Testosterone Enanthate only cycle - 1st in 14 years of training on/off

What was the average body weight gain on 1st cycle? [All AAS are qualified for poll]

• 10-19 pounds

Votes: 43 53.1%
  • 20-24 pounds

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • 25-29 pounds

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • 30-34 pounds

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 35-39 pounds

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 40-44l pounds

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
Started 50mcg Synthroid on the advice of endocrinologist

Thursday April 7, 2011 Bi's/Tri's

30m stairmaster

Took it fairly easy - right shoulder pain - quite problematic all of Tues night post workout, and Wednesday night resulting from front squats. Couldn't get beyond 15-30m naps all night long. Seems like a pinched nerve in shoulder. Finally starting to go away, as i apply Dr. Ho machine Sunday night (April 10th)

BI'S
Barbell Preacher Curls (Think bar 15 or 25lb - not sure. I will assume 15lb)
6* 65-105lb * 7-15 reps
Typically elbows kill in this as reported a few times in log, i usually ignore. No problems today - started off w/ these as to mitigate any problems. No problems nevertheless.

Dumbbell curls
4*35-40lb each * 7-10 reps

EZ Curl barbell curls (again assuming bar 15lb - not sure. Other one i use looks thicker, that is 25lb)
4*65-115lb *6-12 reps

TRI'S
Skull crushers
5*65-85lb*8-12 reps

Close grip bench
2*135*12-15 reps
3*185lb* 9-11 reps

EZ curl cable pushes
4*50-80*12-15 reps

No abs

DUE TO SHOULDER PAIN, NO BACK TRAINED LAST WEEK, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF DEAD-LIFTS TUESDAY NIGHT.

Last edited:
April 9, 2011 Trained shoulders

No cardio

Shoulder pain still quite persistent from Tuesday night front squats. Had great great difficulty doing overhead presses of any kind.

Cleans and Cleans presses
2*95lb*8 reps
4* 135*4-5 reps and 4-5 cleans
was having difficulty w/ this
2*185lb*1 reps barily and 2 cleans.

Military presses
4*95lb*7-8 reps
Normally no problems w/ double the weight same number of reps

Lateral raises
1*40lb*8 reps
3*35lb*8-10 reps
Each set followed w/ 1 drop set at 50% of the weight

Front raises
2*40lb*8-10
2*35*8-10 reps
Followed by 1 drop set

Machine rear delts (supersetted w/ sitting behind the neck shrugs)
4*95*10-12 reps

Sitting shrugs
4*2 45s each *8-10

Upright rows
4*135*8-10 reps

Shrugs
2* 4 45s each *8-12 reps
1*5 45s * 6-8 reps
1*6 45s each * 4-6 reps

No abs

Want to clear things up w/ endocrinologist this week. See if i can get synthroid, as family doctor recommended it given the bloodwork.

Wednesday April 6th (12:35pm) was booked with an endocrinologist.

Told doc exactly what i have been doing the past 4 months and my Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) in 2005. Was advised to get off Test for at least 2 months, so i can do the tests to clear things up to see if really low Test.

I requested to be put on something while i am waiting for the Testosterone to clear up. I will continue w/ 1-2 more shots to maintain homeostasis.

On the blood work THS levels are elevated to the point, where it will really slow down i was told in the future.

For the time being for hypogonadism, i have been prescribed.

Eltroxin 50mcg tab (GSK)
Levothyroxine Sodium tab 50mcg
3m dosage

So far i am finding immediately, that i am getting much hungrier on this.

As i experience any other benefits/side effects, i will keep the log updated.

Last edited:
Wednesday April 6th (12:35pm) was booked with an endocrinologist.

Told doc exactly what i have been doing the past 4 months and my Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) in 2005. Was advised to get off Test for at least 2 months, so i can do the tests to clear things up to see if really low Test.

I requested to be put on something while i am waiting for the Testosterone to clear up. I will continue w/ 1-2 more shots to maintain homeostasis.

On the blood work THS levels are elevated to the point, where it will really slow down i was told in the future.

For the time being for hypogonadism, i have been prescribed.

Eltroxin 50mcg tab (GSK)
Levothyroxine Sodium tab 50mcg
3m dosage

So far i am finding immediately, that i am getting much hungrier on this.

As i experience any other benefits/side effects, i will keep the log updated.

