Training on First Cycle

gettingully1

I'm running my first cycle (Test Enth. 5000mg/week divided into 2 shots). Another thing, in terms of training. For the past month (and probably the next month before I start my cycle) I've been training at moderate intensity one muscle a day for ~25 minutes. This is a rough breakdown: Monday (Chest) Tuesday (Back) Wednesday (Legs) Thursday (Arms + Abs) And then I repeat next weak. I usually have some cardio event on the weekend. When I start my cycle, I had a couple different ideas for getting the most out of my cycle, without overtraining. Which of the following plans do you think would be best for my cycle:

Plan 1
Day 1: Full body multi-joint compound movements (squat, bench, pullups, cleans, dead lift, etc)
Day 2: Cardio in the morning on empty stomach, sprints and footwork drills in the afternoon
Day 3: Single joint movements, small muscles (biceps, triceps, abs, calves)
Day 4: Off (low carb day)
Repeat

Plan 2
Day 1: Full body multi-joint compound movements (squat, bench, pullups, cleans, dead lifts, etc)
Day 2: Cardio in the morning on empty stomach, and then in the afternoon/evening Single joint movements, small muscles (biceps, triceps, abs, calves)
Day 3: Off (maybe light foot work drills and stretching) (low carb day)
Repeat

Obviously within these 4 days splits I will be varying the volume, intensity, tempo etc, to avoid overtraining and to keep my body guessing. But do either of these look suffice? Would you recommend something different. Thanks for all your help!

I want to know if that approach is conducive to adding lots of lean mass. I've gotten feed back that full body lifts are not the best approach for building size. I'm now considering the following split:

Day 1: Chest + Back
Day 2: Legs + Cleans
Day 3: Arms + Abs + Low Back + Calves
Day 4: Off
Repeat

Should I include the cleans on day 1 or day 2? I might add another day of rest between day 1 and 2 and do the following instead:

Day 2: Off
Day 3: Legs + Cleans
Day 4: Arms + Abs + Low Back + Calves
Day 5: Off
Repeat

You can't just sit here and give us some bodyparts and say critique. Everyone is different. Training on cycle is like training off cycle, you just may be able to push it harder and recover better. Most people i know don't change much when they get on.

"I've been training at moderate intensity one muscle a day for ~25 minutes"........

I am confused on how you train a muscle for 25 minutes???? How would that equate into a rep/weight association????

E

gettingully1 said:
I'm running my first cycle (Test Enth. 5000mg/week divided into 2 shots). Another thing, in terms of training. For the past month (and probably the next month before I start my cycle) I've been training at moderate intensity one muscle a day for ~25 minutes. This is a rough breakdown: Monday (Chest) Tuesday (Back) Wednesday (Legs) Thursday (Arms + Abs) And then I repeat next weak. I usually have some cardio event on the weekend. When I start my cycle, I had a couple different ideas for getting the most out of my cycle, without overtraining. Which of the following plans do you think would be best for my cycle:

Plan 1
Day 1: Full body multi-joint compound movements (squat, bench, pullups, cleans, dead lift, etc)
Day 2: Cardio in the morning on empty stomach, sprints and footwork drills in the afternoon
Day 3: Single joint movements, small muscles (biceps, triceps, abs, calves)
Day 4: Off (low carb day)
Repeat

Plan 2
Day 1: Full body multi-joint compound movements (squat, bench, pullups, cleans, dead lifts, etc)
Day 2: Cardio in the morning on empty stomach, and then in the afternoon/evening Single joint movements, small muscles (biceps, triceps, abs, calves)
Day 3: Off (maybe light foot work drills and stretching) (low carb day)
Repeat

Obviously within these 4 days splits I will be varying the volume, intensity, tempo etc, to avoid overtraining and to keep my body guessing. But do either of these look suffice? Would you recommend something different. Thanks for all your help!

