The Steroidology Gurus....

Citruscide

Elite Mentor
I posted this question at EF... relating to usage of Anadrol and what could help in the prevention of gyno to those (including myself) who are extremely sensitive to it.

Macro, in a post at EF, stated there were really 4 (or 5) types of Gyno... and I'm wondering how to cover all the bases...

So, I'm reading about various ways gyno is caused... an increase in prolactin can cause you to get gyno... too high a raise in estrogen can cause progestin levels to soar...

I was thinking... if I took Nolva... that should competitively bind against estrogen for the receptors, thereby disallowing the progestin to increase.... and with bromo (or as I have learned, Dostinex -- better alternative without the headaches/nausea), it should inhibit any prolactin production... cutting off that route.

My main question is... would all my bases be covered with Bromo/Nolva (1.25mg/40mg ed)???

That is to be taken with the anadrol.

Figured I'd ask over here, as all the guru's from EF have stated up a house here... also, I am looking for expert free advice from The Almighty. ;)

C-ditty

There are a few different ways gyno can occur. One is estrogen, prolactin, I-gf1, low testosterone...etc.

Bromo should take care of prolactin, but RU-486 would be better. Dostinex is the same type of drug as bromo, but only needs to be taken 1-2 times per week.

Nolvadex will help in 2 other ways. It will block the actions of estrogen specifically at the breast area and also lower I-gf1 production. This is why N-dex is thought to work with deca, fina, and anadrol too.

I think you will be fine with your current plan

Gyno can also occur from low DHT, men using proscar have experienced this in a few cases. Seems like everything we do can cuase gyno.

Thanks alot Lawnsaver... I was thinking along the lines of Dostinex @ 1.25mg... say... 2x a week? and then 40mg nolvadex ed... I think it should work, that way.

Thanks for your help... first DEFINITIVE answer I have recieved.

C-ditty

Im under the impression that you must have an aromtazing compound, in order for so called progesterins to induce gyno. I ran tren, deca, and anadrol along with just a little test, and I was fine no gyno. I just ran a small dose of nolva, preventive that is, and I was fine. I got insane strength off that. If you keep from aromatization becoming out of control, i think you will be fine.

from what ive read most people who get gyno from drol or deca get it when they are not running test or a test based aromatizable drug. so nolva+bromo+test should work

Mmmmmmmm Gyro.....

Well, I had planned on being on a test while on the drol. So that should help then?

I hear you on the nolva thing... I just wanted to cover all bases... just in case.

C-ditty

I don't see any reason to use bromo while on anadrol....
Androgens in general lower prolactin, estrogens increase it.
Some studies show that progestins also lower it (in vivo)...
Taking cabergoline/bromo throughout the cycle would decrease your PRL too much which can nagatively affect HPTA.

According to BigCat and a few others Anadrol can activate the estrogen receptor & it doesn't have a progestational effect....

..."However we do find medical studies looking at this possibility. One such tested the progestational activity; of various steroids including nandrolone, norethandrolone, methandrostenolone, testosterone and oxymetholone. It reported no significant progestational effect inherent in oxymetholone or methandrostenolone, slight activity with testosterone and strong progestational effect inherent in nandrolone and norethandrolone. With such findings it starts to seem much more likely that oxymetholone can intrinsically activate the estrogen receptor itself, similar to but more profoundly than the estrogenic androgen methandriol. Clearly if this is the case we can only combat the estrogenic side effects of oxymetholone with estrogen receptor antagonists such as Nolvadex or Clomid, and not with an aromatase inhibitor..."

..."But a study2 testing the progestational effects of oxymetholone and methandrostenolone against those of testosterone as well as nandrolone and its metabolites showed that the progestagenic activity of oxymetholone wasn't even in the neighbourhood of that of testosterone, let alone nandrolone..."

(2)

Desausles PA, Les hormones anabolisantes de point de vue experimental (Anabolic hormones from an experimental viewpoint), Helv. Med. Acta 1960 , 479-503

Citruscide said:
Thanks alot Lawnsaver... I was thinking along the lines of Dostinex @ 1.25mg... say... 2x a week? and then 40mg nolvadex ed... I think it should work, that way.

Thanks for your help... first DEFINITIVE answer I have recieved.

C-ditty

Whoa, 1.25mg of Dostinex is A LOT. I was using 0.25mg 2x/wk and thought that was a lot so I lowered that by half. Look into that because that stuff is STIRRRRONG!

42Npumpin said:
Whoa, 1.25mg of Dostinex is A LOT. I was using 0.25mg 2x/wk and thought that was a lot so I lowered that by half. Look into that because that stuff is STIRRRRONG!

How did it make you feel?? Did it increase your sex drive??

LAWNSAVER said:
How did it make you feel?? Did it increase your sex drive??

Na bro, it didn't. To be honest that's one of the big reasons I wanted to be on it. Basically what I felt most was zero appetite. I mean I didn't even want to look at food. I stopped using it after about three weeks because of that. But no pro-sexual effects for me whatsoever.

hth,
:)

42Npumpin said:
Na bro, it didn't. To be honest that's one of the big reasons I wanted to be on it. Basically what I felt most was zero appetite. I mean I didn't even want to look at food. I stopped using it after about three weeks because of that. But no pro-sexual effects for me whatsoever.

hth,
:)

That sucks...was Bromo prosexual??

LAWNSAVER said:
That sucks...was Bromo prosexual??

I've used bromo twice and didn't get any pro sexual benefits. It's sexual benefits are supposed to come through it's effects on your mind and well being, there are no direct physical effects.
I was on bromo twice for about 30 days each time. For some reason, on both occasions I had a sudden onset of muscle weakness and joint pain in the 4th week that went away after I quit taking the bromo.

Bromo and Dostiex are dopamine antagonists. Dopamine has very pro-sexual effects. Its not just something for well being. The reason GHB is pro-sexual is its effects on dopamine.

Dostinex is a dopamine agonist

Agonist: A drug or other chemical that can combine with a receptor on a cell to produce a physiologic reaction typical of a naturally occurring substance.

Antagonist: A chemical substance that interferes with the physiological action of another, especially by combining with and blocking its nerve receptor.

LAWNSAVER said:
Bromo and Dostiex are dopamine antagonists. Dopamine has very pro-sexual effects. Its not just something for well being. The reason GHB is pro-sexual is its effects on dopamine.

You meant agonists, didn't you? Still, just because a drug bumps up your dopamine doesn't mean that you will necessarily see an effect on your sex drive. If that were the case, Wellbutrin would be an awesome sex drug, but from experience I can tell you that it doesn't really work that well.

just because a drug bumps up your dopamine doesn't mean that you will necessarily see an effect on your sex drive

In regards to sexual enhancement, from my readings, it's not the dopamine boost that you're after, it's the prolactin inhibition. Prolactin is released when you orgasm, causing an immediate drop in libido and detumescence. Inhibit the prolactin and you become multi-orgasmic, one after the other.

Back