185lb * 7-10 rep military press with 195lb for 7 reps.
- Barbell Bench press 245lb*8-9 reps (max while on cycle was 10 reps). Nothing lost in terms of strength, however usually doing it after cardio now + left elbow pain keeping me back a little
- Smith machine squat Olympic style 335lb*6-8 reps. I can do 60lb higher doing parallel squat with same number of reps. All i focused on the last 12 weeks+ is on Olympic style squat. I find Olympic style to be less straining on the knees, much less.

PAINS AND ACHES
- Lately over the last few weeks left elbow pain holds me back. At times i find it difficult to do one pull-up properly, as elbow feels like it will rip off from the arm.
- Shoulders are much better now that i have stopped front squats. I get the occasional pains from regular workouts, but that's routine.
- Initially i alluded to the fact that i was getting more pains because the water retained in joints was gone after T/E stoppage, especially the first time on cycle i felt in it in the knees -- following 60m of stair climber. That is not the case. What ever pains i had i.e. elbows/shoulder come and go as usual. What i have now is further exacerbated by Synthroid IMO. As some of you who have read this log closely know, that some pains and aches result from trauma injuries, and are likely to stick with me for a long time. Ironically, that is the reason i started posted "anomalies" at the end of my logs, as i ONLY had those complains.

ANOMALIES
- I have started supplementing with 1 protein shake in the mornings since last Monday May 9, 2011. For about 6 weeks i had stopped all shakes, supplements, vitamins all together to let the body cleanse itself.
- Since i started synthroid intake initial effect was to increase the appetite. One other side effect i noticed was increased frequency and duration in urination. The body seems to be getting rid of more water. In the morning i take it with 450-500ml and 1 hour later you have to go for number one. Normally, this was not the case. Or maybe it's because i take on an empty stomach.

MEASUREMENTS
- Left arm 17" from 18". Right 17 1/4" to 16 1/4 Measured Monday afternoon (no workout). i have lost 1" girth on each arm. :nonono2:
:xmas:
-Luckily, all the old clothes are starting fit again, as of the last few weeks. A few weeks into cycle i had to change entire wardrobe. Pants still remain a problem due to quad girth and having to get larger size pants. I have not lost more than 1-2" on quads,if any.

BW 231-233lb w/ clothes
Since i got sick about a week ago for 2 weeks, i had lost 10 pounds peak to trough. Whatever i have lost, i have kept off.

Last edited:
Update post cycle Last shot completed was April 10, 2011

Consolidated log report from May 18-June 11, 2011

It has been almost a month since last log. I will do another post cycle update.

Presently on
50mcg synthroid only.

Diet (Veggie)
Calorie intake 3000-4000 daily. Mostly fresh vegetables on a daily basis, milk, and cheese, no meats or fish. Eggs eaten only occasionally.

Occasional protein shake

No vitamins or anything additional lately.

Body weight
Ranging from 228-236lb last 4 weeks. BW dropping due to rapid increase in temps outside -- in the greater Toronto area. Averaging 25-40 Celsius + last few weeks.

Furthermore, throwing in clenbuterol starting this past Monday for a additional kick. Only concern is maintaining LBM and strength.

STRENGTH LEVELS
Training 3* a week minimum.

Routine remains similar doing 4 sets * 4-10 reps with multiple drop sets for most exercises.

Focus is primarily on compound exercises that revolve around big movements i.e. bench, squat, barbell curls, shoulder press etc.

Lately cardio (last 4 weeks) is been kept to a minimum, with more every day physical activities outside the gym i.e. tennis, bike riding etc.

Bench Press
225*10-12 (This past Thursday could only do 9 + 1 assisted)
245*6-9 (Thursday could only do 6 + 1 assisted)

Decline bench
235*6-8
225*8-10 (past Thursday only 7 + 1 assisted rep )

Incline Bench Press
205lb*8-10
225*6-7

Something interesting i have been experiencing over the last 4-6 weeks - is akin to sudden loss of power in a motor vehicle. :freak: I can be doing a set and suddenly lose all the strength i.e. doing bench press even with 185lb or 135lb. Hence, i find onset of sudden exhaustion, since i been off cycle attempting the same weights and even much lower weights very psychologically defeating at times. Rapid build up of lactic acid? This is only felt primarily doing any chest exercises.

