The amount of muscle gained in 1 year/Let's be real

sarcoplasm

Gentlemen,
You know what? In spite of fancy cycles,and endless theories about this new compound or supplement,I say this. If your natural and been training over 3 years and you can gain 10- 12 lbs a year that is an AWESOME achievement. If your on gear 20-25lbs is an AWESOME acievement. And no one can convince me otherwise. Your thoughts?
Sarcoplasm

For the last year of natural training I trained, ate and rested to the best of my ability and gained almost 8 lbs in a year while dropping a few % BF. Even if it had been 10 lbs I still would have been pretty dissapointed so I can't say I totally agree.

I don't agree. This could be affected by the fact that I am only 18 right now, but since I was 16, I put on roughly 35 pounds naturally.

You can gain 10-12lbs of muscle for the first couple of years but you can say goodbye to that once you've been at it for a few years. You may even lose weight, usually you will maintain though. Welcome to training naturally.

Natural folks doing bulking cycles are happy to put on 3 pounds, pretty piss poor but thats life.

For a newbie 16 pounds a year is pretty good if its all LBM, later on though its near impossible to do that naturally.

SweetLeaf said:
You can gain 10-12lbs of muscle for the first couple of years but you can say goodbye to that once you've been at it for a few years. You may even lose weight, usually you will maintain though. Welcome to training naturally.

Eaxctly, it's quite depressing when you have a good diet, train your ass off, and still don't grow much (even lose muscle). It seems like you have little margin of erroe while training natural. If you slip up a bit it will cost you big time. Ever notice those guys at the gym who have been there forever, but still look/lift the same?

E-Swift25 said:
Eaxctly, it's quite depressing when you have a good diet, train your ass off, and still don't grow much (even lose muscle). It seems like you have little margin of erroe while training natural. If you slip up a bit it will cost you big time. Ever notice those guys at the gym who have been there forever, but still look/lift the same?
yea i see them all the time, i dont think i could do it, not seeing results is a demotivator for me, but if all there training for is health then all the power to them

when i started training i was able to cut myself to 145 pounds, very underweight. Now 4 years later i weigh 209 pounds

I workout for three and a half years now. I started at 180lbs, then in one year shot Deca (1x200mg/w for 8w) and gained to 210, now after some missfortunate cycles, specially Sustanon (which I didn't do any post cycle therapy (pct) - and lost almost everything).
I'm currently at 245lbs, 6'1''. Of course I'm not talking in LBM...

Last edited:
hornedfrogsAT said:
I don't agree. This could be affected by the fact that I am only 18 right now, but since I was 16, I put on roughly 35 pounds naturally. [/QUOT

Irrelevant. People put on that much weight naturally at that age without ever touching a weight. Considering this infrmation, your success with 1-test makes a little more sense.

It varies, but muscle growth in finite in everyone, both naturally AND enhanced. More gear will not help you KEEP more muscle that your body is incapable of holding. Honestly, most peole can only hold another 20 pounds with the use of roids, no matter how much they take. (Without maintaining drg use, that is) So why try to gain it all in one shot? You'll only lose it. It still takes a couple of years for the body to adapt to more weight. But some people have great genetics and some people have a great affinity for gear. Look at waht Larry Scott accomplished with 10 mgs of d-bol a day. Imagine if he took what the guys take today?! He'd be unstopable.

mvmaxx said:
I think too many people measure water weight as actual LBM gained.

i never had a bf test, so i dont know it. I do know however, that while clean, i weigh in around 245-250lb

I dont know how accurate it is but Duchaine says the water test is no good unless you are 15% or greater.

Back