training 7 days a week 60 min workouts

goingtowin

I REALLY want to get every drop out of this cycle.

My routine is

mon-chest tris
tues-back bis
wed-legs core and i'll hit traps and forearms as well
thurs-chest tris
fri-back bis
sat-legs core and traps and forearms as well..
Now sunday i'm thinking about going right back into a monday and hitting chest/tris again and starting the cycle all over and keep repeating with no full day of rest.

I don't "feel" overtrained at all. My workouts are 60 minutes starting out with heavy compounds 2-3 min rests and then isolation with short rests.

i'm 1 and a half weeks into cycle and up 5 pounds so far. (water I know) My cycle is 500mg test e with a prop kick start of 100mg eod.

Is this okay? Realistically am I doing more harm than good? Should I stick to 7 days?

Sounds good except IMOP it is better to get at least one day of rest so your body can recuperate and have the energy to di=o so.

I suggest a three on and one off then start over. The days rotate per body part. With this you are still hitting each part twice in a week.

There are three major things needed to build muscle. Diet, training and REST. It is my experience a full day is best as well as needed.

This ^^ In my experience ,common sense but IMOP.

keep in mind that training is CATABOLIC , its not anabolic . rest is 'anabolic' , its when the muscle building actually takes place . theres a fine line there between balancing the two , catabolism and anabolism . you have to find that balance for yourself as we are all different. Mikes 3 days on 1 day off is a very good starting point.

jay cutler found that balance - he said "I never train more then 3-4 days in a row" . he trained with a lot of intensity those days though, so it was probably near impossible to train more that that in a row.

the more intense your workouts are, the less you can train frequently. I'm guessing that if you are training 7 days per week, then your intensity is lacking somewhere in your training sessions.
we need both 'volume' AND 'intensity' to stimulate growth.

You say you want to get every drop out of your cycle. You grow when you rest. Make sure you are getting enough sleep and your diet is good. Taking a day off is good for you.

So let's start with what your goals are? Do you Powerlift? Crossfit weanie? Bodybuilding? Soccer player? Ping pong?

I would consider something like the following to work in a rest day:

Day 1 -chest tris
Day 2 -back bis
Day 3 -legs core and i'll hit traps and forearms as well
Day 4 -rest or cardio
Repeat

Not the split I would personally go with but whatever works for you. I would also really encourage you to train your Delts too. Gotta have strong shoulders.

Forearms get involved in pretty much everything you already do. Why do you feel compelled to give them their own training day (especially at the sacrifice of training delts)?

keep in mind that training is CATABOLIC , its not anabolic . rest is 'anabolic' , its when the muscle building actually takes place . theres a fine line there between balancing the two , catabolism and anabolism . you have to find that balance for yourself as we are all different. Mikes 3 days on 1 day off is a very good starting point.

jay cutler found that balance - he said "I never train more then 3-4 days in a row" . he trained with a lot of intensity those days though, so it was probably near impossible to train more that that in a row.

the more intense your workouts are, the less you can train frequently. I'm guessing that if you are training 7 days per week, then your intensity is lacking somewhere in your training sessions.
we need both 'volume' AND 'intensity' to stimulate growth.

Are you defining "intensity" as how heavy the weights are that are being lifted? Because higher intensity means less volume. Or you using the word "intensity" in the context of endurance training?

Are you defining "intensity" as how heavy the weights are that are being lifted? Because higher intensity means less volume. Or you using the word "intensity" in the context of endurance training?

defining it as , the amount of physical exertion and % of effort put into an exercise (no matter if the weight is heavy or light).

eg. lets say you bench press 405 pounds, and your working out with 315 for reps of say 6 (even though you can get 10) because you want to do 6 sets of 6 reps ,, well lets say that equals about 60% of you 'intensity' capability . now lets say your benching 225, which is a far less weight and much much lower then what you are capable of,, BUT you put in 90% intensity and you perform 6 sets to absolute failure, which is say 35 reps.
the latter exercise requires more 'intensity' even though the weight is much lighter. imo, intensity has nothing to do with the actual amount of weight on the bar, its the amount of effort you put into it no matter the weight.

