UFC 86 JACKSON vs GRIFFIN

why is that hard to understand? the people that belong in the pride group are the ones that were in pride at the time that ufc took them over. people who have fought in pride in the past but were already out at the time of the takeover arent part of the group. that means silva isnt a pride guy. ramgays, nogeira, cro cop, henderson, etc. are in that group. you fucking know this so quit acting retarded because you want to consider silva a pride guy.

why is that hard to understand? the people that belong in the pride group are the ones that were in pride at the time that ufc took them over. people who have fought in pride in the past but were already out at the time of the takeover arent part of the group. that means silva isnt a pride guy. ramgays, nogeira, cro cop, henderson, etc. are in that group. you fucking know this so quit acting retarded because you want to consider silva a pride guy.

Silva lost his first Pride fight, then went to fight for three other promotions, one of them being cage rage. He came back to lose his second Pride fight in a row and decided to move to cage rage. No one with even a hint of international mma knowledge would imply that cage rage is a higher level of competition than Pride, which is what you seem to be doing. And don't pretend like you're spelling something out in bold letters here, that last sentence I quoted made no logical sense.

Silva lost his first Pride fight, then went to fight for three other promotions, one of them being cage rage. He came back to lose his second Pride fight in a row and decided to move to cage rage. No one with even a hint of international mma knowledge would imply that cage rage is a higher level of competition than Pride, which is what you seem to be doing. And don't pretend like you're spelling something out in bold letters here, that last sentence I quoted made no logical sense.

it made perfect sense.

and im not suggesting silva is a cage rage fighter or that cage rage is above pride. i am saying that ufc is above pride and anderson silva is above pride. you are trying to play silly games with his losses in pride but im sure you arent suggesting the guys who beat him are better than he is so you have no point.

the silliness is you know perfectly well that im using a very clear definition for what makes someone a pride guy and what makes them a ufc guy. you have your own definition and it is wrong.

it made perfect sense.

and im not suggesting silva is a cage rage fighter or that cage rage is above pride. i am saying that ufc is above pride and anderson silva is above pride. you are trying to play silly games with his losses in pride but im sure you arent suggesting the guys who beat him are better than he is so you have no point.

the silliness is you know perfectly well that im using a very clear definition for what makes someone a pride guy and what makes them a ufc guy. you have your own definition and it is wrong.

There is no silliness. Your definition makes no sense. It exists only in your head. You are reaching for something that doesn't exist in a pathetic attempt to discredit Pride, as usual. Anderson Silva is a better fighter than Daiju Takase and Ryo Chonan, but he lost to both of them, so on the day of the fights they were the better fighters.

There is no silliness. Your definition makes no sense. It exists only in your head. You are reaching for something that doesn't exist in a pathetic attempt to discredit Pride, as usual. Anderson Silva is a better fighter than Daiju Takase and Ryo Chonan, but he lost to both of them, so on the day of the fights they were the better fighters.

pride doesnt need discrediting. it was a lower level of fighting than ufc.

your definition: (because you want to include silva) is anyone who has ever fought in pride

my definition: anyone who was with pride at the time of the takeover

Bearing in mind that we've already agreed that cage rage is a lesser promotion than either UFC or Pride, I'm wondering what the difference between those two definitions is in your mind?

Bearing in mind that we've already agreed that cage rage is a lesser promotion than either UFC or Pride, I'm wondering what the difference between those two definitions is in your mind?

the difference is that if someone moved to the ufc before the takeover and managed to be successful they have already demonstrated their worthiness in ufc and ascension above other fighting organizatios. if they were in pride during the takeover then they still havent proven ufc worthiness. look at cro cop, he came to ufc as a top pride guy and had to prove himself and failed. ramgays and nopenisra have succeeded thus far but i think they will need more than one fight to really prove it.

the difference is that if someone moved to the ufc before the takeover and managed to be successful they have already demonstrated their worthiness in ufc and ascension above other fighting organizatios. if they were in pride during the takeover then they still havent proven ufc worthiness. look at cro cop, he came to ufc as a top pride guy and had to prove himself and failed. ramgays and nopenisra have succeeded thus far but i think they will need more than one fight to really prove it.

Rampage has 3 fights, Nog has 2, but I understand you want to see them fight more before you accept how good they are. Once Rampage destroys Forrest and Nog destroys Mir they will become more legitimate to the American audience. Although, having ko'd Liddell with one punch, I would think everyone would be sold on Rampage, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Rampage has 3 fights, Nog has 2, but I understand you want to see them fight more before you accept how good they are. Once Rampage destroys Forrest and Nog destroys Mir they will become more legitimate to the American audience. Although, having ko'd Liddell with one punch, I would think everyone would be sold on Rampage, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

the chuck fight was too fast. could have just got lucky and caught him. he could be like houston alexander but maybe even worse. the henderson wouldnt have counted since henderson is not proven in ufc and it was a 5 round decision anyway. beating eastman isnt going to prove much to anyone. we will see what he does with forrest. im willing to believe there were a couple of pride animal monkey fighteres that can succeed in ufc.

the chuck fight was too fast. could have just got lucky and caught him. he could be like houston alexander but maybe even worse. the henderson wouldnt have counted since henderson is not proven in ufc and it was a 5 round decision anyway. beating eastman isnt going to prove much to anyone. we will see what he does with forrest. im willing to believe there were a couple of pride animal monkey fighteres that can succeed in ufc.

If by a couple that succeed you mean take three of the belts and hold them indefinitely then you are correct. And for pity's sake don't act like Rampage didn't beat the shit out of Chuck in the first fight. Have you watched it? Do I need to post a link? You just argue yourself in circles.

If by a couple that succeed you mean take three of the belts and hold them indefinitely then you are correct. And for pity's sake don't act like Rampage didn't beat the shit out of Chuck in the first fight. Have you watched it? Do I need to post a link? You just argue yourself in circles.

they have taken 2 of the belts and ramgays has only held his for a long time because he hasnt fought for a long time. nog only beat silvia which is nothing too special.

Rampage beat a top 10 fighter to get his belt, then beat another top 10 fighter to keep it. And even Silva shouldn't be considered a Pride fighter. He only had 3 fights in Pride if I remember correctly. I love Frank Mir and hope he wins but I'm pretty sure Nog will beat him and after that I don't know who can beat him.

Rampage beat a top 10 fighter to get his belt, then beat another top 10 fighter to keep it. And even Silva shouldn't be considered a Pride fighter. He only had 3 fights in Pride if I remember correctly. I love Frank Mir and hope he wins but I'm pretty sure Nog will beat him and after that I don't know who can beat him.

Your memory is incorrect he fought in five Pride events from 2002-2004 finishing 3-2.

It's about time I get my picks up. This is one of those cards where none of the fights have any significance aside from the title shot, so I'm gonna pick a lot of underdogs.

Rampage by ko round 3.
Koscheck
Tibau
Aurelio
Almeida
Corey Hill
Guillard
Saunders
Gurgel
Manbearpig

Back