Also had Ultrasound done on the nodules April 8th on the neck, as endocrinologist saw abnormality.

Will follow up with test results in the coming days.

Oh yes, when i picked up referral last week. Picked up the missing link in the blood test results. Will post that asap as they outline Test results.

Have been so busy lately, been running a little behind. Will update soon.

And will organize the scanned blood work so that one can compare them side by side for an easier look.

This is a great source of information, the only drawback I am experiencing is that it is hard to organize the details. So..quickly:
You've done how many weeks of T/E 500mg/weekly?
Then slowly tapered to 250mg twice monthly with Anavar added for a planned 4 weeks?
Nolvdex was used sparing in treatment of minor gyno correct? Besides that no A.I and/or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) has been used yet?
You won't be running a traditional PCT I'm reading? (SERM, and/or HCG)

Thanks in advance dude, I hope its not too many questions!

This is a great source of information, the only drawback I am experiencing is that it is hard to organize the details. So..quickly:
You've done how many weeks of T/E 500mg/weekly?
Then slowly tapered to 250mg twice monthly with Anavar added for a planned 4 weeks?
Nolvdex was used sparing in treatment of minor gyno correct? Besides that no A.I and/or HCG has been used yet?
You won't be running a traditional post cycle therapy (pct) I'm reading? (SERM, and/or HCG)

Thanks in advance dude, I hope its not too many questions!

"the only drawback I am experiencing is that it is hard to organize the details"
Let me clarify that Deerawk. A lot of info to absorb. But also for future reference in the headlines - i list what week i am in on TE or/and Anavar.

"You've done how many weeks of T/E 500mg/weekly?"

Today April 14th, 2011 - it will be the beginning of week 21.

Early March, I started Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) instead of Clomid/Nolvadex due to low test levels. This is the 6th week. Injections were first done every 8th or 9th day. Now since seeing the family physician and endocrinologist, i have decided 250mg TE bi-wkly Sunday mornings (14 days exactly)

8th week Anavar - last 3 weeks i am taking that only EOD. Now cutting down to only workout days.

"Then slowly tapered to 250mg twice monthly with Anavar added for a planned 4 weeks?"

Yes correct tapered too for 250mg for various reasons as indicated in logs.

No Anavar was planned from week 12-20 at 20mg (see very first post). Due to raised HDL levels, i decided in mid March to change things up a little. 8th week on starting yesterday April 13th.

"Nolvdex was used sparing in treatment of minor gyno correct? Besides that no A.I and/or HCG has been used yet?"

Yes, no A.I. or HCG.

Yes, Nolvadex was first used on December 26th for a few days, when i felt some itchiness and pain primarily in left nipple and again when i changed up to T-Cypionate.

My goal was to minimize any external use of ancillaries/serms. Nolvadex intake on a regular basis was avoided primarily to minimize IGF downgrade. I cover the latter topic on late December 31 in one of the posts, where i cite anecdotal evidence. There I stated "There is up to 20% reduction in IGF-1 levels with Nolvadex usage. Unless necessary, best to avoid. "

"You won't be running a traditional post cycle therapy (pct) I'm reading? (SERM, and/or HCG)"

No.

Interesting observation though. Since my lapse between shots nearly 14 days and that is when is post cycle therapy (pct) is supposed to start. I find myself libido goes down 8th to 9th day then kicks up starting day 10/11. I find that to be signs of my system (HPTA?) kicking back into gear. The hormones fluctuating can be felt after about the 7th day.

"Thanks in advance dude, I hope its not too many questions"

No problem. If there is anything that remains unanswered, let me know.

Last edited:
Signature needs an update. Before i do that lets record it for future reference.

1st cycle
Wk 1-20 500mg T/E wkly
Wk 12-20 20mg Anavar ED
***in 14th wk [BW@235-240lb range from 214lb]
TARGETS
B-Press 315lb+1RM [Max reached 295lb]
D-Lift 495lb+ 3-5 reps [375lb*8 reps]
Squat 450lb *5 reps [395*5 reps]

Throughout the cycle something was usually happening that held me back from reaching max potential. Primarily, the main culprits were joint pain in the elbows/left shoulder and the pumps/pain from the Test in lower back and lower legs (lateral sides only).