volume = reps x sets x weight .. (or some calculate it as reps x sets x % of max)

in the above example, the lighter weight, but higher intensity workout produced FAR more volume then the heavier weight workout. of course if we switch the variables and make the higher intensity exercise be the heavy weight exercise, the volume would increase there as well.

if all things are equal INTENSITY itself will be the determining factor for how much volume is achieved. because higher intensity will increase the variables, either it will increase the 'weight' used or the 'number of reps' or the 'number of sets' ,, as you lower the intensity, one of those variables will indefinitely go down.

and again, those 3 variable are what calculate volume . and if more intensity increases ANY one of those 3 factors, then intensity increase equates to volume increase**

** though it is possible to have high volume low intensity, but that is just a really long drawn out workout , thats why I said we need to have both volume AND intensity to grow

Last edited:
In weightlifting, intensity is defined as how heavy the weight is that you are lifting (relative to one rep max). In endurance training, intensity is defined as how much you are exerting yourself (relative to maximum heart rate). It just makes it easier if we all speak the same language.

-In weightlifting, intensity is defined as how heavy the weight is that you are lifting (relative to one rep max).
-In endurance training, intensity is defined as how much you are exerting yourself (relative to maximum heart rate). It just makes it easier if we all speak the same language.

the first one is generally used in powerlifting (as a percentage system) , the other one is used in endurance training .. body building is neither of those two things. sometime its both of those things combined. but, most body builders do not use percentage of one rep max to define the intensity of their workouts (however, 'weight lifters' , ie.., olympic lifters and power lifters do).

I'm assuming that the OP is interested in body building and physique training ,, and has no clue what his percentages of one rep maxes are nor any idea what his max heart rate is nor what 130 bpm would even be relative to his max heart rate.

I could be wrong though .. just an assumption by me :)

"intensity" as how heavy the weights are that are being lifted? Because higher intensity means less volume

In weightlifting, intensity is defined as how heavy the weight is that you are lifting (relative to one rep max).

well either way ,, if volume is = weight x reps x sets .. clearly the higher the amount of 'weight' is that is lifted, then the more volume is achieved, NOT less.

eg.
315 x 10 x 2 > 300 x 10 x 2

the heavier weight in the above calculation would equate to a higher calculated amount of volume

of course, 350 x only 6 reps, x 2 sets ,, would equate to LESS volume , the weight went up, but the reps went further down.

Last edited:
When I powerlifted we did m-t Wed off, Th, Fri..weekends off. But they were 2 hour session s w lot s of rest between sets.

Now I try to get every body part 2 in 7-10 day s but that s me and I go hard and fast. Set s of min 10 rep s..

U gotta find ur way to your goal. I push my heart the hardest....but I m old.

the first one is generally used in powerlifting (as a percentage system) , the other one is used in endurance training .. body building is neither of those two things. sometime its both of those things combined. but, most body builders do not use percentage of one rep max to define the intensity of their workouts (however, 'weight lifters' , ie.., olympic lifters and power lifters do).

I'm assuming that the OP is interested in body building and physique training ,, and has no clue what his percentages of one rep maxes are nor any idea what his max heart rate is nor what 130 bpm would even be relative to his max heart rate.

I could be wrong though .. just an assumption by me :)

Bodybuilding certainly isn't endurance training. We are talking about picking up heavy objects. :)

what about Rich Piana's 8 hour long biceps workout :)

It just takes him 6hrs to pin that synthol after a 45 minute training session followed by a 75 minute flexing sesh. :wiggle:

To the OP: It IS possible to train 7 days a week, but it's not something you can jump into because you're on AAS. I had to build up to it over the course of years, and instead of taking rest days - I take rest weeks every couple months known as deloads.

I recommend that you follow through with your normal routine, and as the hormones do their thing, you'll find that you're able to progressively increase both weight and intensity. Eat to grow, train to grow, and rest up to grow.

It's really that simple.

My .02c :)

Back