The older guys

M

map

I don't look it and i certainly don't feel it but i am getting older. Now 45, should i stay away from anabolics. I had done a few cycles in my late 20s and early 30s and was away from it for about 8 years. Started up again in the last 2 years relativly mild cycles. 500sust and 300 deca per week. I get my blood work done like a good boy and aside from elevated resting heart rate nothing really moves. Its actually lower, chol. and alike. Blood pressure stays well within 120/80. Am i ok to cycle mildly (12 weeks) at this age? I would like to think that nothing will creep up on me.

Any idea where your natural test is at the moment? Always a good idea for older guys to get there test levels checked.

shit nows the time to do it bro! with training and diet you will look better than 90% of 20 year olds.

as far as problems, when you come off you might recovery slower or not at all. as stated already, get your test levels checked. you might be a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) canidate.

Yeah, middle age and beyond really would be the time you'd really want to start cycling. Obviously you still want to be sensible about it and follow post cycle therapy (pct) protocols, of course.

Now is the right time, I did my first cycle at 35 - now 40. You should see a greater impact as your natural levels are dropping. You might also look into HGH for anti-aging and connective tissue strength.

Watch out for the drugs known for heavy HPTA suppression like Deca and Tren, etc. and post cycle therapy (pct) should be fine.

about 8 months ago had test levels checked, just got off and i was at 398. i am having them done next week so i should (hope ) they should be alittle better. Yea i also have done HGH off and on for about 2 years, Only 4ius per but i think its doing well for me.

map said:
about 8 months ago had test levels checked, just got off and i was at 398. i am having them done next week so i should (hope ) they should be alittle better. Yea i also have done HGH off and on for about 2 years, Only 4ius per but i think its doing well for me.
You got them checked after the cycle and before post cycle therapy (pct)? Or during post cycle therapy (pct)? Or just after post cycle therapy (pct)?

Before post cycle therapy (pct), your testosterone is still elevated for the testosterone you injected during the cycle. During post cycle therapy (pct), the SERM drugs are blocking negative feedback to the HPTA, hopefully elevating testosterone. After for a few weeks after post cycle therapy (pct), the SERMs are still in your system doing their work.

So to determine recovery, you really need a blood test no sooner than ~3-4 weeks after the last post cycle therapy (pct) dose.

Providing all your blood work is ok, I would say it is fine as long as you feel good. Us older guys need all the help we can get when it comes to testosterone levels being back where they were when we were younger. I know that I feel a lot better when I'm taking a low dose of about 200mg/wk of test.

Oh, and you probably want to get your free testosterone checked. Get free and total if you can, but free testosterone is a better indicator and the test if more accurate, anyway.

i did my first cycle at 41, getting ready for cycle #2. I had great results with my first cycle, and looking for even better results with my next cycle next week.

map said:
I don't look it and i certainly don't feel it but i am getting older. Now 45, should i stay away from anabolics. I had done a few cycles in my late 20s and early 30s and was away from it for about 8 years. Started up again in the last 2 years relativly mild cycles. 500sust and 300 deca per week. I get my blood work done like a good boy and aside from elevated resting heart rate nothing really moves. Its actually lower, chol. and alike. Blood pressure stays well within 120/80. Am i ok to cycle mildly (12 weeks) at this age? I would like to think that nothing will creep up on me.

I'm 55 and I say Go for it. Just keep monitored. Sh!t I don't feel a day over 54. I did Dianabol back in 1980 when it was legal. Doctors did not know about cycles. We just tapered off to try and keep the muscle. Know we have a to much knowledge about nonthing.

Im 35 and i have my PSA test regularly(prostate)
An overabundance of Test enlarges the Prostate and its like 70% or more men that end up with Prostate enlargement sooner or later.

IMO....just do a low dose of test and stack it with another compound that wont convert.

gator_mclusky said:
Im 35 and i have my PSA test regularly(prostate)
An overabundance of Test enlarges the Prostate and its like 70% or more men that end up with Prostate enlargement sooner or later.

IMO....just do a low dose of test and stack it with another compound that wont convert.
You mean DHT?

In fact, study data indicated that the culprit of BPH may be estrogen.

mranak said:
You mean DHT?

In fact, study data indicated that the culprit of BPH may be estrogen.
I have been reading this more and more as well. One study pointed out that if DHT were the true cause then prostate problems would be highest amongst teenage boys who are producing the highest levels of Test and DHT.

I have read that the higher levels of estrogen in an older male causes a huge increase in the number of androgen receptor sites in the prostate.

I have also read that the average 55 y.o. male has higher levels of estrogen than the average 55 y.o. female, which ceertainly can't be good.

It would seem that when main stream medicine catches up to medical research, controlling estrogen levels in older men with the use of AI's will become a common practice.

Deepglute said:
I have been reading this more and more as well. One study pointed out that if DHT were the true cause then prostate problems would be highest amongst teenage boys who are producing the highest levels of Test and DHT.

I have read that the higher levels of estrogen in an older male causes a huge increase in the number of androgen receptor sites in the prostate.
Yes, the study data is very interesting.

Deepglute said:
I have also read that the average 55 y.o. male has higher levels of estrogen than the average 55 y.o. female, which ceertainly can't be good.
Well, in a way, that kind of makes sense. Postmenopausal women no longer have their ovaries producing estrogen. So their only source of estrogen is through aromatization of testosterone. And they can be expected to have less testosterone than a man, so it makes sense that they would then have less estrogen.

Deepglute said:
It would seem that when main stream medicine catches up to medical research, controlling estrogen levels in older men with the use of AI's will become a common practice.
We can only hope. Right now, the solution is to just give the patient a drug that lowers their DHT to levels below the normal range. No bloodwork is even done. This is cheap, easy, and inappropriate in my judgement. The physicians don't often mention the potential side effect of gynecomastia (due to the screwed up (T+DHT)/E2 ratio).

Using aromatase inhibitors to help bring hormonal balance just seems like common sense, and the studies back this up as well.

Thanks for all that feedback guys, will give you any updates that follow. New blood test coming soon, my Doc. is against my use but says be carefull and that he is their if i need him. Funny he was more concerned about preparation and administering of the drug more than anything. Also, when asked what he felt was safer, HGH or anabolics he was quick to say HGH. He is probably right but still limited in knowledege about the whole Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) topic.

Back