Training time before using gear..

How long did you train before using gear ?

• 1 yr

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 2 yr

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • 3 yr

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other length of time

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters

Jskaarj

Hey guys , just curious as to how long you trained before starting gear . I went 13 yrs , lets hear from everyone else .

Diesil said:
5 years here, started training at 14 juicing at almost 19 and I am 21 now.

I would give it at least 5 years, bodybuilding is not a quick results sport. I also started when I was 14, juiced at 20 for the first time. Im now 21 and ready for my second in 1 week!!!

Time to expand..........again!!!!!

I trained for 6-7 years naturally and what I learned in that time was invaluable. I am glad I waited that long, any earlier and I would not have been mature enough to use the gear to its maximum potential.

About 12 - 13 yrs, here's a little story you might find interesting;

I always tell younger guys to wait and do things naturally until they reach their genetic limitations and this is solely based on my personal experience. I have never really told this before so here goes.

Most of you know that I'm 45 yrs old. Well at age 30 or so, I had never touched any iron and weighed in at a whopping 145 lbs. I was sitting at a football game one afternoon when a gust of wind came up and my closest friends brother said to me "you better hold on to something or you'll blow away". Well it sort of hit me then, I was a skinny rail whose sole purpose in life was to get drunk. Shortly after that I got in touch with a personal trainer and took a real interest in bobybuilding. Over the course of the next 5 years I added over 60 lbs to my frame, all naturally. I continued to train this way (naturally) until about 2 years ago when I was diagnosed with low testosterone levels and got prescribed test from my doctor. Then and only then did I seek to get involved with self-prescribed AAS, as I had hit my genetic potential and was kind of on them anyways.

Sure I could have gotten into it all back when I was 145, but where would I be today, without first building a good base to work with ??

You see I know first hand what proper diet, training and rest can do, that's why I advocate waiting until they are older before they start with the juice. That's my story, hope I didn'y bore you all to death. LOL !!

StoneColdNTO said:

I always tell younger guys to wait and do things naturally until they reach their genetic limitations and this is solely based on my personal experience. I have never really told this before so here goes.

Sure I could have gotten into it all back when I was 145, but where would I be today, without first building a good base to work with ??

You see I know first hand what proper diet, training and rest can do, that's why I advocate waiting until they are older before they start with the juice. That's my story, hope I didn'y bore you all to death. LOL !!

That's sort of what I was getting at, but I am cooking a steak at work right now and don't want to burn it (I usually do) :p

The Terminator said:
I trained for 6-7 years naturally and what I learned in that time was invaluable. I am glad I waited that long, any earlier and I would not have been mature enough to use the gear to its maximum potential.

Same here.

I went three years here, but I had no clue what I was doing. No idea as to protein, or anything remotely related to diet, so I thought that Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) was kindof the be all, end all ya know. Of course, that was back in the day when those giant dog-food bags of Weider protein with 2500 cals per serving were still selling like hotcakes!

StoneColdNTO said:

Most of you know that I'm 45 yrs old. Well at age 30 or so, I had never touched any iron and weighed in at a whopping 145 lbs. I was sitting at a football game one afternoon when a gust of wind came up and my closest friends brother said to me "you better hold on to something or you'll blow away". Well it sort of hit me then, I was a skinny rail whose sole purpose in life was to get drunk. Shortly after that I got in touch with a personal trainer and took a real interest in bobybuilding. Over the course of the next 5 years I added over 60 lbs to my frame, all naturally. I continued to train this way (naturally) until about 2 years ago when I was diagnosed with low testosterone levels and got prescribed test from my doctor. Then and only then did I seek to get involved with self-prescribed AAS, as I had hit my genetic potential and was kind of on them anyways.

Not boring at all . Great info and I agree 100% .

18 years working out on and off, couldn't brake 190 lbs, thats way the off period, then last year I just typed steroids into a search engine and here I am over 200 lbs, just wish I would have done it a little sooner.

By the way nice board. cinnabar

StoneColdNTO said:

Great story Bro, we all have something that brought us to this family

JohnnyB

A little over 10 years, not exactly sure. No internet back then, just dumb muscleheads passing incorrect info to each other. You were considered a guru if you had the WAR96 book.

I think it has a lot to do with age! If you are 17, I would train naturally until i was 22-23. If I was 22, would give it a solid 2 years. If you are 30+, 1 year of natural training!

I started training at 14 ,and had a bad expierence with ergogenics at the age of 15 (I was way too young ,and dumb to be messing around with DNP ,T3 ,and clen). So I built a good foundation . Developed good training ,and diet habits. Then decided to hit the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) a few years later. Im 21 now.

I really think the right time to start Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) is a personal thing to decide. The right time can really vary from one individual to the next. I think whats most important is knowledge ,discipline ,and consistency of training ,diet , and supplimentation. Once you have those covered then maybe Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) can be a usefull tool for you to include in your bodybuilding lifestyle.

Capricorn_Mike

Back