Having been on maintenance doses the last 2 months on 250mg test every 14 days, i have lost about 9lb from my max BW reached at 246lb (w/ clothes). BW is averaging out 237lb the last 2 weeks (w/ clothes). The strength remains at peak levels. I feel more pain then usual in the elbows, as the water retention is no longer aiding with a cushion on the joints. Immediately when i started on the Test, i noticed it helped with the knee pain. Throughout the cycle knee pain only bothered me once after a intense session of stair-master for 55 minutes was followed by squats. Lately, the Synthroid is adding to the joint paint in the elbows, since i started 2 weeks ago.

April 15th, 2011 55m Stairmaster completed

No workout due to excruciating pain in right shoulder. Pain is still persistent from the front squats workout April 12.

Anomalies
Getting stomach cramps that are debilitating. It happened two times after doing leg raises and once just during sitting over the last few weeks. The spasms/cramps are also occurring and ongoing the last 4wks + in the shoulder neck area.
Could it be the Test cut back? Anavar tapering? Cutback on Taurine/Potassium?

Since I went on maintenance Test doses, start of 2nd week in March, i cut out Taurine/Potassium. Furthermore, i slowly cut down Anavar from ED to EOD then the last few too only workout days. Weight gainers/flax/olive oil have been eliminated 2 months plus. Whey protein is used sparingly.

BW average, as reported above is deviating w/in 2-3 pounds deviation the last few weeks @237-240.

Last edited:
April 18, 2011 trained Chest/Back

No cardio

Barbell bench press (supersetted w/ barbell rows)
2*185*10 * 14
3*225 * 10 10 * 12
2* 245lb *8 and 8(last set 1 assisted)
Strength remains at or near peak when on cycle

Barbell incline press
1*135*10
3*205* 9 8 and 8 reps

Dips (attempted) (not weighted)
Did 1 rep - had to stop
Cannot complete this exercise the last 4-5 weeks because of muscles spasms that happen in right shoulder. It immediately locks up and the pain permeates into the neck.:smash: This week the pain is exacerbated b/c of the right shoulder pain.

Barbell rows
2*145*12-16 reps
3*195*8-12 reps
I do these with back at angle slightly above parallel. No other exercise other than shrugs/upright help the traps grow more than this IMO.

Close grip smith machine pulls
4*3 45s plates each side *10-12 reps

Dumbbell pullovers
80*7 reps
60lb * 8-10 reps
Shoulder pain - weight kept to a minimum.

Pullups (not weighted)
2*8-10 reps

Anomalies
As reported in 2 logs above - lately cannot do certain exercises because of the spasms, and cramps.

Synthroid - has got rid of any remnants of water or was it bound to happen anyways? Some minor remnants of water were still visible with tight black socks 2 weeks back. This past Sat/Sun - it was all gone.

Two main things i've noticed are the increased pain in the joints both knee and elbow w/ Synthroid usage, and at times feeling hungry right after i had a big meal. The elbows feel like they will fall off due to the excruciating pain at times -- during every workout since synthroid usage started.

Running a little behind - i will post what i can remember from April 18 the last workout posted.

Furthermore,i will track my progress until i start my next cycle. I would have normally tracked my progress post cycle via private write up. Since i have this thread going, I will keep others posted. What's more important than gaining on cycle is being able to maintain off cycle, and adding to the results if another cycle is done. Kind of like compounding interest.

May 7th, 2011 - i will be off 4 weeks exactly taking - from T/E. No more maintenance shots. No Nolvadex/Clomid/HCG was used.

I will be off for another another 5 weeks at a minimum. I have stopped all injections even maintenance pending endocrinologist request to be off for 2 months at a minimum.

Last edited:
Most importantly before i forget these notes.

I have been sick since April 26, 2011 - till Now - and have lost 8-9 pounds. Average body weight was 237-241 before, after i lost the initial 6-8 pounds from 246lb highs, which was the peak in early March on initiating T-Cypionate for a few weeks in a switch up from T-enanthate.

Presently BW Monday May 2nd
Home (231-232) w/ shirt/shorts
Doctors office (233-234lb) w/ shirts/shorts/shoes.

As i write this log up today 233-234 ... slowly bouncing back. I was not really eating well the whole time i was sick. Strength was about the same, as i still attempted to workout out 2-3 times a week while sick.