And you want to do a cycla ena dnot overtrain? Be careful you dont undertrain. You have to stimulate muscle to grow. I thinhk you would be better off giving us info on the movement with the rep count and weight you are going to use...or at least the rep copunt and movements you are going to do...

E

gettingully1 said:
I want to know if that approach is conducive to adding lots of lean mass. I've gotten feed back that full body lifts are not the best approach for building size. I'm now considering the following split:

Day 2: Legs + Cleans
Day 3: Arms + Abs + Low Back + Calves
Day 4: Off
Repeat

Should I include the cleans on day 1 or day 2? I might add another day of rest between day 1 and 2 and do the following instead:

Day 2: Off
Day 3: Legs + Cleans
Day 4: Arms + Abs + Low Back + Calves
Day 5: Off
Repeat

And you can add lean mass and lift heavy..and not overtain...On my cycles I do one body part at a session.

You say chest and back? What exercises?

You say legs and cleans? One would think after doing legs correctly, you wouldnt have the energy left to do cleans...

I dont do arms together..i run bi on a different day..my reasoning is that when i get the correct movements going, and i get a pump in my bis where they feel like they are going to explode...i can not correctly train my tris..and vice versa...

E

First of all, i mean 500mg per week not 5000mg, sorry.

Here is the possible breakdown of what i'll try:

Day 1: Chest/Back -
-Flatbench 6 x 5 / weighted pull ups 6 x 6
-Incline DB Press 5 x 9 / Rows 5 x 8
-

Day 2: Legs
- Squat 4 x 7 / Box Jumps
- Lunges w/ DBs 3 x 10
- Deadlift 5 x 5
- Power Cleans 4 x 2

Day 3: Arms/Abs/Low Back
Bunch of different shit. I vary it up a lot. Try to hit arm muscles at different angles. All within the 5-10 rep range for arms and 8 -12 rep range for abs/lowback

I wanted to try to do bench, squats, deadlifts, cleans, pull ups all in the same workout at a smaller volume and do that once every 4 days and train the smaller muscles all together in another workout but i guess thats not a good idea. Any thoughts?

Day 4 would be an off day and then I would repeat

For Days 1-20 (first 5 cycles) I would try to stick to the 3-4 x 9 -12 set/rep ratio

For Days 21-40 (Next 5 cycles) I would try to stick to the 4-6 x 5-8 set/rep ratio

For Days 41- 60 (Next 5 cycles) I would try to stick to the 5-6 x 3-5 set/rep ratio

gettingully1 said:
First of all, i mean 500mg per week not 5000mg, sorry.

Here is the possible breakdown of what i'll try:

Day 1: Chest/Back -
-Flatbench 6 x 5 / weighted pull ups 6 x 6
-Incline DB Press 5 x 9 / Rows 5 x 8
-

Day 2: Legs
- Squat 4 x 7 / Box Jumps
- Lunges w/ DBs 3 x 10
- Deadlift 5 x 5
- Power Cleans 4 x 2

Day 3: Arms/Abs/Low Back
Bunch of different shit. I vary it up a lot. Try to hit arm muscles at different angles. All within the 5-10 rep range for arms and 8 -12 rep range for abs/lowback

I wanted to try to do bench, squats, deadlifts, cleans, pull ups all in the same workout at a smaller volume and do that once every 4 days and train the smaller muscles all together in another workout but i guess thats not a good idea. Any thoughts?
LOL,
much better.
i was like DAMN! thats a lot of test for a 1st cycle.

and why are you making this work out so cpmplicated?

are you on a time restraint for lifting? if so a 2 day full body work out would not be bad idea.
however if you have the time in the week, why not do either a PL split or a 4 day BB split.
keep shit simple stupid.

Honestly (don't take this as me knocking you), if you don't know...you aren't likely ready to run a cycle. It is very doubtful that you have experimented enough and correctly with the various training techniques.

Training on cycle is like training off cycle, except you move heavier weight and overtrain more, but because of the anabolic state of your body as a result of the testosterone, minor overtraining won't hurt if not done for too long.

Back