Military press (sitting)
195*6-8 (doing 10lb more than on cycle)

Dumbbell press
80*8-10

Smith machine squat (Olympic style)
285*10 (with ease)
335lb*6-8

Leg press (metal to metal)
8 plates each * 5-7 reps

Dead-lifts
375* 6-8 with ease

Anomalies
Initially after the first 4 weeks i felt a little puffiness and itchiness which led me to use Nolvadex for 13 days starting May 6th, 2011 till May 18th.

Some days i feel like i am holding much more water and body fat than usual. Other days feeling nice and lean. From time to time still feeling itchiness around the nipple area. Wednesday June 8, 2011 ordered prolactin, RBC, THS, testosterone, estradiol blood test to see where i am right now. Will follow up with results later this week.

Occasional zit from time to time. Not sure if this is accelerated due to restart of Vitamin A on a daily basis past past 4-5 weeks 0.025%. Furthermore, I can still feel the hormones fluctuating some weeks more than others up until a few weeks back. Now everything is normalized. The latter hormonal imbalance is likely due to my decision to fore go post cycle therapy (pct) in the beginning since i convinced myself i was on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) dosage. The Blood tests results should clarify things a little more this week.

Very bothersome pain in elbows many times over the last 8 weeks. I am not sure to what extent synthroid intake is increasing joint pain, but it is fairly bad - especially left. Bad enough that i cannot do 1 pull up some days due to unbearable pain.

Last edited:
Not the case anymore.

I have formally started 10mg Nolvadex (***** ******)
ED as of Friday May 6. Today is the 12th day on.

This coming Sunday (May 22, 11), I will have been off of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) dosage for 6 weeks. Cycle was completed 1st week of March 2011.

Initially as i had indicated above, i had no plans to do post cycle therapy (pct). I figured and foolishly second guessed initial plan that since i was only taking Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) dosages no need for post cycle therapy (pct). :insane: :stickpoke However, due to very uncomfortable and *sensitive feeling in the nipples going into 4th week, i took the initiative.

I was feeling especially sensitive on the left nipple. When there were any signs of gyno, i always felt it on the left nipple acting up first. This happened twice on cycle once on Dec 26, 11 and once in March, when i switched from T-enanthate to T-Cypionate. After this i commenced Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) dosages with every 8 or 9th day injection, and thereafter exactly 14 days.

As of the last few days any signs of irritation or sensitiveness is mitigated completely. I continue to monitor myself.

May 18th 10mg Nolvadex ED was completed. I felt fully recovered at this stage. Morning wood being back was the first sign of recovery, then how i felt on and off training.

Last edited:
Intermittent pain on the left nipple area. Going to doctor tonight again to request Prolactin and Free testosterone tests. Went in on Monday. The doctor said i was wasting tax payers money by requesting those tests, i told her you're wasting my time and walked out. Today, going into doctor that i normally see all the time.

As noted in log above. I have finally gone back to the doctor again this past Wednesday June 8, 2011, since last visit on May 4, 2011. Albeit a different doc this time to avoid hearing the morals about wasting precious health care resources.

Once i receive the test results i will be sure to scan and post them up. I have tests results prior to cycle, multiple tests during cycle, and now post cycle, with one blood work tests pending July 8th prior to endocrinologist booking.

Where am I 4 months later -- post T/E-Anavar cycle?

1st cycle 11/25/10-03/9/11 ^32lb
HRT 3/9/11-4/10/11
50mcg T3 ED
BW 232-234lb (4/4/11)

Lifts post cycle
Bench 245*8-9
Smith squat 335*8-10
Deadlift 375*8

"50mcg T3 ED"Typo - 50mcg T4 not T3 (4*as strong as T4 mg per mg basis)

Some details since cycle completion almost 4 months ago.

BW = 228-232lb
I have kept a good 16-18 pounds in my estimation. Before cycle in Dec 2010, i was hovering around low 210s, some days low as 208. As far as i can remember day before i was 213-214 (i used 214 figure post workout). Right now BW within 3-4 pound deviation - BW is hovering around 228-232.

