Thinking of doing just a clomid cyle, good idea or a no go?

maximillianmark

Peeps, I am thinking of doing just clomid for a month or two. Why? I think it might help with gains, and there's the libido and energy advantages. Am I wrong? is this a stupid idea? I would love your input.

I also want to ask you guys how safe this would be, I have looked it up online and there don't appear to be any major side effects. How long could I use it for continuously? In any case, I don't really want to exceed 3 months. Probably just a month or two really. Will it have an inhibitory effect on the HPTA once I come off it?

In short, is it really worth it? I would love input from someone who's actually done this.

Ok I did a little homework. You posted a thread a little over a year ago about a horrible first cycle that your trainer put you on at age 20. So with that said, we have a few questions that need answered.

Did you get any bloodwork done after you did your pct?
Have you done any more cycles in the previous year?
What exactly are you trying to accomplish with running a clomid cycle?

I have been meaning to update that threat since a very long time, but haven't got around to doing that yet. I will soon, with fresh bloodwork.
I ran a normal PCT program with clomid and nolvadex, and I got bloodwork done a few days after the end of the program. The results then were:

Testosterone- Total- 499.60 ng/dL

LH- 3.41

FSH- 1.74

I feel pretty normal now, and everything seems to be fine. I haven't done any more cycles, I am off the idea of using steroids for good. I was thinking of using Clomid for some boost in gaining muscle, I don't expect anything like the boost that steroids provide. Just some appreciable gain. If it's safe.

How old are you?

Ok....Clomid only is obviously not gonna run your testosterone level up over 2000, where we like our cycles to take us, but it is very effective at raising you to a high normal status. My personal experience has been that low dose Clomid (25mg -50mg) will increase your level 40 to 60 percent. People 400 and lower, if they respond, seem to get a bigger boost than people 600 and over. Guess it makes sense.....the closer you are to top end the less it helps. Anyway, I've seen 400 level people go to 750 and 600 level people go to 850. Personally, I went from 574 up to 890 on 25mg per day. "Frontloaded" at 50mg per day for a week and then ran 2 months at 25mg.
Higher doses don't seem to be worth it. Sides and no extra test. It helps in the gym WAY more than otc test boosters bit nothing like the good old 500mg per week shot will do. Expect a lil more strength, but not much more size unless you really eat for it. This is true of a cycle as well. You have cycled in the past so you know exactly what I'm talking about.
One last noteworthy thing....I know guys who have taken low dose for years non stop. 2 people I know use it instead of test for their trt. No major sides reported. However, I hear of some pretty serious visual side effects in some people. I have a feeling this is the high dose people that take the 100mg and up doses......Just dumb. Anyway, have a Dr monitor ya thoughout......of course :)

Good luck and have fun bro

Last edited:
Thank you for your response. Trt with clomid? that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. If people are using it for trt, it must be quite safe. One question- is there any risk of gyno with prolonged clomid use? will there be a significant increase in estrogen levels?

I will be bulking so I will be eating tons of food, yes.

Thank you for your response. Trt with clomid? that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. If people are using it for trt, it must be quite safe. One question- is there any risk of gyno with prolonged clomid use? will there be a significant increase in estrogen levels?

I will be bulking so I will be eating tons of food, yes.

Yes. You will make more testosterone, if you respond well, and as a result will convert more to estrogen. Nobody that I know has had a g yno issue from Clomid only use, but the possibility exists and does occur for some. Get tested 6 weeks in and if the estrogen is high take .25mg anastrozole once per week and see if that helps. That is what I would do if I were concerned.

Clomid works at the estrogen receptor site to fool the body into thinking we need more estrogen.....thus producing test to convert. So the Clomid does block some estrogenic action but my understanding is it does not help at the breast tissue, leaving the possibility of gyno. However, unless you already have gyno issues, are over weight, or otherwise susceptible to gyno.....then there is generally no cause for concern. I would get regular blood work to monitor.....especially in the beginning.

All of this is just some reading and a lot of personal experience that I am referring to. I experimented with Clomid only dosing for quite a while before I ever tried test injections.

Good luck bro. Do some research and definitely listen to what others on this site have to say. A lot of guys on here have way more knowledge than I do

I would run clomid for an extra month or two after pct at 50 eod and i took a-aspiric acid or something like that. Its an over counter test booster that some mods on this site recommended as the only real test booster for otc. I felt good. Had a high beef diet too

Yes. You will make more testosterone, if you respond well, and as a result will convert more to estrogen. Nobody that I know has had a g yno issue from Clomid only use, but the possibility exists and does occur for some. Get tested 6 weeks in and if the estrogen is high take .25mg anastrozole once per week and see if that helps. That is what I would do if I were concerned.

Clomid works at the estrogen receptor site to fool the body into thinking we need more estrogen.....thus producing test to convert. So the Clomid does block some estrogenic action but my understanding is it does not help at the breast tissue, leaving the possibility of gyno. However, unless you already have gyno issues, are over weight, or otherwise susceptible to gyno.....then there is generally no cause for concern. I would get regular blood work to monitor.....especially in the beginning.

All of this is just some reading and a lot of personal experience that I am referring to. I experimented with Clomid only dosing for quite a while before I ever tried test injections.

Good luck bro. Do some research and definitely listen to what others on this site have to say. A lot of guys on here have way more knowledge than I do

I seem to recollect that Nolvadex helps with estrogen blocking in breast tissue, if that's right, Would it help to take clomid alongside nolva to mitigate the issue? I will get bloodwork done, yup. It might be very hard for me to source some ai, thats why I am asking.

so all your questions can be answered in the beginners cycle sticky thread. read the link in my signature

Back