TRX training humbled this bodybuilder!

MuscleAddiction

Beast ***e!!!
What's up folks!

Almost in every gym you walk into these days, you will see these black & yellow straps with handles hanging off of the wall or some rack in the gym. For those of you who don't know what these are, they are TRX Suspension Training straps...http://www.trxtraining.com/...and this little device is taking training by storm!

At both gyms I train at (SNAP Fitness in Half Moon Bay, and Powerhouse Gym in Redwood City) they are there hanging off the wall. So I decided to have a girlfriend trainer of mine put me through a workout this morning using just these for 30 minutes...and I was shocked!

Shocked mainly of how out of shape they made me feel! This bodybuilder was a bit humbled after she was done with me! We performed a full body workout, just going through the basic fundamentals exercises and core strengthening exercises, and damn was I impressed! I am a fairly big guy (currently 6'1", floating around 230 lbs.) and these utilize your body weight for the exercises, so I am pushing, pulling, curling, crunching my body-weight throughout the session...and I was dripping sweat! Humbled as she was chuckling at the big bad muscular dude struggling for correct form and swinging side to side trying to keep my core tight for each rep...it was great!

I am going to incorporate this system into my current regemine as variety, stretching, core, and hitting those muscles that the weights just don't seem to reach...another type of training to conquer!

What are others thoughts on these yellow & black bands hanging off the walls at your gym?

They will make a total bitch out of you man....it sucks but its great training.....made one of my junior guys puke using those things.....he was pretty soft though.....lol

I think the reason people shy away from bands and stuff is that they have this "Oh man there's no 45lb plates clanking around blah blah" but for most fairly developed guys that weigh a good amount those things can be killer depending on the exercises. I used to be a huge fan of calisthenics when i first started training, i bet if i went back to them entirely i'd get wiped out. Pull-Ups are my favorite though. Those straps looks like they could give you some pretty crazy movements very interesting!

They will make a total bitch out of you man....it sucks but its great training.....made one of my junior guys puke using those things.....he was pretty soft though.....lol

That's funny...yeah, I was sweating profusely when I was put through a workout using them, and the next day I felt muscles that were sore deep in my back and shoulders...yes it was f*cking awesome!

I think the reason people shy away from bands and stuff is that they have this "Oh man there's no 45lb plates clanking around blah blah" but for most fairly developed guys that weigh a good amount those things can be killer depending on the exercises. I used to be a huge fan of calisthenics when i first started training, i bet if i went back to them entirely i'd get wiped out. Pull-Ups are my favorite though. Those straps looks like they could give you some pretty crazy movements very interesting!

I used them this morning for my back workout...depending on the angle of your body to the floor increases the difficulty of the movement. I warmed up performing high rows with my body around 45 degrees from the floor...4 sets, really stretching and squeezing my shouder blades...then at the end of my routine I went back to them and put my feet up against the wall so my body was almost parallel to the floor and did some more rows...I think I was able to do 8 on my first set before I hit the wall...keep in mind that I am 230 lbs and pulling my bodyweight...don't need any 45 lb plates here bro!

I dare anybody to put themselves through a workout on these, there are so many movements you can do:

Best TRX Workouts and Exercises | TRX

Check some of them out...then try it at your gym!

They can help you switch things up for sure, try throwing some kettlebell exercises in and you will be really sore.

TRX training can strengthen and tone your muscles. This is not significantly different than other forms of resistance training but it is a current fad.

TRX exercises

Back