training more important than diet

dfresh88

ive read this multiple times. build muscle= eat more... burn fat= eat less. not so much what you eat but how much.

makes sense to me. so anyone agree that training is more important when it comes to building muscle?

not so much what you eat but how much.

DISAGREE

training is more important when it comes to building muscle

DISAGREE

The quality of calories you consume matters greatly - for reasons so numerous I won't even try to outline them all.

You can train all you want, but if your nutrition isn't spot-on or semi-decent, your performance and gains will be sub-optimal, period.

And don't forget about rest very important in this game of iron if you have time or not working sometimes take naps during the day they are awsome :)

CHEERS GT

The quality of calories you consume matters greatly - for reasons so numerous I won't even try to outline them all.

You can train all you want, but if your nutrition isn't spot-on or semi-decent, your performance and gains will be sub-optimal, period.

From a health standpoint its better to eat "clean" but for building muscle it doesn't matter is what I'm under the impression of. This is of course if you don't go too far over your macro requirements. Then of course you'll get fat

the quality of calories you consume matters greatly - for reasons so numerous i won't even try to outline them all.

this!^^^^^^^^:):)

a mediocre training and a great diet will go a lot farther than a mediocre diet and great training.

If you had nothing to do for 8 hours a day, what would you be doing? thats all about time spent anybody that spends that much time training will see results, but like most of us we cant spend 8 hours a day training 365 days a year

ive read this multiple times. build muscle= eat more... burn fat= eat less. not so much what you eat but how much.

makes sense to me. so anyone agree that training is more important when it comes to building muscle?

If you're young you can get away with a somewhat crappy diet if you're consistently training your ass off. All of us can remember being 20 years old and burning thru all kinds of crappy food an being lean as hell. I was anyways. IMO the problem is when you get 30+ and have some pretty bad habits instilled in your head. Eventually you might have health problems from the shitty food like I did....diagnosed pre-diabetic. I can tell you from personal experience, life long eating habits are a bitch to break. The sooner and younger you create good eating habits the easier life will be later.

Last edited:
If you're young you can get away with a somewhat crappy diet if you're consistently training your ass off. All of us can remember being 20 years old and burning thru all kinds of crappy food an being lean as hell. I was anyways. IMO the problem is when you get 30+ and have some pretty bad habits instilled in your head. Eventually you might have health problems from the shitty food like I did....diagnosed pre-diabetic. I can tell you from personal experience, life long eating habits are a bitch to break. The sooner and younger you create good eating habits the easier life will be later.

Yea no doubt bro. I'm just sayin I think you can still achieve great results without being so anal about diet as long as your training intensely in the gym

Training is the first prerequisite for muscle growth,

without it the best diet in the world will do little.

But a good diet is the 2nd, without the correct diet you will have less gains than with a good diet and plataeu mech earlier,

in synopsis train hard and eat well!!!!!

explain prisoners then, they sure dont get the best diet yet some manage to still get jacked... just sayin

lol are you serious? have you actually seem mad jacked dudes at a prison or are you just speaking from seeing movies? cause from everything ive seen on tv about REAL prisons there arent any jacked dudes.

i work in a very rough neighborhood...and trust me, you can tell the dudes that just got out of jail....fuckin jacked up. then they are at the park doin the jail yard workout...they are insane shape. i spoke to a guy one day...told me that on most days he would work out for 4 hours a day when he was locked up....lol

some of these guys core strength...amount of pullups they can do etc....is insane!!!

i work in a very rough neighborhood...and trust me, you can tell the dudes that just got out of jail....fuckin jacked up. then they are at the park doin the jail yard workout...they are insane shape. i spoke to a guy one day...told me that on most days he would work out for 4 hours a day when he was locked up....lol

some of these guys core strength...amount of pullups they can do etc....is insane!!!

Lol thats what I mean

Completely disagree. You can train as hard as you want, but without the calories you're going nowhere fast.

Back