Thyroid (NP Thyroid) with TRT

honeyg

Gents, long-time lurker (thanks for all the great info), and first time poster here.

I started TRT about 3 months ago, and I'm feeling pretty good so far....occasional night sweats, but that is the only real con I've dealt with thus far.

My doc wants to put me on 60mg/ day of NP Thyroid (similar to Armour from what I've researched) based on my most recent lab results not showing optimal levels:

Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum 2.8 2.0-4.4 pg/mL
Tsh 1.740 0.450-4.50 uIU/mL
T4,Free(Direct) 1.48 0.82-1.77 ng/dL

I'm in my late 40's, and take nothing besides the Test-C. I'm a little nervous to start the NP Thyroid.

Thoughts concerns from you guys?

Thank you!

Thanks, Milton. I inquired about TRT after feeling really rundown for months on end, so my doc ran labs, then suggested testosterone.

Thats a good starting point but I would take the porcine in the morning and add 30mcg of T3 later in the day.

It looks like all your thyroid numbers are in the normal range. I'm not sure why your doc would want to put you on this med. Whatever you do, keep an eye out for sides. I've been on thyroid medication for 4 or 5 years and occasionally they give me too high a dose. That's when I get the night sweats, difficulty getting to sleep, and I start talking like an auctioneer. Plus, it tends to elevate your heart rate and/or blood pressure.

Ive been in trt for 5 years and been on 250mcg of synthroid for 20 years. No issuses. Never heard of the NP thyroid.

Back