The Best method to Sterilize

el_mato

Hello friends, i want to know what is the best method to sterilize. i think that BB and BA are not sufficient securities to sterilize. Ultrasound , UV, heat?
What is the best? How heat affects to the oils?

Thanks. :insane2:

BA and certainly BB absolutely do not sterilize. BA is an antimicrobial. BB has nothing to do with sterility or any of that.

Filter the gear and that is sufficient. Bake at 275 F for an hour if you like.

Sorry, i am from spain and i dont write in english very well.
Some people have told me the bottle can crash when heat up, because oil delay. Is it true?

el_mato said:
Sorry, i am from spain and i dont write in english very well.
Some people have told me the bottle can crash when heat up, because oil delay. Is it true?

stick a needle in the vial so that it doesnt not touch the oil but can let the air out..ohh and do not use water to cool off the vial, let it cool off on its own once your done baking

I have read that exists some heat sterilizer types:
-Dry heat
-Wet heat
-Heat vapor under pressure (Autoclave)
-Else..
What is the best method to sterilize the final conversion?
Do not care about money.

jynx said:
stick a needle in the vial so that it doesnt not touch the oil but can let the air out..ohh and do not use water to cool off the vial, let it cool off on its own once your done baking
This answers your question it will prevent the vial from "delaying."

1. Make sure you have a clean work space (wipe down with rubbing alcohol).
2. Use sterile filters.
3. Use BA to prevent microbial growth.
4. Bake in oven @ 275F degrees (135C I think) for 1 hour with needle in vial to prevent a build up of pressure in the vial.
5. Let cool to room temp.

DocJ said:
This answers your question it will prevent the vial from "delaying."

1. Make sure you have a clean work space (wipe down with rubbing alcohol).
2. Use sterile filters.
3. Use BA to prevent microbial growth.
4. Bake in oven @ 275F degrees (135C I think) for 1 hour with needle in vial to prevent a build up of pressure in the vial.
5. Let cool to room temp.

Must i remove the needle when let the vial cool?

el_mato said:
Must i remove the needle when let the vial cool?
No. Leave the pin in while cooling. At least, that's what makes the most sense to me, seeing as the pressure inside the vial can change while cooling.

I just turn the oven off after an hour, then remove the pins from the vials later.

Back