Training sore muscles. Yay or Nay?

PapaNoel

Hello bro's

Been thinking about this question for years now and always seem to get different answers.

Is it any negative effects to training muscles that are sore?
I've just gotten back to training so i'm extra sore but I feel pumped and wanna hit the gym and train more.

Read anything from that it doesn't matter to that you can actually "down-train" muscles because they're rebuilding.

So what's the truth here broski's?
Thanks

So i went ahead and decided to go to the gym anyhow, my legs wasn't so sore, so I killed them, was doing triple supersets with isometric(?) movement and all that fun jizz.
When i was done with legs I wasn't satisfied to did a full body workout too, just 2-3 sets per muscle to give them a nudge.

Only muscles that was a pain to train was core and mostly abs but i did my usual 10 min routine and it was very much needed.

But the question remains...nobody knows this?

Because your muscles need time to recuperate and grow, prevailing wisdom states that you should give sore muscles 1 to 2 days of rest before exercising them hard again.
i always feel odd when i train a sore muscle so i just stopped and gave it a few days to heal. then slowly begin training that muscle again bit by bit.

Back