LIFTS

Focus - primarily and solely compound movements during workouts 3* weekly

Barbell Bench Press 245*6-7
225*10-12 (on a good day can squeeze 12)

Smith squat 335lb*8-10 (Olympic style)
I always discount 30lb for the bar. In doing free weights, i notice little anomaly other than linear motion making it a little easier. I attempted Smith bench press vs barbell bench press, able to push out 1-2 reps more with same weight.

Deadlift 365*8 (fairly easy)
On cycle i was able to do these only intermittently due to the debilitating back pumps/pain. Hence, i am able to push myself much harder now. On cycle did everything Taurine, potassium, extra water, stretching - nothing really alleviated the pain. Too sensitive to T/E? Maybe. Was not on T4 at the time. I only started this April 6th, 2011.

FYI I keep a tab on the major movements on a weekly basis -doing the same movements week in and week out gives a fairly accurate gauge of strength and progress. These numbers above, i will use as a base for next cycle.

Upper body - Lost some strength. Yes - some. 20-30% in my estimation. Shoulders/chest primarily.

Lower body - As strong on cycle or stronger. I am training with full range of motion and currently on reduced volume training targeting 2 good sets with 8 reps. The last 4 weeks, i have been focusing on 8 reps max with 2 - maybe 3 good sets. I did not reduce volume early post cycle completion however.

Diet - vegetarian
No meat/fish - eggs occasionally only
I have been off all supplements/vitamins. I started tapering food intake towards end of cycle then eliminated everything altogether slowly. I find cycling food/supplements works in my favor in the past- so going to use same approach for next cycle.

Recovery - I believe i made a mistake in PCT, hence I did not recover fully. I had all compounds on hand Nolva/Clomid/HCG, but only utilized Nolva at the end - figuring i need less, because of the way i tapered off.

Last edited:
I see you're a vegetarian. Just curious what your diet looks like? I couldn't imagine ever making it to 200lbs if I didn't eat meat.

I did a test e only cycle last winter and was on a predominately raw diet with the exception of whey protein. Had it not been for the whey, there is no way I would maintained weight. By the time the cycle was over, I had only gained 10 lbs, but, my body fat was reduced dramatically and my bench had went from 275 max to 385 max and I could jump up and grab the rim playing ball. I'm 5'8

I wish I would have ran Nolvadex, though. I did have a bit of gyno for a few weeks. But, it went away after my balls quit looking like an 8 year olds ha.

I did a test e only cycle last winter and was on a predominately raw diet with the exception of whey protein. Had it not been for the whey, there is no way I would maintained weight. By the time the cycle was over, I had only gained 10 lbs, but, my body fat was reduced dramatically and my bench had went from 275 max to 385 max and I could jump up and grab the rim playing ball. I'm 5'8

I wish I would have ran Nolvadex, though. I did have a bit of gyno for a few weeks. But, it went away after my balls quit looking like an 8 year olds ha.

Zimmer amazing gains there bro on the Bench.

I could only ever touch (not grab) the RIM when i was under 195lb.

You had an excellent body recomposition, since your BW didn't move much - yet BF was reduced dramatically. Protein is key - vegetarian or not.

I used very little Nolva - recovered just fine, just took a few extra weeks. As to the testicular atrophy - i had very little to begin with.

I used very little Nolva - recovered just fine, just took a few extra weeks. As to the testicular atrophy - i had very little to begin with.

When the above is the case, does this have to do with whether or not the test was under dosed or does it all just vary with each individual?

I'm just curious. Because my atrophy was surprisingly severe. They came back relatively quickly, but it's obvious that we had quite a different experience.

When the above is the case, does this have to do with whether or not the test was under dosed or does it all just vary with each individual?

I'm just curious. Because my atrophy was surprisingly severe. They came back relatively quickly, but it's obvious that we had quite a different experience.

Zimmer IMHO it just varies from individual to individual. Mid 20s i was diagnosed with hypogonadism, that may have something to do with the lack of atrophy.

Even on my 2nd cycle (on 5months +)- the atrophy is i'd say about 25-30%.

Damn I didnt see that. 20 weeks. Did you get that from "300mg Vs 600mg of Testosterone"? Im thinking of doing that one too. But 300mg a week.

Back