TRT clinics and compounding pharmacies

DucBase

I'm noticing a trend (at least locally), that clinics are insisting on getting the test through compounding pharmacies in lieu of just giving you a script. It only bugged me a little at first...I was getting the stuff delivered to my door and that was nice. But come to find out I've been injecting severely underdosed test for about six months now.

Is this common practice? IMT, can you guys shed any light on this?

No real reason a compounding pharmacy should be delivering underdosed test.
Did bloods come back different than usual?

Yeah, 250/week is now putting me at about 500TT, should be around 1000. Just took way too long to figure it out.

I've been with IMT since 2012. I've never had any reason to question the dosing. The prescriptions are filled by compounding pharmacies and IMT has changed pharmacies from time to time. Regardless, when I periodically check levels, they are always right where I expect them to be. I understand that this could be a difficult thing to detect . But, this is not an issue that I really worry about. I suppose a pharmacy could underdose, but I think it's kind of unlikely (very shady). Once they get caught, I'm sure the TRT clinic would switch to a different pharmacy - not a very good way to stay in business.

Use of compounding pharmacies is standard with clinics. There may be some exceptions, but the vast majority of them use compounded medications.

If your bloodwork has changed that much while on the same dose/frequency, that's definitely something to bring up to your clinic and pharmacy.

Most compounding pharmacies are just as reliable as your local CVS, but there are bound to be some bad apples in there as well.

Okay then. Sounds like that part is pretty normal. I brought it up with the clinic some time back. They can't seem to offer any explanation other than I must have developed a resistance to test (after 2 years) and told me just getting a script wasn't going to happen. I know my levels have been low for a while though, my libido has been in the shitter and taking way too many naps.

I got a new vial so 5 weeks and I'll test again and most likely go shopping for another clinic that isn't a scam.

Okay then. Sounds like that part is pretty normal. I brought it up with the clinic some time back. They can't seem to offer any explanation other than I must have developed a resistance to test (after 2 years) and told me just getting a script wasn't going to happen. I know my levels have been low for a while though, my libido has been in the shitter and taking way too many naps.

I got a new vial so 5 weeks and I'll test again and most likely go shopping for another clinic that isn't a scam.

"developed a resistance to test"

lol wut

I know. One hell of a resistance I've developed.:insane:

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they were blind sided like me. If not, I'll be shopping for a new place I guess. It's discouraging to me as I've spent the last year working up to the dose I need to be at. Not many places will take your word on needing 250/week. I really wish I was one of those guys who could get by with 100/week. I haven't found a PC doc yet that is open to prescribing 250/week so I'm stuck with clinics for now.

I know. One hell of a resistance I've developed.:insane:

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they were blind sided like me. If not, I'll be shopping for a new place I guess. It's discouraging to me as I've spent the last year working up to the dose I need to be at. Not many places will take your word on needing 250/week. I really wish I was one of those guys who could get by with 100/week. I haven't found a PC doc yet that is open to prescribing 250/week so I'm stuck with clinics for now.

have u considered IMT? i am with them as is my father (only been a week so far) and thus far they seem very good.. prob the best in the business. straightforward, efficient etc etc.

i know how it feels to deal with imbeciles.. i saw an endo prior to going to IMT and the fucker told me i was healthy and ok.. even tho my dick wasn't working well, i had a huge case of gyno (which is going to be removed soon now) and pretty much had every symptom of low t.. hell, i would even bet money that my early hair loss has been exacerbated by my shit t to e ratio causing more t to convert to dht. the worst part is when u hear that u are "healthy" from an endo that is old, bald, and fat..... i wonder if he considers himself to be "healthy" as well, lmao. but i digress. you should give them a shot if u haven't already.

It sounds like a problem with the pharmacy rather than the clinic itself.

Weird. I go to a local TRT clinic. Doc writes me a script and I get it filled at the pharmacy right around the corner from the TRT office. My biggest challenge was finding a pharmacy willing to give me a single 10ML vial. Most wanted to give me those damn 1ml vial, 2 at a time!

Are you sure this is testosterone from one of our pharmacies? How come we haven't heard about this through email first? Is this enanthate?

Compounding pharmacy practices have changed in the past 2.5 years. Before compounding pharmacies could make a batch of meds, pull a sample and then send it to a separate testing facility. They could dispense the medication immediately, they did not have to wait for the results.

Now they have to send it to 3 different testing facilities and receive the results before dispensing the medication.

This all changed when some pharmacy (we had no affiliation) dispensed Cortico-steroids that gave a bunch of people meningitis. Here is a related article:

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/victims-meningitis-outbreak-hope-criminal-charges-against-compounding-pharmacy-2D11653410

So im not sure how it would be under dosed, or more importantly why. The actual testosterone powder is so cheap these days it is not logical to under dose testosterone. Even for like 1,000 vials it may save them 40 bucks.

If this is from IMT you need to get with them directly, I HIGHLY doubt its the testosterone BUT they may try a different pharmacy for you.

Last edited:
Weird. I go to a local TRT clinic. Doc writes me a script and I get it filled at the pharmacy right around the corner from the TRT office. My biggest challenge was finding a pharmacy willing to give me a single 10ML vial. Most wanted to give me those damn 1ml vial, 2 at a time!

That happened to me too. a 1ml vial costs me the same as a 10ml. crazy stuff.

Just to clarify: this is not IMT. I only mentioned them in the OP as I was wondering if they could offer any insight. If my clinic can't get their shit together though I will be getting in contact with IMT...

I'm having the same issue at Rite-Aid. Where are you getting 10ML vials?

Let's be clear for those of you whom don't know the cost of the glass vial cost more to the pharmacy than what gors in it. Making these products is like making a cake. It's not rocket science and it's fully automated. You just dont get under dosed product from a pharmacy.

Let's be clear for those of you whom don't know the cost of the glass vial cost more to the pharmacy than what gors in it. Making these products is like making a cake. It's not rocket science and it's fully automated. You just dont get under dosed product from a pharmacy.

I did, and this is why I'm so confused. Buying raws and oil costs next to nothing. This test is definitely underdosed though. I just got an email from another guy I know that's using a different branch of the same clinic. Same compounding pharmacy. His TT numbers came in around half what they should have been, just like mine.

They know about it now so I'll try and be patient and let them sort it out. Part of my frustration stems from their reluctance to just give me a script so I could go to CVS/Walgreens and buy some Watson on my own dime.

I agree with you for the most part. I don't think any compounding pharmacy would see it as worthwhile to underdose their testosterone. It's not worth ruining their reputation or putting their business in jeopardy. They're not some UGL trying to make a few extra bucks.

On the other hand, mistakes happen at CP's sometimes. Usually it's something minor, but let's not forget about the error that Strohecker's made a little while back...which was pretty significant:

Enforcement Report - Week of June 3, 2015

Back