UFC 86 JACKSON vs GRIFFIN

Man... I had my hopes on rampage. Very good job by Griffin nonetheless!
And I hate Almeida... very tactical and all but so fuckin boring to watch. Love to see him fight a guy like wanderlei Silva though. And maybe now we will see a Rampage vs Wanderlei Silva again :D

Look at Forest after the decision, he knew he lost. Thats Dana's poster boy period. If anything it should have been a draw!!!!...Watch the post fight interviews...forest was not happy, for someone that just won the belt. In his mind he lost!....now Chuck will fight forest, and be champ again...because Dana wants that....

In no way did Forrest win that fight.

i dont think either of them won the fight. too little was accomplished by either fighter to have a firm opinion on all the rounds. overall i wasnt happy with the event. however, i am happy that officially ramgays lost.

i dont think either of them won the fight. too little was accomplished by either fighter to have a firm opinion on all the rounds. overall i wasnt happy with the event. however, i am happy that officially ramgays lost.

You know something is wrong when a sour taste is left in the mouths of everyone involved including the winner. I think fightmetric scored the fight about as accurately as possible. I would have had it go to Rampage by a point, I gave him 3 rounds and only gave Griffin a 10-9 in round 2 (he did zero damage while mounted which is inexcusable). I could easily have seen it a draw though, and in that case it goes to Rampage. Aside from leg kicks Griffin did no damage to Rampage, and lost every exchange.

I knew something was up when one of the judges gave Almeida his fight.

that was ridiculous. when almeida lifted his hands like he won i was saying "how the hell does he possibly think he won that fight?" he had no striking whatsoever and his only goal was to take it to the floor. he managed to do that once with about 20 seconds left in the fight. so the rest of the fight he accomplished zero and yet he felt he may have won.

with scoring the ramgays fight i may be wrong but i think i gave ramgays 1 & 3 and forrest 2 and i didnt bother with 4 & 5 because i couldnt pick a winner.

I don't mean to harp on the whole UFC vs Pride thing more than I already have, but this is one of those situations where judging the fight on the whole in combination with a point scoring system would really have produced a more accurate result. Griffin won his fight on leg kicks. He did no damage with punches, no damage with high kicks, no damage on the ground, no damage period.

I personally also felt that It should have been a draw. And when its a draw the titleholder automatically wins. I so fucking want to see Almeidas face bashed in though. Never liked that guy. I want to see wanderlei silva in a title fight again. Think he will do very well now. In the middle of the fight One of the commentators said I Think Forrest is gonna win this fight. I remember thinking wtf is he talking about???

I think there should be some discussion over what actually constitutes and 10-8 round (since so many seemed to give round 2 to Forrest 10-8 when he was simply lay and praying), and what it means to actually take a belt. What I saw was Forrest losing every exchange and running away the entire fight because he had one dominant round.

First of all you can't blame the referee's or judging on the UFC. Those are controlled by the commission.

Secondly, Rampage throws harder punches but he really didn't do fuck all in that fight. Forrest knew he had to stay away from the haymakers and he did a nice job. He also smoked Rampage in the second round which could have went 10-8 and he had a nice solid triangle attempt as well. Rampage on the other hand, never really had a lot of offense. I had Forrest winning that fight based on points, but there was no clear cut winner.

Almeida vs Cote - This shows that you cant be a one dimensional fighter in the UFC. Almeida was showing some slick BJJ at the start of the fight, but when that didn't work he was boring.

I just cannot see the 10-8 round in round 2. How can you give someone a 10-8 round for literally laying in mount for 3 minutes? He had every opportunity to finish the fight there and he did less damage to Rampage than James Thompson did to Kimbo. It's fucking disgusting. This fighting not to lose shit really gets me. To take a belt a fighter should have to do more than Forrest did. Forrest fought this fight like Machida fought Tito Ortiz, the difference being that instead of being elusive and doing damage he got blown away in every exchange. The fightmetric data has it on the money. Scoring the fight by damaging blows, Rampage edges it out. Don't get me wrong here, Rampage came into the fight with a poor gameplan. He should have known the leg kicks were coming and checked them starting in round 1. Once, his leg was hurt his ability to move forward offensively was hindered. Forrest took advantage of this by kicking at his legs, shying away from every exchange, and laying on top of him when he had mount. Perfect plan when you're trying to win a decision.

I think forrest said it all "...every punch hurt..."

no way was he going to take to much damage.

I'm pretty much against any decision in a fight.

It should go till someone loses. KO, TKO, Tap out, or just gives up, thows the towel in.

Maybe you could check the score at the end of 5, if it's a close fight, keep fighting. If one guy is DOMINATING, then end it. Like when we used to play street ball, we had to win by 2.

My guess would be that Chuck is going to get a shot at Forrest.

If Rampage won, Wandy would have got a shot at the belt

Back