That is just a FYI note - i am not worried about losing half the bodyweight as long as the strength stays. Some are suggesting i am on something new as the vascularity in the arms and overall has increased. Told them no ... just the flu getting to me. :druggie:

Going into 4th week - no T/E-Anavar - no Post cycle therapy.

Going to write the logs going backwards from the most recent workout Monday night- the best way to recall the workout. :shoot3:

I am most worried about keeping post cycle gains in terms of strength and mass. As such, i focus on the lifts to see where i am now, as opposed to when i was on T/E and T/E-Anavar and before.
================================

1hr prior took 8mg Ephedrine HCL and Advil (normally Aspirin- today due to flu Advil)

No cardio

Monday May 2nd trained Chest/Triceps
(Bad combo - i hardly ever do this - but missed triceps the week before so tried to throw them in first. Mistake was throwing in chest with it. Anyways, was also curious to see where i was on the barbell bench press. When I get injured/sick - this is the first place where strength goes)

CHEST
Barbell bench press (supersetted w/ incline dumbbell)
2*185 10 and 14 (to finish off w/ latter #)
2*225lb* 8 and 10 reps
2* 245* 8 8 and 6 (on T/E did 10 reps)
2*255lb * 4 (suddenly after this set, i could hardly move the 245 and 225)

Incline dumbbell press
1*35*15
1*50lb* 10
3*70lb * 8 10 10

Decline barbell press
2*185lb
1*205lb*10
2*225lb *8 and 9

Dips (bodyweight)
1*10 reps
This was the once time since off Anavar (April 23), that i can do proper dips without shoulders & neck locking up simultaneously upon the completion of the first few reps/ first set.

TRICEPS
Overhead V bar pushs on cable machine
(supersetted w/ EZ curl bar push downs)
5* 60-90lb * 7-10 reps

EZ bar curl push downs (cable)
5*50-150lb *6-10 reps
Following initial set doing 2 drop sets w/ 50% of the weight

Bodyweight dips (supersetted w/ light dumbbell kickbacks)
4*10 reps

Dumbbell kicks backs
4*10-15lb each *12-15

No abs

Anomalies
The cramping, muscle spasms are gone after i eliminated Anavar. The last Anavar tab was taken April 23, 2011. I am back to normal now.

After the 13-14 day (April 23)- libido really dropped. Normally the 14th day is when the maintenance shot is due. Now i am back to normal as i go into the 4th week with no exogenous Test.

No other sides to report.
On the 14th day saw a little acne on the chin. It was gone w/in days.

Intermittent pain on the left nipple area. Going to doctor tonight again to request Prolactin and Free testosterone tests. Went in on Monday. The doctor said i was wasting tax payers money by requesting those tests, i told her you're wasting my time and walked out. Today, going into doctor that i normally see all the time.

Synthroid- after the first 2 weeks appetite has normalized. No more hunger binges. Having read quite extensively on Testosterone HRT/TRT and T/E T/C cycles, one common conclusion is that it lowers FSH/LH levels. The same happens with HGH in lowering FSH/LH. Best to use T3 in regulating natural levels, as opposed to T4.

This was the first week time in about 4 weeks, i felt no joint pain, specifically the elbows, then shoulders working out on Monday. A few days after initiating synthroid usage, the pain was unbearable at times during workout. Elbows and shoulders would go limp half way during a set.

Last edited:
Saturday April 30th trained Legs/Shoulders

1hr prior
1 8mg Ephedrine
2 Advil (due to flu)

30m stairmaster - no more problems with pumps in legs. Sometimes i get them a few days into the maintenance shots.

Smith Machine squats (supersetted w/ dumbbell shoulder presses)
2*195lb* 8 & 8
1*245 * 10 reps
2 *285*8 and 11 reps
2*335lb* 4 and 6 reps

Dumbbell shoulder press
1*60lb*12 reps
2* 70lb* 10
2*75* 8-10 reps

Leg extensions ([supersetted w/ cable lateral raises and rear delts (cable)]
4* 110-290lb(max)* 6-12 reps
Repeated w/ drop sets at 50% of the weight

Cable lateral raises
1*40lb*10
2*90lb*8-10
1*100lb(max) * 7-10 reps

Rear delts
4*110-130*10-12

Leg curls (lying down) [superset w/ front cable raises]
4*50-130lb*6-12 reps
Initial set followed by 2 drop sets at 50% of the weight

