think im getting my first abcess!

panteracfh

Knows whats up
lol... yeah, well there is a golf ball like lump in my left glute, and i noticed tonight that it is warm there... no pain really... i was thinking give it a couple days and see how it goes, am i right? i know if it gets worse or whatever, i'll need antibiotics, but how bad would it have to get to need to be drained? is that just if someone ignorse it and doesn't take anti-biotics??? thanks...

Courtesy of The Doctor @ MT:

"Firstly you need to distinguish between a septic and sterile abscess.

If its septic then antibiotics are useful in the early stages.

Different antibiotics are active against different bacteria.
Different abscesses (depending where located) need different antibiotics.

Commonest causes of skin abscesses are Streptococcus and Staphylococcus aureus.

In hospital when I was working in Surgery we would usually use a combination of Flucoxacillin and Penicillin.

Augmentin alone is also effective. Note: augmentin is Co-amoxiclav (Amoxicillin and clauvinic acid), which makes it different to just amoxicillin.
Dose 250mg three times a day (up to 500mg three times a day if serious).

Cephradine can also be used but there are newer and better cephalosporins.

However, antibiotics are useless in the treatment of a well-established abscess because they can’t reach the contents, so if you have an established abscess you will need treatment.

In general an abscess must open and drain in order for it to improve. Sometimes draining occurs on its own, but generally it must be cut open by a doctor in a procedure called incision and drainage.

Once the sore has drained, the doctor will insert some packing into the remaining cavity to minimize any bleeding and keep it open for a day or two".

jesus! does anyone know which abcess is more common from steroids? how can you tell if it can be treated with anti-biotics or if you need to get that crazy shit done???

Symptoms include;
- Area is a little extra warm to touch.
- You may feel feverish.
- Red blotchines at the surface of the skin.

An abcess starts off from an infection. This is what happens with injections. If there is bacteria in the oil, on the skin or on the needle, it could find it's way inside your muscle. Then the infection begins. It usually starts off as cellulitis, which is a moderate infection that the body starts to fight off like any other infection. If the bacteria is too strong or too much, the body will protect itself by enclosing the infected area with a hard shell to contain it. This is the abcess. It needs to be surgically removed unfortunately as it is useless tissue at that point. The bigger the infection the bigger the abcess.

what type of gear are you running?? i feel its just the gear at this point--

abcess is very ,very fucking painful -- just got over one and it was the second time i have had one-- i could not walk bro -- the pain is unreal-

both times where my fault -- first one was from injecting gear that had stuff floating in it -- that was a while ago-- this last one was from injecting 5 mls of gear in one spot then having blunt force trama to that area not long after [fell onto a snow plow ]-- between the blood and oil caught in one space -- not fun --

was lucky though -- cipro did the trick both times --

well, its small, a little smaller than a golf ball, its just kind of hard, not really painfull. Im using 500mg/ml test and EQ from PL... ive had pain and swelling but this is the first time ive had an actuall hard lump... its been almost 48 hours since the injection... is there anything i can do right now or just wait and see what happens?

my right glute is inflammed, does that mean i have this? i know my gear was sterile, it just had beed stored in a frig for about a year. I know sus has a really long life like 7 years.

Plus it was my first injection, could just be that

panteracfh said:
well, its small, a little smaller than a golf ball, its just kind of hard, not really painfull. Im using 500mg/ml test and EQ from PL... ive had pain and swelling but this is the first time ive had an actuall hard lump... its been almost 48 hours since the injection... is there anything i can do right now or just wait and see what happens?

bro,
you have a PM!
also, get rid of what you and i have been talking about....far too many negatives. as far "get your red hot knots" as i affectionatley call them.
i have had several over the last 11 yrs....and a good old Z-PACK- Zithromax knocked everyone out. as a matter of fact, i have a nice marble breweing on my left tricep as we speak.....it started out the size of almost of a golf ball, red , hot, itchy....etc. Z-pack for 4 days and it is nearly gone. or trust your Doc, and tell him what's up.

but, per our previous conversation "in with the good, out with the bad!"

god bless

dbolme said:
isn't zithromax commonly prescribed for STDs?

well, i can't say i have ever heard of that. but it doesn't mean it is not true. if that is the case....i am really going to stock up now!!!:3some:

god bless

I think 48 hrs is a bit too early to be thinking abscess. Usually it takes a week or 2 for an abscess to be to the point where you would actually realize that it's not going to get better on its own. I would bet its that 500mg/ml enanthate. It takes quite a bit of BA to get 1ml to hold 500mg of test. I would bet that combined with a poor injection site is whats caused you lump and pain. But dont take my word for it. If you think it's really an abscess then by all means go to the doc and/or start antibiotics immediately.

Back