Training after hernia surgery...

parrish

Found out I had a hernia & had it for years but was told I should have it fixed so I did.I would do 700-1850 crunches a week and never felt a thing but had to be fixed.Anyone else have this done?
Never missed anymore than 5 days training in 5 years and wondering how long to take before I can go all out as I have a competition in March 5K run and lift as well.
Any input is greatly appreciated:)

Yeah I was off for a couple months I think. The time off was a good thing. Came back and put on alot of muscle. Made me an advocate for taking some time off every once in a while. Probably be good for you since you obviously don't ever take time off.

It used to bother me occationally and had to take time off from the gym a few times. Has not given me any problems in the last year though.

Double3 said:
Yeah I was off for a couple months I think. The time off was a good thing. Came back and put on alot of muscle. Made me an advocate for taking some time off every once in a while. Probably be good for you since you obviously don't ever take time off.

It used to bother me occationally and had to take time off from the gym a few times. Has not given me any problems in the last year though.

If you are Ohio State then you know the Arnold Pump & Run,jeez I train all year to stay fit and then compete in this every March and already paid my fee.
Never felt any pain and now I don't have any pain but what happens is the incision(looks like a bubble) fills with blood and has to be drained ever 5-6 days.Any movement NOW causes it to fill back up with old blood and the Dr. takes a needle pulls it out then squeezes it like a zit!! Real freaky :insane2:
I have powerblocks from 5-45 lbs and did 4 sets of presses 30-45,curls 25-40,tri extensions25-40 for reps of 15 and felt great!!
Then the blood filled up so I have to back off.I figure the time off should really help me but I am still hoping I can make the run for the Classic as my goal was to beat my 5K run of 21:30 and get in the 20 min range.

Yeah I've gone to the expo the last 4 years.

That is weird that the incision fills up with blood. How long has it been since you had the surgery? Did you have the mesh put in?

Been 4 weeks today!
Should be ok for work soon but worked out fri,sat 8 sets 12 reps 50% weight & 24 on bike
Did 24 on bike last night & 6 min run at 50%...I feel ok but put 7lbs on:(

Wow I can't believe you started lifting weight and running already.

Doc say that you could?

Back