Tolerance to Gear

You can't keep making gains at the same rate forever. You will use the same amount and get less and less out of it at some point.

Correct.

Everyone's genes give them certain limitations as to how much muscle they can carry, which can be further extended with AS - but only so far.

Before someone uses AS, they are pretty far away from what their body would allow given enough stiumulation of the androgen receptors. After using AS, they're going to be much closer to their genetic limits. Therefore, using more and more AS is required to gain each additional pound. It isn't that the body is becoming "tolerant" of AS, its that there comes a point where you just can't gain any more and you may even have to stay on to maintain what you've gained.

^ what everyone else has said. Mr olympia becomes that for a reason. Genes. I know people who have been on roid's for years who are the same size as people who use for 3 month cycle's. I also know people who have never used but lift more than people who have. Think about cigaretes. Average smoker probably has 15-20 a day. They dont get a 'tolerance' to it. If they did there would be people on 5000 cigarettes a day! Make sense? Your thinking of crazy 'drugs' like heroin etc. Thats called 'habituation'. Where you need more drugs to get the same high.

I'd definetly have to agree with Trev on this one. Also, I like the response that mark444 gave b/c most men, DRINK BEER. haha

People on the internet use far more gear than I have ever run into at the gym, and usually the gym hardcore guys I've seen look much better. It was cheaper to get from online sources and people seemed all ready to jump on the high dose bandwagon with guys running 750mg a week+ just because it was cycle #2 and for not much other reasoning, plenty of these guys still sub 200 pound. People are just too apt to say "its not working at xx dose" and believe that there is a tolerance factor, too many guys seem to reinvent science based on their own bodies and zero actual scientific study. :D

If you've been off for two years you are going to notice your 300mg shots no worries. I like 500mg as a dose and dont go above that anymore, although I do like to stack an additional item.

What do you attribute the diminishing returns to?

Laws of nature, checks and balances. You can't plug in one or two variables and trick MOST human bodies into becoming beasts of mythic proportions. Too many factors involved, too many people with shitty diets and training habits that don't work for their bodies, etc.

^ what everyone else has said. Mr olympia becomes that for a reason. Genes. I know people who have been on roid's for years who are the same size as people who use for 3 month cycle's. I also know people who have never used but lift more than people who have. Think about cigaretes. Average smoker probably has 15-20 a day. They dont get a 'tolerance' to it. If they did there would be people on 5000 cigarettes a day! Make sense? Your thinking of crazy 'drugs' like heroin etc. Thats called 'habituation'. Where you need more drugs to get the same high.

you cant sit here and tell me that humans or rats or monkeys do not develop a tolerance to nicotine or heroin? I know that prolonged use of heroin causes down regulation of the receptors- what do you think causes people to overdose after not using for a while.

yea so why was my first cycle a beginers cycle and 10 years later im doing enough gear in a week to kill the average man or so my friends tell me?

kind of a dumb question...

We don't build "tolerance" to hormones. If we did, then women would have to constantly increase their birth control dosages, which doesn't happen.

you can start w a lower dosage than what you were last using but you shouldnt go as low as the first dosage you ever used if that makes sense for you

Correct.

Everyone's genes give them certain limitations as to how much muscle they can carry, which can be further extended with AS - but only so far.

Before someone uses AS, they are pretty far away from what their body would allow given enough stiumulation of the androgen receptors. After using AS, they're going to be much closer to their genetic limits. Therefore, using more and more AS is required to gain each additional pound. It isn't that the body is becoming "tolerant" of AS, its that there comes a point where you just can't gain any more and you may even have to stay on to maintain what you've gained.

AGREED
another thing to consider is that the bigger we get the more calories required to maintain and grow lean mass and there are numerous post of people complaining about haveing to eat so much or wanting a appetite stimulant . even though my upper limit for food intake is very high lol not everyones is and once you reach the point that you just quit increaseing calorie/protein intake then the gains will slow/stop even if gear doses increase.

yea so why was my first cycle a beginers cycle and 10 years later im doing enough gear in a week to kill the average man or so my friends tell me?

Because you've not a beginner anymore. You've been pushing beyond your genetic limits for 10 years.

We could repeat the same explanation 100 times and it doesn't seem to register.

Tell you what, go off gear, stop training, find yourself a couch and a remote control, and drink a lot of beer. When you have the same stats as you did 10 years ago before your first cycle, then run the same cycle again. You'll get similar results.

that makes sense, i also weigh 30lbs more from ten years ago i believe weight is dose related

I think weight is dose related too.

seems that way for people with multiple cycles to me as well . 1st time cyclers who do it right can usually grow like a weed on lower doses no matter their starting weight imo .

Back