Front raises
4*90-100lb*10 raises
Last rep or two assisted w/ other hand

Upright rows (supersetted w/ smith machine shrugs)
4*135lb* 8-10 reps

Smith Machine shrugs (1 set = 2)
2*3 45s each* 10-12
2*4 45s * 8-10
1*5 45s *6-8

No abs

Anomalies
n/a

Last edited:
Thursday April 28, 2011 - trained Bi's/Tri's

2 8mg Ephedrine HCL
1 Aspirin 325mg (after this changed up to Advil due to flu)

50min stairmaster - in 2 sessions - resting 1-2 minutes between - no problems. For the first time i feel like a fly weight on my feet. :sadwavey:

Barbell preacher curls (superset w/ close grip bench)
5*65-105lb*8-12 reps

Close grip barbell bench press
5*135-205lb * 6-15 reps
Following each set - doing a drop set.

45 degree bench Dumbbell curls
4* 30-35lb * 10 reps

Overhead dumbbell press
4*70-80lb * 7-9 reps

Dips (not weighted)
4* 10-12 reps

Cable push downs (EZ curl bar)
5* 50-100lb*10-15 reps
each set followed by multiple drop sets

Forearms
- barbell curls on fingers
- then reverse curls holding barbell
- followed by reverse grip bicep curls
All done consecutively for 1 full set

No abs

Anomalies
I will start limiting cardio to 20-30minutes while off cycle to preserve muscle. The more cardio i do, the weaker i get. I lose strength relatively fast i find. Getting big and lean at the same time is inherently contradictory IMO. Can't have both w/out trade offs. :3some:

Kind of in a vicious catch 22 death spiral. On cycle i wanted to do more cycle, i could not due to the pumps and pain. Now that i can do cardio without having to worry, i will likely lost strength and lean body mass.

Thursday April 28, 2011 - trained Bi's/Tri's

2 8mg Ephedrine HCL
1 Aspirin 325mg (after this changed up to Advil due to flu)

50min stairmaster - in 2 sessions - resting 1-2 minutes between - no problems. For the first time i feel like a fly weight on my feet. :sadwavey:

Barbell preacher curls (superset w/ close grip bench)
5*65-105lb*8-12 reps

Close grip barbell bench press
5*135-205lb * 6-15 reps
Following each set - doing a drop set.

45 degree bench Dumbbell curls
4* 30-35lb * 10 reps

Overhead dumbbell press
4*70-80lb * 7-9 reps

Dips (not weighted)
4* 10-12 reps

Cable push downs (EZ curl bar)
5* 50-100lb*10-15 reps
each set followed by multiple drop sets

Forearms
- barbell curls on fingers
- then reverse curls holding barbell
- followed by reverse grip bicep curls
All done consecutively for 1 full set

No abs

Anomalies
I will start limiting cardio to 20-30minutes while off cycle to preserve muscle. The more cardio i do, the weaker i get. I lose strength relatively fast i find. Getting big and lean at the same time is inherently contradictory IMO. Can't have both w/out trade offs. :3some:

Kind of in a vicious catch 22 death spiral. On cycle i wanted to do more cycle, i could not due to the pumps and pain. Now that i can do cardio without having to worry, i will likely lost strength and lean body mass.

A really good log. Very helpful for all us noobs.

Do you have any progress pics?

Tuesday April 26, 2011 Trained Back/Chest

No cardio

NOTE Supersetted exercises are color coded the same

Barbell bench press
2*185*10 and 13
2*225* 10 and 12 reps
2*245lb * 9 and 8 (last one assisted)

Reverse grip barbell rows

2*145lb * 12-15 reps
3* 195 * 8-10 reps

Incline Bench Press
4* 205lb * 8-9 reps
shoulders and elbows were shot this wk

Dumbbell Rows

4*110lb * 9-10 reps

Flat bench Dumbbell fly's
4*30-60lb * 10-12
1 drop set following each set

Smith Machine Pulls (narrow grip)

4* 3 45s each side * 8-11 reps

Smith Machine dips (plate loaded)
4* 4 45s - 4 45s + 2 25s * 8-12 reps

Pullovers
3*60lb * 8-10 reps
Weight limited due to right shoulder pain from front squats - still persistence into 2nd week.

No Abs

Anomalies
At this stage muscle spasms & cramps are still a problem. i.e. can't do bodyweight dips.

Back