Tren filter problem

Onswoll

INTENSITY IS EVERYTHING
Ok, im brewing some Tren right now, and im at the process where I have my funnals inside the vials with a coffee filter inside the funnal. I shook my tren, and poured it into the coffee filter this morning and its been slooowly filterning thru. But it seemed to have stopped filterning because all the gunk i think has clogged the coffee filter at the bottom. is there anything i can do or should i just let it sit over night and all the tren will eventually filter thru the gunk at the bottom? I took a straw, dipped in into some alcohol, took a hair dryer to it to dry it off and stuck it in the bottom of the coffee filter to mix the gunk around to see if that would help. which it did, but not for long. any ideas or should i just be patient?

I hope this is a bad joke? How could you even think about filtering your gear through a coffee filter? Throw that stuff away no matter how expensive it was and get yourself some syringe filters.

Calavera said:
I hope this is a bad joke? How could you even think about filtering your gear through a coffee filter? Throw that stuff away no matter how expensive it was and get yourself some syringe filters.

have you ever made tren before?

i just checked it.....its sloowly getting thru the gunk. ill leave it thru the night and it should be good to go in the AM. BAD joke? um no, if you knew anything youd know that the kit comes with two coffee filters. I have plenty of waterman filters, that is the NEXT step. one step at a time calavera, one step at a time man.

Oh, Im sorry... Didnt know that! I thought you were going to put it only through a coffee filter.

Calavera said:
Oh, Im sorry... Didnt know that! I thought you were going to put it only through a coffee filter.

I know some people make it w/o the coffee filter...but its nigh impossible to filter it through those Whattman filters alone.

Sometimes the coffee filter gets too saturated and will not filter anymore. When this happens I poke a tiny hole in the side of the filter. You may have to adjust the filter so the hole is the lowest point. I figure at this point I have most of the solid material trapped in the filter. Then I use the whatman.
Try to get away with using only one whatman. They are expensive and its always good to have an extra.

Back